iteachkids81

Canadian Tattoos?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone here has (or has plans to get) a tattoo with the Canada Flag or with some sort of combination of a Canadian Symbol and American Symbol?

For a long time now I have wanted to get a joint Can-Us flag tattoo and I just decided for sure where to get it (my calf) and when (in Nov, before I leave for the US)

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

one of the VJ members had a real flag that was a combination of the Canadian flag and the US flag.. I can't remember who that was though...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is mine...

hope the attachment works.

Rena

post-43886-1219530623_thumb.jpg

Our Journey

6 June 2008- Mailed I130 to Toronto (DCF)

7 Nov 2008- I130 approved in Toronto!!

21 Nov 2008- Received Packet 3 from Montreal

4 Jan 2009- Mailed Packet back

9 Feb 2009- Medical in Toronto

24 Apr 2009- Interview in Montreal...Approved!!!

30 Apr 2009- Received Visa... few hours later crossed to border for the 6 day drive to Utah!!

6 Apr 2009- Arrived at our new HOME!!

13 May 2009- Welcome letter received

19 May 2009- Went to social security office and "applied" for SSN

22 May 2009- SS Card arrived in mail!! (I guess they did send in the paperwork at the interview...)

???????<<<<waiting for GC>>>>>>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Here is mine...

hope the attachment works.

Rena

wow! that is cool. much different than I was thinking but it sure simplifies the idea.

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have the Cdn flag, nothing special, rather boring,lol it has faded a great deal. i got it in Winnipeg in 1993 prior to heading over to Croatia for U.N. Peacekeeping. My wife has thought about getting a maple leaf on her ankle.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
one of the VJ members had a real flag that was a combination of the Canadian flag and the US flag.. I can't remember who that was though...

this is kind of what I was talking about..

US_Canada_Flag_1.jpg

it is kind of funny when I was searching for this I came upon a site where someone is protesting this flag.. he thinks it is offensive... and a lot of Canadians agreed with him..

http://www.ourheritage.net/rant/canada_day_flag.html

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I dont belive the two flags should be put together. The flag of a country is a very proud symbol, which many men and women of that nation have died for. Yes they are both great countries, but each country stands for different things!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sorry no American aspect - just Canadiana

Very nice. I have thought if I was ever going to do something Canadian- it would be a Maple leaf outline with multi colors. I have a large Fleur de Lis on my shoulder like that.

As far as something American- perhaps after I get Citizenship. I haven't though too much about it yet.

Timeline
Very nice. I have thought if I was ever going to do something Canadian- it would be a Maple leaf outline with multi colors. I have a large Fleur de Lis on my shoulder like that.

As far as something American- perhaps after I get Citizenship. I haven't though too much about it yet.

I want another one too - but I'm with you on waiting for citizenship. I want something regional too - for the NWT - I was thinking an inukshuk or something. Love the Fleur de Lis - its such a lovely design!

Timeline

I want another one too - but I'm with you on waiting for citizenship. I want something regional too - for the NWT - I was thinking an inukshuk or something. Love the Fleur de Lis - its such a lovely design!

Are you from NWT?

Timeline
Are you from NWT?

Yup - that's my home. :luv:

Home is north of the 60th - Hay River, NT to be exact. Too many horse flies and mosquitos through

Timeline
Are you from NWT?

Home is north of the 60th - Hay River, NT to be exact. Too many horse flies and mosquitos through

Cool. Is your family still there?

How long have you been in Edmonton?

Timeline
Are you from NWT?

Cool. Is your family still there?

How long have you been in Edmonton?

My dad's entire family still lives there. We go up 1-2x/year. I've lived in Alberta for nearly 20 years (10 of which in Edmonton).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.