8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So could someone please explain this to me ...

Before I left Canada, I had to pay $250 for a medical exam, including x-days and bloodwork, vaccinations and all of that. All of the papers were sealed in an envelope that I was not allowed to open. When I had my interview in Montreal, the envelope was opened, the papers were taken, and I did not receive any copies.

Now that I'm here in the U.S., I applied for AOS/EAD/AP more than 90 days ago, and last week I received a notification that I have to send in my I-693 form. I call the doctors' offices and they all tell me that in order for them to give me that form, I have to have ANOTHER full physical and it sill cost me $200.

WHAT IS THE POINT!?!?!

I have a form from my doctor saying that I had all of my vaccinations/tests/etc. and that there is nothing wrong with me. Why will they not accept that as proof?

:ranting:

I called my doctor and she said that for a nominal fee of $50, they will make copies of all of the forms I sent in to the consulate and that those should be good enough to send in.

Why the hell not? I'm sure I will be told that they're not good enough and that I have to go pay the $200 for yet another physical from yet another doctor.... it's only money, after all.

:crying:

I-129F Sent : 2005-07-15

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

did you send in the I-693A vaccination supplement? if you had your exam then I think you just have to send in a form, vaccination supplement has to be completed by US civil surgeon here

Octa and Nicu

I-129F Interview..........04-25-2005

US Entry......................05-19-2005

Marriage......................07-16-2005

Filed AOS/EAD..............08-16-2005

Received EAD................11-28-2005

AOS Interview...............05-15-2006

Received Green Card.....05-25-2006

The way to find out if you love someone or not, is by talking to them.

The more you talk to them the more you either hate them or love them.

Filed: Timeline

heartovmidnight,

Are you certain that you were asked for the full I-693 medical exam report and not just the I-693 Vaccination Supplement? You should not need the full I-693 if you were a K1 and submitted the I-485 less than a year after having the visa medical exam (you didn't give the relevant dates).

Since you submitted your I-485 more than 90 days ago it does sound as if the RFE may be coming from an adjudicator, not a file screener, which is not a good sign - it may mean that the visa medical reports have gone missing from the file.

If you're certain that the RFE is asking for the full I-693 and time is not of the essence you might respond to the RFE by politely noting that the visa medical exam is sufficient when adjustment has been applied for within 1 year of that exam.

If time is of the essence and money is not, have a new exam and submit the I-693.

A statement of health from your doctor is not adequate because the INA says that you need an exam by an approved Panel Physician if overseas or Civil Surgeon if in the USA.

Yodrak

So could someone please explain this to me ...

Before I left Canada, I had to pay $250 for a medical exam, including x-days and bloodwork, vaccinations and all of that. All of the papers were sealed in an envelope that I was not allowed to open. When I had my interview in Montreal, the envelope was opened, the papers were taken, and I did not receive any copies.

Now that I'm here in the U.S., I applied for AOS/EAD/AP more than 90 days ago, and last week I received a notification that I have to send in my I-693 form. I call the doctors' offices and they all tell me that in order for them to give me that form, I have to have ANOTHER full physical and it sill cost me $200.

WHAT IS THE POINT!?!?!

I have a form from my doctor saying that I had all of my vaccinations/tests/etc. and that there is nothing wrong with me. Why will they not accept that as proof?

:ranting:

I called my doctor and she said that for a nominal fee of $50, they will make copies of all of the forms I sent in to the consulate and that those should be good enough to send in.

Why the hell not? I'm sure I will be told that they're not good enough and that I have to go pay the $200 for yet another physical from yet another doctor.... it's only money, after all.

:crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If they are RFEing you for the full medical then clam up and do it - others have been denied for not doing it and that could end up costing more in pain then the medical exam fee, and all the delays. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Other Timeline
If they are RFEing you for the full medical then clam up and do it - others have been denied for not doing it and that could end up costing more in pain then the medical exam fee, and all the delays. Good Luck

I actually agree with Motu. :( Read your RFE again. Are they asking for the I-693A (Vaccination Supplement) or the I-693 (entire medical). I hope it's just the vaccination supplement that they want, but if not, you're probably just going to have to do the full medical again. :(

I know this stuff really sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through it, and I hope things go faster (and cheaper!) for you from now on. (F)

Filed: Other Timeline

I got the same dang thing, they wanted another full medical exam done, because they said I hadn't had one yet :wacko: Which we all know isn't true, so we called the state Senator again, and with their help we discovered the USCIS had lost my medical file so I didn't have to go have another exam.

I did however call the panel physician back in Toronto and got a duplicate copy for $50 er summat which I sent off to USCIS with a letter reminding them thyat I was adjusting based on a K3 and they already have my medical results, and of what Senator Dole's office had said, and just in case they lost my file again, here's a full duplicate :P

I wasn't about to pay $400 for another exam that I didn't need. I was rather tired of them losing my files, I'd have fought with them til they deported me I was so pissed off. They'd "misplaced" something from every single step of the K3 on us. Money grubbers AFAIC :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

did you send in the I-693A vaccination supplement? if you had your exam then I think you just have to send in a form, vaccination supplement has to be completed by US civil surgeon here

Yes. Not sending in a vaccination supplement will sometimes trigger an RFE for the full medical. Once this happens it seems that only the full medical will satisfy them.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Just be sure and do the right thing,,,a few people here have had straight Denials after writing them a letter explaining they have had the medical already! If need be call the Dr's office in Canada and get them to send a copy of your full medical and send this in with a letter. But as others said, first of all make sure it's not just the vaccination supplement they want.

By the way, some Civil Surgeons are rip off merchants and try to insist you need the full medical when you just need the vaccination sheet done. Look for another one in your state.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.