Tunisia216

"Tunisia : new kid on the block"

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

“Tunisia could become a sought after Mediterranean destination for international property investors” writes UK- based property portal

Tunis, August 27, 2008– “Tunisia’s new legislation allowing for the transparent freehold ownership of property by foreigners has pushed its unexplored property market into the spotlight”, writes the UK based international property portal the movechannel (www.themovechannel.com ) in an online article dubbed “Tunisia: new kid on the block”, released on August 26, 2008.

The article adds that “Due to its Mediterranean climate and new laws, Tunisia could become a sought after Mediterranean destination for international property investors. Prices are still relatively low, as the market is still emerging, and with the tourist industry booming, investing in a property especially in a popular location such as Djerba, Monastir and Hammamet could provide a solid rental return”.

dev_pic_2.jpg

The portal also notes that “historically Tunisia has preferred to focus its internal efforts on reforms to introduce political pluralism and stability, and to boost and reinforce the economy”, adding that “now its property based sector is far healthier and it has been ranked the most competitive in Africa and in the Arab world in the global competitiveness report of the World Economic Forum while the International Monetary Fund also predicts a solid GDP growth in Tunisia for the coming years”.

Themovechannel writes that Tunisia’s proximity to Europe “with daily scheduled flights to the UK”, and a likely Open Skies Agreement still under negotiation with the low cost operator “Ryanair”, should be yet another massive boost for tourism and property market potential.

“Golf tourism is another high-end area being actively developed, with five courses coming to completion across the nation’s key resorts in the coming five years”, concludes the article.

For more information about Tunisia tune in to the new series of “Uncharted Territory” on Real Estate TV (Skychannel 262 and on demand at www.realestatetv.tv on Monday October 6, at 9:30 pm , as presenter Juliet Morris and buildings surveyor Graham Barton follow two property pioneers looking to buy a holiday home in the pretty Northern Tunisian town of Ghar El Melh.

To browse a range of properties, visit www. themovechannel.com/property/Tunisia/

Hammamet :

el-mouradi-hammamet.jpg

hammamet1.jpg

Djerba

6982_el-mouradi-djerba-menzel%20showimage.php.jpg

Monastir

2718520-Monastir-Monastir.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I sure it will be! So many travel agencies in Europe have been pushing Tunis for yeras now! No more Egypt but now Tunis!Have you been to some of these places OMG paradise! Monastir and Sousse! OMG some of the best times! Evil wicked times actually! :devil:

Ye welcome New kid! I know I will *still* holidaying there ...

Here companies from KSA and Dubai are trying their *best* to open the doors here in Algeria, but it ain't happening! Algerians don't want it!!

Ye sorry have to post this:

nkotb.jpg

I sure it will be! So many travel agencies in Europe have been pushing Tunis for yeras now! No more Egypt but now Tunis!Have you been to some of these places OMG paradise! Monastir and Sousse! OMG some of the best times! Evil wicked times actually! :devil:

Here companies from KSA and Dubai are trying their *best* to open the doors here in Algeria, but it ain't happening! Algerians don't want it!!

nkotb.jpg

Ive been to Tunisia 4 times. I found it a tremendous bargain 6 years ago. This last trip last august was so disappointing. Its more expensive than the USA,overspriced and has lost alot of its charm. Sidi Bou Said was amazing in 2002. I think some parts like sousse and hammamet are all that but Tunis was the biggest waste of money. I think alot of my feelings about Tunis have to do with the fact that everytime I turned around ,someone had their hand out for a bribe and everything cost 4 5 6 times the real amount> Granted I was with an Algerian and they charged him even more. Going with a Tunisian has got to be a different experience. Taxis cost us more than the USA, food cost more than the USA and the hotels ran 100 a night where 6 years ago you could live like a king on 30 a day. They are catering alot to saudi tourism and there were alot of prostitutes in Every hotel we stayed at to the point I went to the bathroom and 2 girls walked up to my husband and sat down and started talking about their price.

I think I would have had alot more fun outside of Tunis and Solymar. They were simply ####### all around. Remember Ive been there 4 times so I ve seen the change from sleepy little tunis, to tourist trap and rip off. I think Morocco is a better value for the money... Algeria has alot more to see but it pretty dangerous right now.\\

Just my opinion

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

LOL they hate Algerians don't they! LOLOL!

But you are right ... husband's friend just came back from Tunis (they go every year) they too disappointed on how everything went up! Mind you, I went like what 8 years ago ... even thou DZ neighbours Tunis ... havn't made it out there since. Friend of mine is "home" in Le Kef ... was going to visit but not sure due to the prices! Buuut 8 years ago we had wicked fun!

But what do you except ery travel agency in Europe (if not everywhere) is pushing Tunis ... so of course they hicking up prices! Wonder how Morocco is? Not that we could go-borders closed! Maybe one day I will convince my husband to take us to Libya (LOLOL) ... not! Sahara still best holiday for us! And maybe Turkey!

LOL they hate Algerians don't they! LOLOL!

But you are right ... husband's friend just came back from Tunis (they go every year) they too disappointed on how everything went up! Mind you, I went like what 8 years ago ... even thou DZ neighbours Tunis ... havn't made it out there since. Friend of mine is "home" in Le Kef ... was going to visit but not sure due to the prices! Buuut 8 years ago we had wicked fun!

But what do you except ery travel agency in Europe (if not everywhere) is pushing Tunis ... so of course they hicking up prices! Wonder how Morocco is? Not that we could go-borders closed! Maybe one day I will convince my husband to take us to Libya (LOLOL) ... not! Sahara still best holiday for us! And maybe Turkey!

