✿Ice Rain✿

What do you do to lose or maintain weight?

93 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

Living in a place where almost all meats are frozen and using instant food is really not in me. I'm longing for fresh meat that has not been frozen, fresh vegetables. I'm missing the fresh sea foods too. :crying:

And lastly, i am missing yakult and my slimming herbal tea. Can't wait for it to arrive.

What do you do to lose or maintain your weight?

hi shape, maybe walking every morning is good or else to to gym, cant help you about food, me myself need to gain weight, that why i eat real good!!!!

one thing is eat real good food, avoid eating junks, ####### food!!!

stay sexy, i like to see woman like me sexy!!!....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
not even thinking about weight or diets... wehehehe... masyado masarap kumain eh....

I came across this article. Hope this helps!

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/why-losing-weight-is-so-hard-and-gaining-weight-is-so-easy-240502

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

dance_love_sing_live-547.jpg

Ako nman sit ups every morning pagka-gising..pero minsan nakakatamad bumangon ng maaga to do sit ups..kaya slimming tea na lng everyday night time before going to bed...Maganda yung Bio Slim,Biofit tea at Kankura.

Drinking everyday of slimming tea is not advisable, kaya dapat alternate or kahit mga every after 2 days. Nakakacolon-cancer kace ang slimming tea especially if you drink it then walang laman ang sikmura eh. I use Kancura than bio-fit.

:)

:thumbs: But I dont drink slimming tea pag wala laman sikmura ko.I'm drinking Biguerlai...effective for me.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
what is that?LOL..i do not do anything all i do is eat hahaha j/k.You know what,it would be nice if you can find a Farmer's market in your place they have good produce like fresh veggies and fruits.It tasted different from what you buy in Walmart..it is so delicious grabe!

Hey try to eat cereals and wheat foods thats what others said..it is good for your body.Do not eat too much chocolates and stay away from fast foods. hope this helps

Lol. There's a farmer's market, but one tine nagpunta aco, zucchini and other preservatives tomatoes ba naman. :blink: Lol. Umuwi na lang aco. Hehehe.

Hello,

Living in a place where almost all meats are frozen and using instant food is really not in me. I'm longing for fresh meat that has not been frozen, fresh vegetables. I'm missing the fresh sea foods too. :crying:

And lastly, i am missing yakult and my slimming herbal tea. Can't wait for it to arrive.

hi shape, maybe walking every morning is good or else to to gym, cant help you about food, me myself need to gain weight, that why i eat real good!!!!

one thing is eat real good food, avoid eating junks, ####### food!!!

stay sexy, i like to see woman like me sexy!!!....

Well, sometimes i don't eat meals but only pringles or cheeze curls. Yay. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Hello,

Hi Shape,

I have 2 years old son and I am not gaining weight.. probably a little but not a lot because I am pregnant right now..

Some people has a different types of metabolism, merong madaling matunawan meron namang matagal.. When we are getting older our metabolism is getting slow.. kaya kahit konti lang ang kain natin eh tumataba pa rin tayo..

This is what Ive been doing for the last 3years in the country where I dont really sweat that much... Dry Summer and dry winter kasi dito.. Bihira ang humidity..

1. I tried to stay away from rice..

Carbohydrates kasi make our bellies big.. kasi rice is number 1 carbohydrates.. Which is not good in a place like USA, or other countries that has no humidities.. Maganda lang ang rice kapag nasa pinas tayo, dahil nagbibigay ito ng lakas sa tin, kasi nga very humid sa pilipinas..carbohydrates is pampalakas..

2..Try to cook without sauteeing the onions and garlic.. THere is another way of cooking without sauteeing, try to experiment it how to.. Ito lang ang ginawa ko, and I also watch my husband cook in his american version of filipino foods..(paano kaya yun..??) When we just got married, when I cook something that he liked, he will say this is good, but how can we avoid the oil?. So when he cook stirfry or what we called adobo sa atin, he does not sautee the garlic and onions in vegetable oil.. Kasi nga daw may sariling oil na ang chicken and meat..

If you cant help sauteeing garlic, try to use olive oil.. this is very healthy for you and your husband..

