joliejodi

processing times at VSC going BACKWARDS???

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
There isn't much your congressman/senator can do unless you either 1) qualify for an expedite or 2) your case is outside the processing times. If either of these applies to you, they are more than willing to put in a call and see what happens, otherwise you just wait with everyone else :(

I figured as much, but the poster I quoted isnt outside the joke processing times, so thats why I was curious of the outcome. My understanding is that they will inquire into your case no matter what, but if the two above dont apply, the answer from uscis will probably be generic "processing times"

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
There are still many, many January , Feburary filers left waiting at VSC.

Paris Heart

if you go by the I-129f noa1's there arent that many.

If you go to she speadsheet and compare the I-130's and I-129's. you can see the I-129'f are pretty congruent

in receiving the NOA2...since we're referring to K-3's. If you use the I-130 noa1 tab, they-re all over the place.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p-9...Rqfdg&gid=3

Maybe its just my way of looking at things but if VSC wasnt using the I-129f NOA1 date, why'd they even bother giving one? I dont know, the numbers and the charts show.... :wacko:

Thanks for the link, you know, good people like all of us on VJ ,work, pay our taxes, leads criminal free lives, do what we are suppose to do, and still sometimes I feel like a child being punished waiting for Big Daddy VSC to do something, the waiting feels like a punishment. Maybe Im in witch mode today, but its how I feel. Thank you again for the link. Think I will go outside and fly on broom stick for a while.

Paris Heart

Ooooooh, I understand.....

Its the same thing that gets me going with the illegal immigrants....but I'm getting off topic..

Yeah, about those illegal immigrants, I was just thinking about how that slows things down the other day.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
When did you contact your congressperson and have you heard anything yet? Im seriously thinking about sending this letter I already have typed up. What harm would it do right? They will probably just say "the case is not outside the normal processing times" bla frick'n bla!

Yeah, that's pretty much what they said, and it's not the Congresswoman herself that's doing anything, but a lackey. Same in the Senator's office. But they're giving me more information than my lawyer or calling USCIS (my last email, forwarded from USCIS from said lackey, said that my case is being adjudicated and should be processed in 30 days... I'll see it when I believe it).

The only reason I think having a Senator/Congressperson look into it is because USCIS doesn't want the legislative branch of government TOO aware that they are sh*thead slackers. Or else they may actually have to do work.

Anyway.

The word adjudicated sounds like a sneeze.

Rachel Marie :)

K3 *CR-1* Journey

2002: Met and started to date, long distance the whole time!

2006: Engaged

10.2006: Contacted lawyer to begin paperwork

4.30.07: Legally Married in Ft. Myers, FL

8.25.07: Religious Ceremony in St. John's, NL

12.6.07: Paperwork filed to USCIS (after trouble w/lawyer)

1.18.08: I-129F NOA1

2.29.08: I-129F Touch

3.13.08: I-130 NOA1

3.19.08: I-130 Touch

6.30.08: I-130 Touch!

7.1.08: I-130 Touch again!

9.3.08: I-130 NOA2!!!! (And weirdly, I-129F denial. Guess I'm going CR-1 route!)

6.23.09: Package... 3? 4? I don't know, but Andrew had his interview date scheduled.

8.14.09: Interview

Filed: Timeline
There are still many, many January , Feburary filers left waiting at VSC.

Paris Heart

if you go by the I-129f noa1's there arent that many.

If you go to she speadsheet and compare the I-130's and I-129's. you can see the I-129'f are pretty congruent

in receiving the NOA2...since we're referring to K-3's. If you use the I-130 noa1 tab, they-re all over the place.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p-9...Rqfdg&gid=3

Maybe its just my way of looking at things but if VSC wasnt using the I-129f NOA1 date, why'd they even bother giving one? I dont know, the numbers and the charts show.... :wacko:

Hey,

Forgive me for being stupid, but is this spreadsheet supposed to be all inclusive of the k-1 visa applications at Vermont? Who made it? Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey,

Forgive me for being stupid, but is this spreadsheet supposed to be all inclusive of the k-1 visa applications at Vermont? Who made it? Thanks

ummm, nooo, read it at the top. it say "K-3".

As this is the K-3 forum, not the K-1 forum as this says at the top:

"K-3 Spouse Visa General Discussion"

If you want K-1 forum, go here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

Oh, and---- :time:

Edited by Birch-Beer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
When did you contact your congressperson and have you heard anything yet? Im seriously thinking about sending this letter I already have typed up. What harm would it do right? They will probably just say "the case is not outside the normal processing times" bla frick'n bla!

Yeah, that's pretty much what they said, and it's not the Congresswoman herself that's doing anything, but a lackey. Same in the Senator's office. But they're giving me more information than my lawyer or calling USCIS (my last email, forwarded from USCIS from said lackey, said that my case is being adjudicated and should be processed in 30 days... I'll see it when I believe it).

The only reason I think having a Senator/Congressperson look into it is because USCIS doesn't want the legislative branch of government TOO aware that they are sh*thead slackers. Or else they may actually have to do work.

Anyway.

The word adjudicated sounds like a sneeze.

Ya, I pictured some 20 yo intern doing the dirty work lol

But the fear of exposure to the lack of accountablilty makes them at least pick up the file right? ha! Well at least they gave you some answer :) Albiet generic

Good Luck, I hope you get a speedy approval

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.