Yeah a couple of years ago the wife of the president talked ####### about Algerians and the gov of Algeria shut off the water and the gas to Tunisia in revenge and all of the sudden it was apology central . The other thing is that Tunisia was essential in the success of the algerian revolution. Without Tunis, the Algerian revolutionaries would have never been able to organize so they share lots of history. They are known as effeminate compared to Algerians in that they are real soft spoken, diplomatic and tourist based. Algeria is like a big industrial country with all kinds of action inside and Tunisia is like a tourist based disney world for the arab world....I just honestly felt real happy there 6 years ago but it really sucks now and has sold out and is just overpriced and a horrible bargain. Morocco has alot more to offer and alot more to see as far as authentic culture and terrain. I was really sad and disappointed this year and last year. Its not worth even visiting

nkotb.jpg

Ive been to Tunisia 4 times. I found it a tremendous bargain 6 years ago. This last trip last august was so disappointing. Its more expensive than the USA,overspriced and has lost alot of its charm. Sidi Bou Said was amazing in 2002. I think some parts like sousse and hammamet are all that but Tunis was the biggest waste of money. I think alot of my feelings about Tunis have to do with the fact that everytime I turned around ,someone had their hand out for a bribe and everything cost 4 5 6 times the real amount> Granted I was with an Algerian and they charged him even more. Going with a Tunisian has got to be a different experience. Taxis cost us more than the USA, food cost more than the USA and the hotels ran 100 a night where 6 years ago you could live like a king on 30 a day. They are catering alot to saudi tourism and there were alot of prostitutes in Every hotel we stayed at to the point I went to the bathroom and 2 girls walked up to my husband and sat down and started talking about their price.

I think I would have had alot more fun outside of Tunis and Solymar. They were simply ####### all around. Remember Ive been there 4 times so I ve seen the change from sleepy little tunis, to tourist trap and rip off. I think Morocco is a better value for the money... Algeria has alot more to see but it pretty dangerous right now.\\

Just my opinion

Sounds like Jordan over priced as well and targeting tourists by inflating prices unless you know locals there to haggle for you. Even then, its still getting so expensive. (prostitutes are everywhere...some countries hide them better... :whistle:) However, I'd still rather pay more money and enjoy my safety.

I think most places after people discover its beauty become tourist traps. The more the word spreads on its beauty, the more people visit, etc. An example is the pyramids in Egypt...over time its just not the same. Including the Pizza Hut across the street! WTH! LOL :wacko:

Edited by Nawal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
nkotb.jpg

Sounds like Jordan over priced as well and targeting tourists by inflating prices unless you know locals there to haggle for you. Even then, its still getting so expensive. (prostitutes are everywhere...some countries hide them better... :whistle:) However, I'd still rather pay more money and enjoy my safety.

I think most places after people discover its beauty become tourist traps. The more the word spreads on its beauty, the more people visit, etc. An example is the pyramids in Egypt...over time its just not the same. Including the Pizza Hut across the street! WTH! LOL :wacko:

ROTFL! I saw you say Jordan and then there is the above picture of the NKOTB...so I thought you were talking about Jordan Knight for a second... and believe me it reads totally differently if you think that...

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

nkotb.jpg

ROTFL! I saw you say Jordan and then there is the above picture of the NKOTB...so I thought you were talking about Jordan Knight for a second... and believe me it reads totally differently if you think that...

You know I just read that over again.... :lol:

Timeline

Oh, it gets better the more you read it! :rofl: That whole first paragraph becomes very hilarious. Sounds very "Vh1: Behind the Music", doesn't it? "What happened to Jordan Knight? Answer: gigolo!

Oh, it gets better the more you read it! :rofl: That whole first paragraph becomes very hilarious. Sounds very "Vh1: Behind the Music", doesn't it? "What happened to Jordan Knight? Answer: gigolo!

I almost spit out my soda reading over the part of "I'd rather pay more money...." LMAO!

Filed: Other Timeline

This makes me sad - hope the same thing doesn't happen to Nepal now that there is some political stability. If you can afford the initial airfare, things are so cheap that even if you are a teacher or someone on a low salary you can have a great time. Indian tourists visit in droves because it is actually cheaper than India - 100 Indian rupees = 160 NP rupees. A taxi ride costs less than subway fare in NYC and you can get a deluxe room for well under $20, especially if you are married to a Nepali.. :dance: Bhutan is actively keeping budget travelers out and insisting that you spend at least $200/day there - sure it keeps the under-25 drunken backpacker riffraff out but you also keep out teachers and other educated but low paid people who are genuinely interested in the country and have respect for the culture. You have to say something about political instability - it does keep the big tourism and property developers out. :lol:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Timeline
This makes me sad - hope the same thing doesn't happen to Nepal now that there is some political stability. If you can afford the initial airfare, things are so cheap that even if you are a teacher or someone on a low salary you can have a great time. Indian tourists visit in droves because it is actually cheaper than India - 100 Indian rupees = 160 NP rupees. A taxi ride costs less than subway fare in NYC and you can get a deluxe room for well under $20, especially if you are married to a Nepali.. :dance: Bhutan is actively keeping budget travelers out and insisting that you spend at least $200/day there - sure it keeps the under-25 drunken backpacker riffraff out but you also keep out teachers and other educated but low paid people who are genuinely interested in the country and have respect for the culture. You have to say something about political instability - it does keep the big tourism and property developers out. :lol:

Also moods of toourism works... I needed to buy tickets to Jordan just when that bombing in Amman occured recently.. in fact I was about to click the purchase button on my tickets when people started to call... after baout an hour I got to go back to buy my tickets and my search had expired so I had to do it over again. In that ammount of time, tickets dropped $600-800.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.