cjthel

Going for another application support center

8 posts in this topic

We've just recently moved between the period that we submitted our AOS application & receiving the Biometrics appointment. The officer who answered our query with the USCIS tool free# 1-800-375-5283 said that we can just bring the I797C Notice of Action for biometrics appointment to the nearest application support center and we can have the necessary biometrics procedure done there. Has anyone been through this road? We're going to be travelling for almost two hours to get there and I'm afraid they might say that they can't process it there. Need your help.... :crying:

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We've just recently moved between the period that we submitted our AOS application & receiving the Biometrics appointment. The officer who answered our query with the USCIS tool free# 1-800-375-5283 said that we can just bring the I797C Notice of Action for biometrics appointment to the nearest application support center and we can have the necessary biometrics procedure done there. Has anyone been through this road? We're going to be travelling for almost two hours to get there and I'm afraid they might say that they can't process it there. Need your help.... :crying:

Hi there! It's really better to go the office that was specified on your biometrics appointment letter, but you can also do the biometrics onthe nearest office from you, just explain your situation to them and bring your I-797C NOA for biometrics, your passport (or any form of id from your state) and bring your marriage certificate incase. Good luck

And aside from that you need to inform USCIS that you have had CHANGE OF ADDRESS you need to call USCIS customer service :thumbs:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Hi there! It's really better to go the office that was specified on your biometrics appointment letter, but you can also do the biometrics onthe nearest office from you, just explain your situation to them and bring your I-797C NOA for biometrics, your passport (or any form of id from your state) and bring your marriage certificate incase. Good luck

thanks for the immediate reply! I wish we could go the office per biometrics NOA but we're in a diff state now and it's going to be more than 10 hrs travel from where we are right now.... Hopefully someone who's been into this not so ordinary situation will give some guidance...

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Best to be sure of what you do here. You may need to be sure the nearest station will take you without an appointment. There is a telephone number on your letter of appointment...use it. My wife was asked for an official ID of some kind showing her married name, but was finally excused from that requirement. The marriage license is absolutely necessary along with her passport.

• 1 month later...
this is kind of delayed addendum, but just want to let you know guys that we went to the nearest field application office which was in Cleveland, OH though our notice was for St Paul, MN... luckily nobody was there on a Wednesday at 3pm so even if the kids didn't had their biometrics appointment letter, the people in charge took time to check their "system" to validate if the kids have the same sched as I do and printed a copy of their letters... so all in all it was a breeze to have that taken cared of...

.png

Some ASC wont take your Bio unless you have an Appointment.

that is so true, I had my appointment letter though, and following the advice from the 2nd level officer that I spoke with the USCIS toll free which is to bring the kids with me and inform them of the situation... plus the fact that the office wasn't really busy (we were the only ones there) really helped a lot... thanks God!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.