MarkBUK

InfoPass Appointment to expedite process

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

As some may recall from my previous posts I got interviewed and hired on the same day for a professional position which is great but my deadline will mean an EAD turnaround of 45 days which I'm presuming is very unlikely.

I've taken Biometrics and I've not had a notice to be transfered to the CSC (I live in SD, CA) so I'm presuming that I won't have to do this step or I may be completely mistaken!

I'd love to take this position so being as I'm doing everything in my power, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to expedite my EAD like request a temporary one, extension of I-94 (although it's expired on July 23rd), anything at all. I got real lucky and of course it's not the end of the world if I don't get it because I'll get another one but has anyone tried this route previously?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
As some may recall from my previous posts I got interviewed and hired on the same day for a professional position which is great but my deadline will mean an EAD turnaround of 45 days which I'm presuming is very unlikely.

I've taken Biometrics and I've not had a notice to be transfered to the CSC (I live in SD, CA) so I'm presuming that I won't have to do this step or I may be completely mistaken!

I'd love to take this position so being as I'm doing everything in my power, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to expedite my EAD like request a temporary one, extension of I-94 (although it's expired on July 23rd), anything at all. I got real lucky and of course it's not the end of the world if I don't get it because I'll get another one but has anyone tried this route previously?

From what I know there is no such thing as emergency EAD.... Local office involvement with EAD's i believe ceased a couple years ago.

YMMV

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

As a secondary question, I note that my case numbers begin with 'MSC'. As I stated above, I live in SD, CA (filed to Chicago) so I'm unsure if I'll get 'transfered' to the CSC. When this happens do the case numbers change to 'CSC' or do things proceed fine with the 'MSC' prefix?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
As a secondary question, I note that my case numbers begin with 'MSC'. As I stated above, I live in SD, CA (filed to Chicago) so I'm unsure if I'll get 'transfered' to the CSC. When this happens do the case numbers change to 'CSC' or do things proceed fine with the 'MSC' prefix?

FWIW, a CSC case number would begin WAC, but no the case number does not change upon transfer

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.