phoenix1

K1 Visa Process and Traveling

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi,

I am wanting to buy my financee a ticket to visit and I am currently waiting on a NO2 aprovel...I have read the following page on vj saying this

Can the foreign fiancé(e) come to the U.S. for a visit during the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa process?

Yes, the foreign fiancé(e) can visit but there are no guarantees that he/she will gain entry.

It is not illegal for the foreign fiancé(e) to enter the United States during the K-1 process. However, the burden of proof is on the visitor to show that they do not intend to remain illegally. Tourist visitors to the U.S. are expected to have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the U.S. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) presumes that every alien entering the United States is an intended immigrant, unless proven otherwise. Therefore, it is vital that the visitor bring along valid proof-of-ties to their home country.

What kind of documents should the visitor bring to show intent to return to their home country?

Recommended documents to show intent to return to home country include (but are not limited to):

Return ticket.

Copy of lease/rental agreement or mortgage payments for housing.

Letter of employment indicating expected date of return.

Copy of class schedule or other pertinent documents if in school.

If arriving on an extended stay, copy of bank statement showing sufficient funds to support yourself.

If you do not appear to have the means to support yourself while in the U.S. a letter from whomever you will be staying with stating that they will be financially responsible for you during your stay.

If you are leaving a child behind in the care of someone, a letter from them stating when you are expected to return.

Copy of the K-1 application and any NOA(s) received.

With that said im just wondering does this apply for everyone or is it specific to each consualte? Is there information available on Uscis website? I will look......

Another question would be she is a student and wants to come after finishing? Im not sure what prove she would have to come back? Could that be her K1 visa application would be proof? Any suggestions or info would be great...I dont want to do anything wrong so Im asking

Timeline
Hi,

I am wanting to buy my financee a ticket to visit and I am currently waiting on a NO2 aprovel...I have read the following page on vj saying this

Can the foreign fiancé(e) come to the U.S. for a visit during the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa process?

Yes, the foreign fiancé(e) can visit but there are no guarantees that he/she will gain entry.

It is not illegal for the foreign fiancé(e) to enter the United States during the K-1 process. However, the burden of proof is on the visitor to show that they do not intend to remain illegally. Tourist visitors to the U.S. are expected to have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the U.S. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) presumes that every alien entering the United States is an intended immigrant, unless proven otherwise. Therefore, it is vital that the visitor bring along valid proof-of-ties to their home country.

What kind of documents should the visitor bring to show intent to return to their home country?

Recommended documents to show intent to return to home country include (but are not limited to):

Return ticket.

If arriving on an extended stay, copy of bank statement showing sufficient funds to support yourself.

If you do not appear to have the means to support yourself while in the U.S. a letter from whomever you will be staying with stating that they will be financially responsible for you during your stay.

If you are leaving a child behind in the care of someone, a letter from them stating when you are expected to return.

With that said im just wondering does this apply for everyone or is it specific to each consualte? Is there information available on Uscis website? I will look......Some other important information is she was her from March to july on a tourist visa......I started the NAO1 when she left..........And now here we are looking for to come here again in October........................

Another question would be she is a student and wants to come after finishing? Im not sure what prove she would have to come back? Could that be her K1 visa application would be proof? Any suggestions or info would be great...I dont want to do anything wrong so Im asking

Hi,

Return ticket.

With that said im just wondering does this apply for everyone or is it specific to each consualte? Is there information available on Uscis website? I will look......

This is for travelling to the USA from another country. I think no matter where you're from, having the above evidence is required. Even then, you're not guaranteed that you can get into the country. The evidence above is great, and I know that even in Canada we suggest, and have had people bring the above at border crossings. It's important to remember that the border officials have the discretion to allow, or no allow someone to enter the country, so even with evidence there is still a chance your fiance could be denied.

Again, being a student wouldn't exampt them from having to have evidence. Maybe more so, since they're not going back to an employ, and might not have an employment letter saying they're on vacation and are returning to work on such and such date. Again, bank statements, utilitiy statements, rent receipts.

Having a copy of the 129F petition might help in that she could show that you are both going through the legal way of having her immigrate to the US, but I wouldn't volunteer it. What might be better is the NOA1 or NOA2 from USCIS rather than the whole 129F package.

Has she a visitors visa, and prior to the sending of the petition been in the US? If so, you have an idea of what they're looking for in terms of evidence when she enters the US.

I'm sure someone else will come along with things I might have missed!

Best of luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Some other important information is she was her from March to july 4 months on a tourist visa......I started the NAO1 when she left..........And now here we are looking for to come here again in October........................So yes we are aware of the questions asked on the previous visit.....

Edited by phoenix1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Some other important information is she was her from March to july 4 months on a tourist visa......I started the NAO1 when she left..........And now here we are looking for to come here again in October........................So yes we are aware of the questions asked on the previous visit.....

I am going to visit my fiance to the US in this fall. I am just going to use visa waiver, and see what happens. I visited US many times on visa waiver but never even been asked to show employment verification or bank statement. From what I have read on this website, whether you are applying for K-1 or not doesn not even show up on a computer. so better not to mention visa stuff unless they ask you. Hopefully your fiancee will not have any problem.

I am going to visit my fiance to the US in this fall. I am just going to use visa waiver, and see what happens. I visited US many times on visa waiver but never even been asked to show employment verification or bank statement. From what I have read on this website, whether you are applying for K-1 or not doesn not even show up on a computer. so better not to mention visa stuff unless they ask you. Hopefully your fiancee will not have any problem.

Given that you haven't visited yet, why not get that employment verification letter or bank statement now? I'd hate for anyone to come thousand's of miles and then have to turn around and go back because "I visited US many times on visa waiver but never even been asked to show employment verification or bank statement."

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.