umpazumparoo

My husband is losing hope...need a hug

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yesterday my brother-in-law found out that he's unable to return to the USA to complete his Fulbright. (He has 4 more years on his PHD.)

My husband is starting to lose hope, and worries that we may be denied a green card for no reason. I wish I could feel more optimistic than he does, but if the American consulate in Pakistan can deny my brother-in-law a visa for completion of his Fulbright, why couldn't they make up a reason to keep my husband out of the USA as well?

We have been living apart since June of 2007; we married in Pakistan this year, and have just started the visa process, hoping to time it out with the termination of his J visa in 2009. We haven't hit any glitches yet, but I do worry since Pakistan seems to be a place where lots of people are being denied entry here.

~A heartsick Umpazumparoo

Edited by umpazumparoo

Our personal timeline:

August 31st, 2006: Met in New York on a blind date

April, 2007: serious discussions about marriage

May 2007: Bilal graduated from NYU, ending his Fulbright scholarship

May 2007: notice that he had to return to Pakistan for 2 years (J visa HRR)

May 2007: Sara left town for business; last time we saw each other for 10 months

June 1st, 2007: Bilal went to Pakistan

Thanksgiving Day 2007: Sara and Bilal became officially engaged over the phone; Sara converted to Islam

March 07th, 2008: Nikaah Nama in Lahore, Pakistan

March 15th, 2008: last time Bilal and Sara saw each other

May 17th, 2008: I-130 sent to Chicago

June 3rd, 2008: hard copy of NOA1 sent from VSC

June 5th, 2008: hard copy of NOA1 received in NYC

xxxxxxx, 2008: NOA2??????!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I always say never worry until you are given reason to worry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Yesterday my brother-in-law found out that he's unable to return to the USA to complete his Fulbright. (He has 4 more years on his PHD.)

My husband is starting to lose hope, and worries that we may be denied a green card for no reason. I wish I could feel more optimistic than he does, but if the American consulate in Pakistan can deny my brother-in-law a visa for completion of his Fulbright, why couldn't they make up a reason to keep my husband out of the USA as well?

We have been living apart since June of 2007; we married in Pakistan this year, and have just started the visa process, hoping to time it out with the termination of his J visa in 2009. We haven't hit any glitches yet, but I do worry since Pakistan seems to be a place where lots of people are being denied entry here.

Sara

Be +

Look ahead. I think Bilal will have to stay there for 2 years but I am not sure about that. For K-1 fiancee visa that is the condition. There is always hope. Just keep you documentation and everything will be all right.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you, Raj.

Yes, his 2-year residency requirement will be over next June. We expect that they will hang onto his green card until then, assuming we are granted one.

Our personal timeline:

August 31st, 2006: Met in New York on a blind date

April, 2007: serious discussions about marriage

May 2007: Bilal graduated from NYU, ending his Fulbright scholarship

May 2007: notice that he had to return to Pakistan for 2 years (J visa HRR)

May 2007: Sara left town for business; last time we saw each other for 10 months

June 1st, 2007: Bilal went to Pakistan

Thanksgiving Day 2007: Sara and Bilal became officially engaged over the phone; Sara converted to Islam

March 07th, 2008: Nikaah Nama in Lahore, Pakistan

March 15th, 2008: last time Bilal and Sara saw each other

May 17th, 2008: I-130 sent to Chicago

June 3rd, 2008: hard copy of NOA1 sent from VSC

June 5th, 2008: hard copy of NOA1 received in NYC

xxxxxxx, 2008: NOA2??????!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

All you can do, is to hope for the best. Unfortunately, it appears to be true that Pakistanis are screened by the U.S. more rigorously nowadays, and if there is any doubt about the intending immigrant, it will derail the application. Such is the sorry state of our concern about terrorism. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.