S&D

How do we get to talk to a representative at USCIS??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Our case has been pending since this March.

My fiance tried to call USCIS but it would not tell him how to get to speak with a representative.

the numbers that he called are as follows; (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833

I have heard that many people at VJs talking about their experiences of talking with the USCIS representatives on the phone

and I really need to know how my fiance can get to speak with an acutual representative, not just answering machines...

USCIS makes the customer service so complicated and tricky.

Is there a certain way or number to press in order to get connected to a representative???

I know speaking with a representative probably will not result in NOA2 or any change but my fiance and I

feel like we just have to do something....enough for sitting and trying to keep the faith and believing in USCIS.

Please someone give us some advice. We are so desperate....

Thanks

Edited by S&D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiance tried to call USCIS but it would not tell him how to get to speak with a representative.

I have heard that many people at VJs talking about their experiences of talking with the USCIS representatives on the phone

and I really need to know how my fiance can get to speak with an acutual representative, not just answering machines...

Is there a certain way or number to press in order to get connected to a representative???

I know speaking with a representative probably will not result in NOA2 or any change but my fiance and I

feel like we just have to do something....enough for sitting and trying to keep the faith and believing in USCIS.

Thanks

i know what ur feeling it is very difficult.......i would wait until at least the 6 months has passed........then try to call them......its just a suggestion and believe u me i do know what waiting is with no word from them

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

Dial this # 1800-375-5283 when you hear the voice prompt press 1 then 2 then 4 then 0

GOOD luck and GOD BLESS.

You're approval is just around the corner!Keep the faith!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was once able to talk to someone to ask general questions (not regarding a specific case), but I had to browse around the automated system. You pretty much have to go down a path which would require you to speak to a representative. For example, something along the lines of "you don't know your case number, but filed" then the system has to connect you to someone to help figure out what your status is.

Unfortunately, usually that someone can only look up the status of your petition. Looking at your timeline, you are at 4 months and 2 weeks from your NOA1. I would guess that the rep will not be able to do anything but advise you to keep waiting and not call back until later. It's not uncommon for many cases to take 5 or more months between NOA1 and NOA2.

I know it's difficult. It took 9 months total between filing and actually seeing my wife enter the US. Just hang in there!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was once able to talk to someone to ask general questions (not regarding a specific case), but I had to browse around the automated system. You pretty much have to go down a path which would require you to speak to a representative. For example, something along the lines of "you don't know your case number, but filed" then the system has to connect you to someone to help figure out what your status is.

Unfortunately, usually that someone can only look up the status of your petition. Looking at your timeline, you are at 4 months and 2 weeks from your NOA1. I would guess that the rep will not be able to do anything but advise you to keep waiting and not call back until later. It's not uncommon for many cases to take 5 or more months between NOA1 and NOA2.

I know it's difficult. It took 9 months total between filing and actually seeing my wife enter the US. Just hang in there!

Unless your case is already out of the processing time of USCIS, their rep cant give you much info.

Just be patient..We got our approval nearly 8 months from filing our I-129F.

You're almost there...Just hang on.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

8 months was very common for last fall petitions through CSC. Vermont is taking 3-4 months on average at the most....even processing some May filers yet there are a handful of March and some of us April still waiting.

It used to be the disparity between the two centers that made everyone crazy (VSC being so much faster... now it's the disparity at the same centers). I feel like monkey's are running this process.

I agree that whomever answers the phone isn't going to give you much but I know how you're feeling. Try the RFE trick.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi, guys, thank you so much for the comments!!!

My fiance got to talk to a representative yesterday, but she was just reading the manual to him and only

made him upset. She sounded quite rude too, which was all predicted before we called.

BUT, WE JUST GOT APPROVED right after we called.

We called USCIS from Japan and my fiance and I got in fight because we were so frustrated about not finding a way out of this

and we just woke up and found the email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure this is simply nothing but a sheer coincidence because all the representative said was

what is written in her manual and things that you can read on UCISI website.....

I have waited for this for about 5 months....Most of the March filers got approved in June/July so

it was really hard.......

Let me thank you guys for sharing your experiences with me because last night I really felt like low and

scared to think that our case was skipped and left unnoticed but it cheered me up to read somone else's experiences.

God's girl, pressing "0" was what we didn't know and it actually transfer my fiance to a representative!! thanks!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.