3. Avoid sodas, sweets, and junkfoods..

4. Try to eat vegetable salad and avoid rice at night.... Iceberg/romaine lettuce, with carrots, cucumber and then just find a non fat dressing.. You can bake chicken on the side or meat para gawing ulam sa salad :innocent:

At first I do not like the taste of raw veggies, tiill I get used to it.. and felt different whenever I ate rice.. .. Nasanay kasi tayo sa rice.. and if you think about it, psychological lang ang isipin na hindi tayo mabubusog if walang rice..hindi rin pala...nasa isip lang ...Later on masasanay ka rin ng walang rice but of course hahanap hanapin mo rin minsan.. Now a days kasi, when I eat rice once in a while I feel heavy and bloated even the next day, kahit ang kasama ko sa bahay, she realized na nasa isipin lang pala natin ang habit ng pagkain ng rice..

Actually meat is not going to make you fat.. Especially in the US they have lean meat,which is purely beef, wala na minsan taba.. even sa pork nila, they take off the skin and fats.. Meat actually will give you a source of protein..

Higit sa lahat, try to keep yourself moving.. even just dancing, or any move that will make you sweat like walking, even 30 mins a day.. Kasi even the things I mentioned above, we still have to keep our body moving at all times..

Tea is good but I would rather not recommend it.. I read some medical issues about Herbal Tea (for Slimming).

Sorry ha, my post is too long.. goodluck sa iyo.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Timeline
Hello,

Hi Shape,

I have 2 years old son and I am not gaining weight.. probably a little but not a lot because I am pregnant right now..

Some people has a different types of metabolism, merong madaling matunawan meron namang matagal.. When we are getting older our metabolism is getting slow.. kaya kahit konti lang ang kain natin eh tumataba pa rin tayo..

This is what Ive been doing for the last 3years in the country where I dont really sweat that much... Dry Summer and dry winter kasi dito.. Bihira ang humidity..

Carbohydrates kasi make our bellies big.. kasi rice is number 1 carbohydrates.. Which is not good in a place like USA, or other countries that has no humidities.. Maganda lang ang rice kapag nasa pinas tayo, dahil nagbibigay ito ng lakas sa tin, kasi nga very humid sa pilipinas..carbohydrates is pampalakas..

2..Try to cook without sauteeing the onions and garlic.. THere is another way of cooking without sauteeing, try to experiment it how to.. Ito lang ang ginawa ko, and I also watch my husband cook in his american version of filipino foods..(paano kaya yun..??) When we just got married, when I cook something that he liked, he will say this is good, but how can we avoid the oil?. So when he cook stirfry or what we called adobo sa atin, he does not sautee the garlic and onions in vegetable oil.. Kasi nga daw may sariling oil na ang chicken and meat..

If you cant help sauteeing garlic, try to use olive oil.. this is very healthy for you and your husband..

4. Try to eat vegetable salad and avoid rice at night.... Iceberg/romaine lettuce, with carrots, cucumber and then just find a non fat dressing.. You can bake chicken on the side or meat para gawing ulam sa salad :innocent:

At first I do not like the taste of raw veggies, tiill I get used to it.. and felt different whenever I ate rice.. .. Nasanay kasi tayo sa rice.. and if you think about it, psychological lang ang isipin na hindi tayo mabubusog if walang rice..hindi rin pala...nasa isip lang ...Later on masasanay ka rin ng walang rice but of course hahanap hanapin mo rin minsan.. Now a days kasi, when I eat rice once in a while I feel heavy and bloated even the next day, kahit ang kasama ko sa bahay, she realized na nasa isipin lang pala natin ang habit ng pagkain ng rice..

Actually meat is not going to make you fat.. Especially in the US they have lean meat,which is purely beef, wala na minsan taba.. even sa pork nila, they take off the skin and fats.. Meat actually will give you a source of protein..

Higit sa lahat, try to keep yourself moving.. even just dancing, or any move that will make you sweat like walking, even 30 mins a day.. Kasi even the things I mentioned above, we still have to keep our body moving at all times..

Tea is good but I would rather not recommend it.. I read some medical issues about Herbal Tea (for Slimming).

Try this website if you want to learn how to cook something for your husband..

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/

You need to learn din kasi how to cook their food.. (sad to say but we have to.. based from my own marriage experience for 3 years. baka kasi magsawa sila sa pinoy recipe :)

Edited by Completely

Timeline

Hello,

Thank you. I really , really appreciate your post. Naku, mahilig pa naman aco sa rice. Pero i will try to lessen my rice na. And i hope i read your post earlier, i just bought vergetable oil, sana pala olive oil na lang binili co instead na vegetable oil. Next time, bili aco olive oil yun na gagamitin co. Thank you sa advice na yan. hehe. Sa sodas, wala naman problem kace i don't drink any types of sodas for more than a year na. About junk foods, pringles, piatoss at cheeze curls ang madalas co kainin, pero water therapy aco everyday. I drink more than 2 liters of water everyday. Sa sweets mahilig aco eh. And madalas rin aco walking sa bakuran while playing my cat or doing gardening.

