poetrywriter

I-751 petition to remove conditions on residence

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and I am so glad I found it:)) I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. My husband and I are trying to send off the I-751 application but we are not sure what to send along with the application? We had an interview 2 years ago and we submitted proof of our marriage at the interview and birth cert of our daughter born in the marriage. I am so confused on what to send with this application. I read where is says you have to send affidavits saying we have a legal marriage, and then I read you have to send in a fingerprint folder ( not even sure where to get one of those). We dont have the affidavits but we do have our tax returns, photos of our marriage and the birth of our baby girl. We have a few bills together in our name as well. Do I have to send the affidavits with the application? It wouldn't be a problem getting them but we only have 6 weeks let to file before his greencard expires. We had to wait on tax money to come in to be able to afford the $545 and thus now we have only 6 weeks to file this. His greencard doesn't expires until Sept 15th but I want to get this done as quick as possible. Could someone tell me exactly what I need to put in the mail along with the application? Also, it says to send $545 for the I-751. Is this the only form we fill out because on the INS website it says there are 2 forms but I'm not sure that the other form would be? Thanks for taking the time to help:))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and I am so glad I found it:)) I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. My husband and I are trying to send off the I-751 application but we are not sure what to send along with the application? We had an interview 2 years ago and we submitted proof of our marriage at the interview and birth cert of our daughter born in the marriage. I am so confused on what to send with this application. I read where is says you have to send affidavits saying we have a legal marriage, and then I read you have to send in a fingerprint folder ( not even sure where to get one of those). We dont have the affidavits but we do have our tax returns, photos of our marriage and the birth of our baby girl. We have a few bills together in our name as well. Do I have to send the affidavits with the application? It wouldn't be a problem getting them but we only have 6 weeks let to file before his greencard expires. We had to wait on tax money to come in to be able to afford the $545 and thus now we have only 6 weeks to file this. His greencard doesn't expires until Sept 15th but I want to get this done as quick as possible. Could someone tell me exactly what I need to put in the mail along with the application? Also, it says to send $545 for the I-751. Is this the only form we fill out because on the INS website it says there are 2 forms but I'm not sure that the other form would be? Thanks for taking the time to help:))

Hi

I can suggest things but I can't say things for sure(as every case is different) With your application you could send in the affidavits from friends saying your marriage is legitmate. Also send in a copy of your tax returns showing that you filed them married and jointly. Also show them bills that you have in both of your names that come to the same address. You also could show them copys of bank statements in both your names. The photos together (especially with the baby)is always good. Include a copy of any children's birth certificates. Maybe you took a trip together and you have intinerary or hotel reciepts. As for the fingerprint folder I have never heard of such a thing so I am not sure where you heard that. Included in the fee is a fee covering the biometrics for your husband. Overall you need to send in stuff that is jointly prooving you guys are still married. If they feel they need any more information from you they will send you a RFE(request further evidence) and they could also choose to interview your husband. Include form I-751 along with your application. You diefently need to get a move on as it will complicate things if you wait till the date after his greencard expires.

Try not to stress out about it.

Hope this helps out a little...

July 31st 2004 Married

Feb 13th 2006 AOS package sent

Reciept Feb 13th 2006

April 26th 2006 Biometrics

Interviewed May 3rd 2006 Denver Approved pending FBI Namecheck(AO extremly rude)

Long wait begins

August 2006 Inquiry on case....still pending

December 2006 Inquiry on case....still pending

Feb 16th 2007 Missed Grandmother's surprise 85th Birthday party in Australia.

April 2007 Inquiry on case....still pending

July 2007 Inquiry on case....still pending Informed they will not redo my biometrics till my FBI namecheck is back. Original AO retires.

Dec 26th 2007 Notice to appear for Biometrics

Jan 9th 2008 Biometrics

Jan 29th 2008 Missed telephone call from USCIS

Jan 30th 2008(my birthday) Returned phone call from USCIS AO (much nicer then original) personally called to confirm my mailing address an advise I am approved an will recieve 10yr card as I have been married more then 2yrs.

Feb 11th 2008 10yr greencard recieved in the mail with wrong info on card.

Feb 12th 2008 Start planning trip home to Australia

May 3rd 2008 Leave for Australia

May 5th 2008 Touch down in Australia 1st time since Dec 28th 1995 what a relief.

May 5th 2008 Suprise my grandmother with showing up at her door. Tears all around but well worth it.

May 25th 2008 Say Seeya Soon as I hate Goodbye...Come back to the US and start thinking about when We will wanna go home again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I don't need fingerprint folder ( i don't even know what that is). What you need are: Evidence for your relationship (your daughter birth certificate that born to the marriage, your lease or mortgage contract showing occupancy or ownership, joint bank account, credit card statement showing your name and your husband name, state tax return, joint utility bill, and other financial records that show your name and your husband name, green card, affidavits from at least from two of your friends, of course fill out form I751, and the check). all what you send are just copy, except the form I751 & check of course. Please someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this is help.

I-751 Process

05/01/08 Sent I-751 Package to TSC

05/07/08 Checks Cashed

05/15/08 CRI89 transferred to VSC

05/21/08 NOA Date

05/28/08 Biometrics

12/24/08 The Application transferred to the USCIS Memphis Sub Office

01/22/09 Contact USCIS about the case

04/08/09 Got email about Card Production Ordered

04/11/09 Received Approval Letter by Mail

04/16/09 Received 10 years Green Card

Naturalization

08/10/09 Sent N-400 package

08/13/09 Check cashed

08/17/09 Received NOA

08/29/09 Received Biometric appointment Letter

09/04/09 Biometric

09/21/09 Received Interview Letter

11/06/09 Interview

12/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing

03/10/10 Applied US Passport (Normal)

03/25/10 Received US Passport

03/27/10 Received Naturalization Certificate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think all the evidence you listed will be more than sufficient. Considering you had to go through an interview for your husbands AOS, it should make this step easier. Don't worry about the affadavits, because many of us did not send any in. The fact that you two have a daughter together is pretty strong evidence that you entered into your marriage in good faith!

Good luck!

Oh yeah... no clue about the fingerprint folder, and not sure where you would have read about that. You will get another biometrics appointment for fingerprints.

Edited by roi_aggie

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.