1HappyGuy

CSC Updated as of August 15, 2008

7 posts in this topic

I just checked the USCIS web site to see if our case has been touched. Again nothing, but I did note the processing schedule has been changed to reflect August 15, 2008. What is troubling is that the I-751 for CSC is going backwards. It use to say processing January 15, 2008 but now reflects applications from January 2, 2008.

So, what the heck is going on?

Filed: Timeline

That date is supposed to reflect the earliest case not yet processed. Its not unusual for it to go back a couple of days here and there, I have a feeling that they look at the last few in the pipeline.

A more realistic date might be the bulk of cases currently being processed. From the list we maintain here, there are people being approved who filed in late May.

Oh, I knew about the method they use for posting dates. I'm just frustrated that they moved their date backwards. Their system doesn't seem to be improving much. They use to post updates every two weeks, but now it looks like its monthly. Considering the date listed is August 15th and this is August 29th, it really doesn't say much for them.

I am glad to hear they are processing some filed in May, but it would sure be nice if there was a touch on my wife's application which we filed in April. I just needed to vent some frustration.

Filed: Timeline

I understand your frustration :bonk: . I have a feeling that they've probably de-prioritised the case status system, perhaps at least during the summer. My receipt number still shows up as not existing more than a month after biometrics.

I'm willing to let it slide if they are working on the actual case :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I walk out my door, down to the lake and look across, I see St. Albans, home of the VSC. A good friend's wife works at the VSC. I asked her about this. She tells me that at any given update they list the OLDEST case in their office. Now, why it went backwards is anyone's guess. Perhaps they missed one, or the adjudicator handling it was absent and didn't report it OR it had been processed and was "out" for an RFE and now has been returned and being "processed" again. Speculation, of course. Basically these estimates mean nothing. They do not want you calling your congressman and by posting this they keep people "happy" because by far most are processed quicker than the posted date.

Beware, attorneys use this information to promote their service. They say..."See, my cases ge processed faster". Which of course is impossible. NO ONE can process your case and prepare it faster than you can! An attorney can do NOTHING until you give them all the documents. Who do you think can fill out a form on a computer faster? You? Or the attorney with lots of other cases to handle?

Anyway, these old cases are usually waiting for an RFE or maybe an IMBRA waiver or some other complication. When I filed my petition at VSC in March their website said they were processing cases from August. When I received my NOA2, 61 days later, they were processing cases from September. Put your NOA1 date into the VJ timeline and it will give you a much more accurate date of adjudication. VJ said I would get adjudicated about June 22. It was May 15 when my case was approved. VJ bases their estimate on actual experience.

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.