I will do some of your advices especially sa olive oil. hehe.

Thanks a lot.

Shape

Hi Shape,

Timeline

Hello,

Thank you. I really , really appreciate your post. Naku, mahilig pa naman aco sa rice. Pero i will try to lessen my rice na. And i hope i read your post earlier, i just bought vergetable oil, sana pala olive oil na lang binili co instead na vegetable oil. Next time, bili aco olive oil yun na gagamitin co. Thank you sa advice na yan. hehe. Sa sodas, wala naman problem kace i don't drink any types of sodas for more than a year na. About junk foods, pringles, piatoss at cheeze curls ang madalas co kainin, pero water therapy aco everyday. I drink more than 2 liters of water everyday. Sa sweets mahilig aco eh. And madalas rin aco walking sa bakuran while playing my cat or doing gardening.

I will do some of your advices especially sa olive oil. hehe.

Thanks a lot.

Shape

You are most welcome Shape.. Iwasan mo lang ang rice.. okay lang kumain but minimize carbohydrates.. I forgot to include wheat bread din pala instead of white bread..

Have you tried this website?

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/main-dish

Try mo pag aralan ang mga food na kinakain ng hubby mo.. Alam mo one thing that we have to learn and adjust in the first year is pagkain nila.. This should be compromise, we can serve pinoy foods to them once in a while, but we can cook them something to make them special.. Mostly, some american likes waffles in breakfast or pancakes, or eggs and bacon then toast bread.. You can find simple recipe in that website I have provided above.. Like Meatloaf (imbutido sa atin, baked nga lang sa kanila..) Or you can prepare something like Pork baby back ribs and just put masterpiece barbeque sauce..then salad on the side.. Or you can do chicken like drum stick/ or skinless chicken to bake also in the oven just put masterpiece barbeque sauce..

If may tanong ka email mo lang ako. Dami ko kasi napagdaanan kasi pihikan asawa ko. (hhehehe) B)

Edited by Completely

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hip Hop Abs by Sean T.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline
Maghiking nlng kayo yan ginagawa namin. I'm not in to meats here kaya wlang ganang kumain dito. Buti nalang di ako marunong magluto kaya kumakain lang ako ng fruits..hehehe. much better than meat.

PaulJoy

:blink:No time fo hiking. Hehehe.

Timeline
Hip Hop Abs by Sean T.

Dancing? :crying:

yeah makakatulong din ang dancing

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

wahhhhhhhhhh

sayang bawal pirated... madami nabibili sa bangketa ng pirated copy ng hip hop abs.. wahahahhahahha

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

Newton's third law of motion "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks Jomay. Hainaku, mahilig aco sa rice. Hehe. Sa salt mejo umiiwas rin aco. Hindi aco mahilig sa bread, lol. Like once a week lang aco kumain ng bread or minsan hindi. Pareho kami husband co hindi mahilig kumain nang salad. ;)

HI Shape,

silly gurl you are not getting fat kala mo lang yun.. heheheh well here is what we do, i wasnt born with a slim body and all that but just to maintained or hopefully lose my weight.. we dont eat rice na.. and wag masyado sa salt(coz salt retains water) when we dine out we share nalanf kasi big servings nila dito diba? Lunch we only have sandwhich (with deli like roated beef pa cut mo na thin so you think you had more, roasted turkey) and lettuce just add a few cheese if you want or mustard.. dinner naman i sometimes cook pastas and greek salad..(leafy kaya good for the tummy.) stay away from carbonated drinks..

:D

:thumbs:

have a good one

-jomay

Iwasan din ang mga fastfood at buffet....ako naman kain ng kain kasi sobrang payatot ko....pero no sodas and as long as I can nagluluto talaga ako para hindi fastfood kahit medyo allergy yong ilong ng asawa ko sa amoy ng mga niluluto ko..di kasi sya nakain ng Filipino food...

Lol. Pilitin mo girl kahit tikim lang kamo. hehehe.

Nakupo napagod nako kakapilit....mas gusto nya mexican food...sabi ko nga sa kanya dapat nag asawa na lang sya ng mexican at hindi filipina :DD

we have the same case, my husband does'nt eat pinoy food, everytime he ask me what food I have, I told him " Sinigang". :dance:

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.