shes

after getting married in the U.S. when can i go back to the PI?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! just want to know, after me and my love get married in the U.S. when can i re-visit the PI? i know there are some process for that like the AOS, then receiving the greencard..( im not rili familiar with that yet, soon il know) but yes, i know that someone whos under K1 petition, once approved it can go to the u.s. to get married within 90 days from the date of arrival and is not allowed yet for some time to fly anywhere.

is my understanding correct?

so yes, my question - when can i re-visit the PI after our wedding :unsure:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I think you can go back after seeking permit from the immigration. I just don't know what form it's but my friend who got k1 visa able to travel back here after 1year.

Edited by marea

2007-09-19: Marriage

2007-12-31: I-130 Sent

2008-02-14: I-130 NOA1

2008-02-28: I-129F Sent

2008-03-07: I-129F NOA1

2008-05-06: I-130 & I-129F NOA2

2008-06-25: Interview Approved (Conditional)

2008-07-08: Forward Additional Doc

2008-07-15: VISA Received (2yrs Validity)

2008-09-03: Flight to Cincinnati, Ohio; POE SFO

2008-09-06: Travel back to Chicago with my hubby

2008-09-29: Mailed I765 (EAD)

2008-10-07: NOA for EAD

2008-12-12: Received EAD Biometrics Appointment

2008-12-19: Biomentrics Appointment

2008-12-29: Ordered EAD Card

2008-12-31: EAD Approval

2009-11-26: Submit AOS

2010-03-30: Permanet Resident 10yrs GC

2010-04-15: Update status with SS

2010-04-22: Received new SS Card

Timeline
Hi I think you can go back after seeking permit from the immigration. I just don't know what form it's but my friend who got k1 visa able to travel back here after 1year.

whoa! a year! that long? ive been reviewing some of the timelines of the K1 filers here and from the time of filing aos, it took them like 6-7mos to receive the green card.

im wondering along that process of filing the aos, can i be permitted to re-visit the PI?

i hope someone can inform me when a beneficiary under K1 can come back to the PI.

Edited by shes

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

whoa! a year! that long? ive been reviewing some of the timelines of the K1 filers here and from the time of filing aos, it took them like 6-7mos to receive the green card.

im wondering along that process of filing the aos, can i be permitted to re-visit the PI?

i hope someone can inform me when a beneficiary under K1 can come back to the PI.

As i read your timeline, you're still in PI but you're already planning to go back? Whew!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

After you get marriage certificate you can apply for AOS, EAD [Employment Authorization Document and AP. When you get AP [Advance Parole] or the GC [Green Card] you can leave and enter the US any time you want.

Takes about 2 or 3 months to get AP. GC can vary from 2 months to who knows how long.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
After you get marriage certificate you can apply for AOS, EAD [Employment Authorization Document and AP. When you get AP [Advance Parole] or the GC [Green Card] you can leave and enter the US any time you want.

Takes about 2 or 3 months to get AP. GC can vary from 2 months to who knows how long.

to expand:

I-131, Application for Travel Document [uSCIS Instructions]: This form is used to apply for a Travel Document, reentry permit, refugee travel document or advance parole. (if you want to leave the country before you are granted permanent residency)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...adjustmentforms

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

As i read your timeline, you're still in PI but you're already planning to go back? Whew!!!

That's not too strange... I'm still in the UK but like knowing that as soon as I have the money and AP, I can go and visit my family and friends. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi! just want to know, after me and my love get married in the U.S. when can i re-visit the PI? i know there are some process for that like the AOS, then receiving the greencard..( im not rili familiar with that yet, soon il know) but yes, i know that someone whos under K1 petition, once approved it can go to the u.s. to get married within 90 days from the date of arrival and is not allowed yet for some time to fly anywhere.

shes, im still here in the philippines but ive been doing a little research about that too.. because we need to go back next year for the church wedding.

as soon as you get married, apply AOS with EAD and AP (Advanced Parole/ permit to travel) if you plan to go back and you think the greencard wont be ready by that time yet. The AP gets approved earlier than AOS, usually just a few months. as for me, i'll apply for AP because there's no assurance how long the AOS can take...just to be super super sure that i'll be here during my wedding. hehe.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

People always ask... When can I leave... the answer is you can leave whenever you want....

