anka

Address change, I129F, and circumstance

2 posts in this topic

Hi people! I really need some advice and knowledge from you helpful lot! :blush:

I sent in our I-129F on May 30, 2008 to Vermont (VCS) and USCIS sent out NOA1 June 5, 2008. Currently, we are still waiting for the NOA2... However, I suddenly had to move (end of last month/moved in beginning of August-frankly, I'm still moving!). Now, I know I am supposed to let USCIS know if I move "immediately" but I am so worried that by doing so it will greatly slow down our case process... will it? I moved only about 15-20 minutes away from my old place in Maryland, however, I now am living in Virginia (god help me!). But I am still registered with my old address (license, car tags, insurance info, health, mobile, etc. have not been changed to my new address), am still -and plan to- remain a resident of Maryland, and I am able to keep receiving mail from that address which USCIS has me down as where I live.

So, that all said, how important is it for me to tell USCIS about this? For them, is it a matter of how to best access my legal records and so forth, or is it simply just to know where to send any mail to? Or is it a whole other slew of things (which I wouldn't be surprised about)? Since I have not "officially" changed my address yet and for now plan to keep receiving mail at the old address, and to remain a Maryland resident, should I bother notifying them? And, lastly, if I must notify them, how much will in doing so hinder our waiting period?

Thanks so much! And good luck to everyone!

:star::star::star:

(L)

P.S. I should probably mention that I co-own the place where I am living now... so complicated...

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It will not slow down the processing, My Fiance is currently living in Maryland and had to change his adress with USCIS after filing as he moved, it was easy and quickly done, and he recieved an email a week later confirming his change.

I believe all USCIS want is somewhere to send mail to, my Fiance used his parents house at first (as he had alot of things registerd to that house) .

I dont think you 'HAVE' to change your adress, if you are still recieving mail at the old house, just make sure you dont get your mail forwarded from your own house to another, my love had that happening and USCIS dont forward mail, it just gets returned.

It didnt add time to our case.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.