Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

G-325A, Biographic Information APPLICANT BOX..? who’s name?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filling out the 325a form that goes with the I-130 two copies are required I understand, one from each party. The question I have is when filing out my copy what do I put in the box for applicant name..? Myself of my wife’s (she is the one I am applying for an AOS for as we were married here in the U.S.A. while she was visiting from Panama) If there is a form for each of us this has me confused a bit..! In my mind she is the applicant but you never know with these kind of government forms..? Do I put my name in the box on the form I fill out and her's on the form she fills out..? Or does her name go in the box on both our forms? Any help appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

In our case we put petitioner's name on the G-325A from petitioner, and beneficiary's name on G-325A from Beneficiary.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
It just seemed odd putting my name in the applicants box!

On the I-130, you (the USC) are the applicant - you are petitioning (applying) for your wife, the beneficiary. So yes, fill out one G-325A with your name (as the applicant/Petitioner) and one G-325A for your wife (the Beneficiary).

On the I-485, your wife is the applicant, she is applying to adjust status based on your petition. Don't forget she needs to fill out another G-325A to go along with her I-485.

10-Apr-08...Filing date for I-130/AOS/EAD/AP


31-Jul-08...EAD Card received

15-Sep-08...Interview (APPROVED)

27-Sep-08...GC received

03-Aug-10...Filed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

06-Aug-10...NOA 1-yr Extension Letter


02-Dec-10...ROC approved! (Card production ordered)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.