Fahad S

Pakistani Birth Certificate For Beneficiary For DS-230 (CR1) Was Rejected

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers!

I am really hoping someone can help me out. I am a U.S. citizen and my wife is a Pakistani born (born in Multan, Pakistan) Canadian Citizen. I submitted the DS-230 packet for the CR1 and my case is on hold as they rejected my wife's BC. I had submitted her original BC that was provided by the hospital at the time of her birth and it was in English; additionally, I submitted an original attested BC statement that was attested by Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These two documents were used by the Canadian immigration a few years back while my wife was obtaining Canadian immigration and had no issues.

Does anyone has any advice for me. I am not sure what else I can obtain and submit. I called NVC and the agent told me that I need a copy that is an extract of birth issued by the Pakistani Ministry of Health or by the local municipality where my wife was born. Neither I nor my wife have any relatives in that area of Pakistan anymore - I really hope I won't have to spend $2k to go there to extract an official copy of her BC. This is just frustrating!!

I was born and raised here, and have no clue how I can go about obtaining this record. Any advice as to how I can obtain the document that NVC is asking for or what can I submit in lieu of the document that U.S. immigration is requesting? Any advice you can offer will be appreciated as our case has been on hold for 8 weeks now and I just don't know what to do. I am sure someone from Pakistan has been in this situation and can help!

Thanks in advance for assisting me with this matter!

-Fahad

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2166504

Can you make a phone call (or use snail-mail) to whichever office in Multan it falls under?

(sorry, can't offer any better suggestions than that--especially as my own BC, where the name is spelled differently than on my ID's, was accepted easily at Montreal Consulate in 1999).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
Can you make a phone call (or use snail-mail) to whichever office in Multan it falls under?

(sorry, can't offer any better suggestions than that--especially as my own BC, where the name is spelled differently than on my ID's, was accepted easily at Montreal Consulate in 1999).

I would gladly make the phone call, but I have no clue which office to call. If someone can just let me know which office in Multan can issue an orginal birth extract, I can do the rest. I am hoping that they won't ask someone to physically appear at the office and request the birth certificate. I am just looking to obtain a document that will be accepted by NVC and the consulate at Montreal.

Even though NVC has rejected the BC for CR1, my wife told me that she received a checklist for the K3 and in there it states that a statement from the mother of the beneficiary may be substituted in lieu of the original BC. Has anyone tried that? I really don't think that will work, but just wanted to throw that out there, in case anyone has tried that already.

Thanks!

Fahad

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sometimes the Embassy/Consulate of your country can assist in getting documents from your home country .... I would contact the Pakistan Embassy in Washington DC or in Ottawa Canada to see if they can help.

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks to all who responded. I have decided to contact the municipality office and obtain it from there. One of my dad's friends has volunteered to go retrieve it from the city office.

Thanks!

Fahad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.