1 teaspoon sugar

2 fl oz of warm water

1.5 teaspoon salt

6 fl oz warm milk

1 lightly beaten egg

3 cups white flour

4 oz melted butter

Directions

1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, then add in the milk, salt and egg while stirring.
  2. Pour half of the flour and stir. Then slowly add flour to the mixture until it becomes stiff. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth. In a clean bowl, add oil and roll the dough in it until coated.
  3. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour. Cut the dough into 10 pieces and roll each piece out. Brush each rolled piece of dough with melted butter and fold it in half. Brush dough with more butter on and fold it again.
  4. Place the folded dough pieces on a well-greased cookie sheet and pre heat the oven to 425 degrees and place a pan filled with water on the bottom rack.
  5. Bake the coco bread for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

I am def gonna try this. I love cocobread, but they dont sell it around here. Now I just need to figure out where to get yeast from. Where they sell that. :blush:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think you could find yeast at any grocery store. Check in the baking supplies area, around the baking powder, flour, sugar and those types of things. I know I have bought it at our local store before and I have seen it numerous places. It is one of those things you probably don't pay attention to til you need it and lo and behold there it is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ja...Girl u got it going on!! If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, u must have had the boys beating at your door LOL

ur hubby better be glad his metabolism is high cuz all this cooking sounds like u AND your family be doing would have me big as a house!!

you feel me! My waistband is getting tighter and tighter from just reading these. :star:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Coco Bread

Ingredients

2 packets of yeast

1 teaspoon sugar

2 fl oz of warm water

1.5 teaspoon salt

6 fl oz warm milk

1 lightly beaten egg

3 cups white flour

4 oz melted butter

Directions

1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, then add in the milk, salt and egg while stirring.
  2. Pour half of the flour and stir. Then slowly add flour to the mixture until it becomes stiff. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth. In a clean bowl, add oil and roll the dough in it until coated.
  3. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour. Cut the dough into 10 pieces and roll each piece out. Brush each rolled piece of dough with melted butter and fold it in half. Brush dough with more butter on and fold it again.
  4. Place the folded dough pieces on a well-greased cookie sheet and pre heat the oven to 425 degrees and place a pan filled with water on the bottom rack.

I am def gonna try this. I love cocobread, but they dont sell it around here. Now I just need to figure out where to get yeast from. Where they sell that. :blush:

in any grocery store some are in the cold section by the cheese and stuff in a packet resembling oodles of noodles seasonin packet or on shelf in the baking section

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone have a receipe for BUN'up pizza...let me give Sunnyja a call.

hahahahahhahahaha

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline
Coco Bread

Ingredients

2 packets of yeast

1 teaspoon sugar

2 fl oz of warm water

1.5 teaspoon salt

6 fl oz warm milk

1 lightly beaten egg

3 cups white flour

4 oz melted butter

Directions

Making cocobread is not an easy task. My dad sad it took him years to get it right. His dad use to make it all the time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline
Anyone have a receipe for BUN'up pizza...let me give Sunnyja a call.

hahahahahhahahaha

1186165711_74761c0cc7.jpg

OMG... :rofl: ...OMG :rofl: ........Sus, you've made my day. That is so FUNnYYYYYYYYY. You know when Sunny sees this she's going to TUMP mi dung. :rofl::crying::rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

OXTAIL RECIPE

INGREDIENTS:

Serves: 4

2 lbs. (1 kg.) oxtail

1/4 cup oil

5 cups water

2 tomatoes, chopped

2 onions, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

1 sprig thyme

3 slices hot pepper

2 cans of broad beans

Salt

Brown oxtail in oil. Add 4 cups of water and boil until tender. Add water if necessary. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic, thyme and hot pepper and salt. Stir for a few minutes. Let simmer until thick. Add remaining water and broad beans. Lower heat, cover and simmer again for 10 minutes.

Best served with rice and peas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since I know your on your way here Honey here's a good link for crockpot recipes.

Crockpot Recipes:

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone here from Belize? I went on a trip there once and there was something delicious that was kind of like a solid corn tamale. Does anyone know what it's called and how to make it?

One of these, maybe?

Panades are corn turnovers stuffed with meat, beans, or fish, deep fried and garnished with cabbage. Garnaches are fried corn tortillas, like nacho chips but round and the size of small pancakes, with beans, cabbage, and cheese piled up on them. Another favorite is salbutes, flat, round circles of fried corn masa (the dough used to make corn tortilla) with stacks of stewed chicken and cabbage with tomatoes and cilantro on top. You can also ask for them with beans.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
One of these, maybe?

Panades are corn turnovers stuffed with meat, beans, or fish, deep fried and garnished with cabbage. Garnaches are fried corn tortillas, like nacho chips but round and the size of small pancakes, with beans, cabbage, and cheese piled up on them. Another favorite is salbutes, flat, round circles of fried corn masa (the dough used to make corn tortilla) with stacks of stewed chicken and cabbage with tomatoes and cilantro on top. You can also ask for them with beans.

No, it wasn't any of those. You know Hormel beef tamales? It was the size and shape of one of those only it didn't have any kind of filling inside. It was just made completely out of that outer portion stuff.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.