ShallowShrek

what is up with the uscis date not updating?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
why did they not update the august dates. they still have july on and its already august 20th

Seems ironic as the USCIS, your congressman, that ombudsman all go on these processing dates as posted on the internet. While our N-400 receipt notice said would be nine months to our processing date that site posted more like 15 months, but the actual processing took 3 1/2 months. Was just the opposite for the I-751 where according to their site, that application should have been processed 7 months ago and we were still waiting.

I sincerely believe they are using a pseudo-random generator to come up with those dates, but you are helpless to do anything until your application date is at least a month prior to the posted date. We were lucky enough to get our receipt date posted, but has never changed, the Department of State is the same way.

And you want to know why? Even if they did update the dates, won't even be in the ballpark, can only assume someone isn't doing their job. We would be better off if they dumped that site as whatever it says, is law.

why did they not update the august dates. they still have july on and its already august 20th

because they dont know how to use computers

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

because they dont know how to use computers

there is an update already in USCIS web . Added couple days ago, here you go.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Filed: Timeline

Seems ironic as the USCIS, your congressman, that ombudsman all go on these processing dates as posted on the internet. While our N-400 receipt notice said would be nine months to our processing date that site posted more like 15 months, but the actual processing took 3 1/2 months. Was just the opposite for the I-751 where according to their site, that application should have been processed 7 months ago and we were still waiting.

I sincerely believe they are using a pseudo-random generator to come up with those dates, but you are helpless to do anything until your application date is at least a month prior to the posted date. We were lucky enough to get our receipt date posted, but has never changed, the Department of State is the same way.

And you want to know why? Even if they did update the dates, won't even be in the ballpark, can only assume someone isn't doing their job. We would be better off if they dumped that site as whatever it says, is law.

thats not nice they should update we are all waiting.

:devil: THEY ONLY UPDATED THE N400 APPLICATION LIST.WHERE THE K1 VISA LIST?LAST 1 STILL DATED JULY 15,2008.ITS NOW AUGUST 20 AND STILL WAITING

I'm sure there will be more reasons, but I can think following reasons.

1) USCIS decided to focus on putting more resources to process the cases than case record tracking/update.

If it is processed in Service Center, they could train people and have dedicated team to update the record.

But N400 case is mostly processed from District Office, and it may not be realistic to give access to all people, manage the access control for system access, and/or train them for consistency data update.

2) USCIS posted processing time is estimated processing time based on average. Since every cases are unique, posted processing time may not be applied to anyone. Average can be meaning-less depending on assumption you use. Some people takes a couple of years because of FBI namecheck. Some people may delay the process for not providing required information. Depending on the USCIS's load and resource allocation, actual processing speed can be changed from day to day. Right now USCIS is keep pushing N400 processing faster. I don't know whether it is because of election, or it is because they want to keep their promise to keep N400 processing time less than 6 months. My gut tells me it may be former. But you never know.

Personally I prefer processing faster w/o update to processing slower w/ update.

But that preference may be differ from person to person.

At least, I know it's not working, so I don't care.

What I care is how fast they could process my case.

Timeline

In any industry I have worked in, weekly progress reports were required, here we are dealing with monthly. Would take on guy to compile these and update the site in about two hours, well maybe six hours for a government worker.

Nevertheless, if they can't keep them updated, should no longer use them as the de facto standard as to whether one can inquire about their case status. Was really a mess with the I-751, glad that is now history. The I-751 does have a time limit to remain here legally, the N-400 does not, well at least about ten years for most of us.

In any industry I have worked in, weekly progress reports were required, here we are dealing with monthly. Would take on guy to compile these and update the site in about two hours, well maybe six hours for a government worker.

Nevertheless, if they can't keep them updated, should no longer use them as the de facto standard as to whether one can inquire about their case status. Was really a mess with the I-751, glad that is now history. The I-751 does have a time limit to remain here legally, the N-400 does not, well at least about ten years for most of us.

I think Service Center is updating the case status with CRIS system, but N400 is handled by District Office in most time.

So for N400, CRIS is pretty much useless.

But for other type of applications, it provides good way to track it .

I called today, and they said they were working really hard on all our files and had no time to update the site :jest:

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

I called today, and they said they were working really hard on all our files and had no time to update the site :jest:

that is not possible. people who are working on our case are different people. the ones who update are the engineers who do this sort of thing of updating.

that is not possible. people who are working on our case are different people. the ones who update are the engineers who do this sort of thing of updating.

One more clarification.

Working people for N400 is located in District Office.

Updating people for CRIS system is located in Service Center or some hidden location.

So working people in District Office doesn't want to bother/spend time to communicate "updating people", and they rather spend the case processing for their available resources.

Timeline

One more clarification.

Updating people for CRIS system is located in Service Center or some hidden location.

So working people in District Office doesn't want to bother/spend time to communicate "updating people", and they rather spend the case processing for their available resources.

I am still suffering from the I-751 blues with that crazy Jul 05, 2006 date at Nebraska when time was running out. Senator was helpless, but took a lot of insistence on my part for him to pursue. Found out case was moved from Nebraska to California in September of 2007 while for months was looking at Nebraska. No e-mail, no nothing about this transfer. Since CA was processing cases in Oct 2007, far after our case date, they could make an inquiry, and that is about all they can do, is to make an inquiry. But just one step higher than what we can do, worthless to call the USCIS, well we are processing I-751's in July of 2006 so you just have to wait, well our one year extension is running out? Just wait until two weeks before it runs our and make an infopass appointment. Another day of lost pay with a 14 hour trip.

We can speculate all we want about the why the online case status is not only inaccurate, but very slow to update, for the 15th of the month, lucky to see an update at the 30th. But it's the guidelines everyone has to go by and it's crazy.

One more clarification.

I am still suffering from the I-751 blues with that crazy Jul 05, 2006 date at Nebraska when time was running out. Senator was helpless, but took a lot of insistence on my part for him to pursue. Found out case was moved from Nebraska to California in September of 2007 while for months was looking at Nebraska. No e-mail, no nothing about this transfer. Since CA was processing cases in Oct 2007, far after our case date, they could make an inquiry, and that is about all they can do, is to make an inquiry. But just one step higher than what we can do, worthless to call the USCIS, well we are processing I-751's in July of 2006 so you just have to wait, well our one year extension is running out? Just wait until two weeks before it runs our and make an infopass appointment. Another day of lost pay with a 14 hour trip.

We can speculate all we want about the why the online case status is not only inaccurate, but very slow to update, for the 15th of the month, lucky to see an update at the 30th. But it's the guidelines everyone has to go by and it's crazy.

Guys...I was just kidding around. See my happy little jester.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

One more clarification.

Guys...I was just kidding around. See my happy little jester.

lol we thought you were for real since it did sound like something stupid the uscis would actually go and say lol

Edited by ShallowShrek

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.