The real question is when can you return.

For a K-1 it is simple. When you have either approved Advance Parole (I-131) or greencard (I-485) IN YOUR HANDS. Moral of the story: Do not leave your new home without it.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

People always ask... When can I leave... the answer is you can leave whenever you want....

The real question is when can you return.

For a K-1 it is simple. When you have either approved Advance Parole (I-131) or greencard (I-485) IN YOUR HANDS. Moral of the story: Do not leave your new home without it.

:thumbs:

k3 and cr1 are different knowing they can go back right away (multiple enrty for k3 [base on my friend's case] and GC right away for cr1)... as for the k1, you have to file for the aos (important) and or advance parole if you really need to go home that soon... for as long as you have the GC already or even AP, then anytime you can leave the US and can return back w/ out any problem... i got my gc last yr of july and visit my family by nov. of last yr also...

key: after u get married, apply the aos right away to speed things up! God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

As soon as you have either permit to travel or your GC. :thumbs: Like what fwaguy have said, you can re-visit the Philippines anytime... but without AP or GC, you cannot enter the US again.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

hi guys thanks for the info. yes i am doing an advance research on that cus me and my fiance are planning to come back here in PI also to have a small wedding for my relatives here in PI and also im planning to have a surgery as well. now its clear to me that i have to apply AOS with EAD and AP (basing on gabriela's suggestion)

correct me if im wrong...

do you have idea guys how long do they approve this? are the AOS with EAD and AP really has to be all in one filing?

i guess im starting to learn new things with regards to our K1 journey.

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

As soon as you have either permit to travel or your GC. :thumbs: Like what fwaguy have said, you can re-visit the Philippines anytime... but without AP or GC, you cannot enter the US again.

hello there DAvid-Mae! so its a choice between having an AP or GC?

how do we apply AP or GC? and how long would that take for me to have an approved AP or either the GC from the time i filed for it?

if theres a link where i can review this manner could you pls share? :unsure:

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys thanks for the info. yes i am doing an advance research on that cus me and my fiance are planning to come back here in PI also to have a small wedding for my relatives here in PI and also im planning to have a surgery as well. now its clear to me that i have to apply AOS with EAD and AP (basing on gabriela's suggestion)

do you have idea guys how long do they approve this? are the AOS with EAD and AP really has to be all in one filing?

Good news....

There's a reason why K1 is soooo much faster to process than CR1 visas (About 6 to 9 months faster in general). And that reason is because there's almost no processing involved with K1. Much of the processing happens when the beneficiary gets here in the US.

Bad news...

Since "the processing" just starts when the petitioner and beneficiary gets married here in the states, and since you will be dealing with government agencies afterwards, there's really no telling how long till you get your AP or green card. There's too many variables involved.

My .02

If surgery is involve and you have to have that surgery in the PI, you might want to re-think your travel plans. I think K1 visas are valid for 6 months.

Edited by NoelandTintin

Timeline

Good news....

There's a reason why K1 is soooo much faster to process than CR1 visas (About 6 to 9 months faster in general). And that reason is because there's almost no processing involved with K1. Much of the processing happens when the beneficiary gets here in the US.

Bad news...

Since "the processing" just starts when the petitioner and beneficiary gets married here in the states, and since you will be dealing with government agencies afterwards, there's really no telling how long till you get your AP or green card. There's too many variables involved.

My .02

If surgery is involve and you have to have that surgery in the PI, you might want to re-think your travel plans. I think K1 visas are valid for 6 months.

the surgery plan isnt a must anyway ( i thought of that cus its cheaper here in PI and ofcourse my personal doctor is here. the wedding that we'll have in PI is what im very much considering thats y i would like to estimate how long does it take to get the AP from the time of filing.

AP cus ive learned its the other way for me to come back to the PI even i dont hold the GC yet. (is this correct :unsure: )

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.