• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok this thread is being Boo Yah'd. Time to abandon ship.

like a rat?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Or we can ignore. This is what happens when you don't ignore:

raiders.jpg

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeah this jerk joker doesn't really do anything else does he.

Unlike yourself of course. Who apparently always sticks to discussing the thread and never rebuts anybody else's post and views.

I'm sorry - what are your views here?

You seem to have forgotten to provide any.

Your the man bro..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I am simply following the well establish #6 OT forum posting etiquette.

Good to see for once you are actually discussing the thread topic and not trying to rebut somebody's post.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
All I can say is that Devon Ave here in Chicago boasts an Indian, Pakistani, and Afghani community nicely integrated. Food options abound and as far as I know there is very little tension spilt over from the home territories' old conflicts.

Yeap that's how it is in NJ too.

I still haven't been to any indian restaurants in NJ outside of that Raagini place on Route 22 (the dinner menu is extremely pricey) and a small place off one of the main avenues in Manhattan.

Indian/Pakistani food is the equivalent of Mexican food in the UK. There are restaurants all over the place.

I like Mexican BTW... but it just doesn't do it for me the way a good curry could.

I doubt you'll find a UK-style Indian joint around here.

The Indian food in the greater NYC area tends to be more authentic. I've been told that in the UK it's changed a lot over the last few decades, since the "Indian experience" there is much older.

I heard the Indian food in the UK has gotten a lot fattier over the years. Maybe its from seeing that show You are what you eat. The curries I've had here in Chicago are amazing and don't make me feel like a bloated sack of gas.

I think its also that the Indian restaurants try to cater for the western audience, which has basically b*stardised their cuisine.

There were some concerns a few years ago not just about the fat levels but the amount of food coloring that is added to some curries to make them look more visually appealing. Once you get into concentrations 500% - 1000% over what's recommended by the Food Standards Agency, there's a risk of carcinogenic effects.

I am simply following the well establish #6 OT forum posting etiquette.

Good to see for once you are actually discussing the thread topic and not trying to rebut somebody's post.

You seriously need to grow up.

It's true, and it happened to Chinese cuisine in the UK too. Chinese restaurant food is so much sweeter and the meat to veg/starch ratio is way off too.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
All I can say is that Devon Ave here in Chicago boasts an Indian, Pakistani, and Afghani community nicely integrated. Food options abound and as far as I know there is very little tension spilt over from the home territories' old conflicts.

I still haven't been to any indian restaurants in NJ outside of that Raagini place on Route 22 (the dinner menu is extremely pricey) and a small place off one of the main avenues in Manhattan.

Indian/Pakistani food is the equivalent of Mexican food in the UK. There are restaurants all over the place.

I like Mexican BTW... but it just doesn't do it for me the way a good curry could.

The Indian food in the greater NYC area tends to be more authentic. I've been told that in the UK it's changed a lot over the last few decades, since the "Indian experience" there is much older.

I heard the Indian food in the UK has gotten a lot fattier over the years. Maybe its from seeing that show You are what you eat. The curries I've had here in Chicago are amazing and don't make me feel like a bloated sack of gas.

I think its also that the Indian restaurants try to cater for the western audience, which has basically b*stardised their cuisine.

There were some concerns a few years ago not just about the fat levels but the amount of food coloring that is added to some curries to make them look more visually appealing. Once you get into concentrations 500% - 1000% over what's recommended by the Food Standards Agency, there's a risk of carcinogenic effects.

Yikes!

That's one interesting thread discussion there.

So the bottom line would be to cook some of that on your own I presume? Or find more healthy-oriented establishments. After all, your taste buds only need so much to tell your brain that a food item tastes like the real thing.

Kind of like the taste of curried rat. What would that be like?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Man_tearing_his_hair_out.gif

what are you still doing here? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Yikes!

So the bottom line would be to cook some of that on your own I presume? Or find more healthy-oriented establishments. After all, your taste buds only need so much to tell your brain that a food item tastes like the real thing.

I think it was more that there was just no need for those colorings because it doesn't affect the taste and reputable indian restaurants won't do it.

That said we have our share of bad curry places. The worst I ever heard about was one on the fly-on-the-wall show about the Environmental Health Department.

This one place was basically recycling pieces of meat that customers had left over from their sit-down meals, washing it off and putting into other customer's takeaways.

Timeline

Yikes!

I think it was more that there was just no need for those colorings because it doesn't affect the taste and reputable indian restaurants won't do it.

That said we have our share of bad curry places. The worst I ever heard about was one on the fly-on-the-wall show about the Environmental Health Department.

This one place was basically recycling pieces of meat that customers had left over from their sit-down meals, washing it off and putting into other customer's takeaways.

Hey they do that at many places like TGIFs and Chilis. ;)