HLM

friday....

64 posts in this topic

I think the foundation HAS to be bad if the house is settling the way it is. There are no basements in Houston due to the crappy ground down here so I'm sure the house doesn't have a basement. If it didn't have the cracks all over...I might actually say lets go for it coz it can definitely be fixed up fairly inexpensively. I'm sure it was really nice in its early days.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure about TX, but definitely no basements in south LA - they'd be under water! New Orleans is about 1 ft below sea level. :star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

If you are going to have to spend your own money to do repairs when there lots of repairs to do, then free might end up being more expensive than rentng elsewhere.

:rofl: crappy soil in Texas..amal you are never going to get your Texas merit badge with this kind of language!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm still here in Morocco. I was supposed to fly out on the 22nd of July but wanted to spend more time with Badr, so I changed my ticket to the 29th. Well, when I got to the airport on the 29th, RAM couldn't find me in the computer. Reason being, Orbitz updated my itenary and did not re-issue me a new ticket. So I came back to Kenitra and got on the phone with Orbitz. The best they could do is refund me half the cost of my original ticket and I went and bought a one-way ticket somewhere else. So I'm now scheduled to leave on the 6th arriving in San Fran on the 7th. I love Morocco but I miss home too.

We're still in AP hell. The consulate did review his case on the 29th, so hopefully we'll hear something soon. Miss you all.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

TGIF!!!!!!!!

YAH WHOOO but sadly for me I work a 6 day work week

BABYESHELL...I am waiting for my Tarik to come soon too...we are now 2 1/2 months in AP for CR1

i just saw your Tarik is coming and I wish I could know what it feels like to anticipate his arrival. Well actually I have been for a long time, but you know how this waiting drains us..I keep saying oh this summer you will be here and we will do this and that...HA HA yeah right! concerts coming, "i am going to do that with Tarik", friends weddings "going with Tarik" new movies, restaurants.." DOING ALL WITH TARIK" unfortunately for me Tarik is a ghost.

My kids are older now, no napping required...LOL however they still need naps

I always kept a pretty structured schedule with em..they work good that way

I think you can view the solar eclipse on NASA.GOV....too bad we couldnt see it, yet again

I wonder if anyone in Morocco could? They didnt mention Morocco as a country who could view it

anywhooo Have a great weekend and may the new week bring for us, still in limbo, GOOD NEWS!!

I also want to keep in our hearts and prayers, HENNAROSE and her BELOVED...may GOD give you the strength you need now and hope for the future

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Aym will start his job search very soon. I am hoping for the EAD to be mailed out in the next few weeks. We are about ready to go into our second month of waiting. He is starting to get a little nervous because his resume is so legal. My husband was a high court attorney and basically has no other experience but law. I thought he could apply for companies like Lexis Nexis, NCR, Reynolds and Reynolds, hoping that just possibly they would see that he has dealt with pressure, customers and has some legal background. Maybe they will have some legal research help needed. Good luck to your husband, I'm sure it will all work out for him. I have no idea how we will work things out without Ayman driving and having only one car but I'm sure God has a plan for us!

Well he didn't get a job in his normal field that he worked in for so long. Quite honestly I think the hardest part with most companies is that you can't just walk in and apply anymore...they require you to apply online which puts him in the same pile as a thousand other candidates so then when they compare him, who has zippo experience in the US, to someone who has had even one job in the US, guess who will be picked.

He found his job via craigslist. That was the best way to find jobs that had walk in applications and those were the ones he got interviews for because , I think, they could put a face to the name and he could win them over....the guy can talk a dog off a meat wagon so that was beneficial to him. :) The main problem though as I said was transportation due to the fact that most want him at the stores past closing time to set up for the morning, etc.

I give him credit though. Each week he's pounded the pavement in Boston and the surrounding communities in his hot black suit in the 90 degree humid weather facing rejection about 20 times/week, you know? He hasn't gotten too down and when he does get a little down I just give him a pep talk. Good luck!!!

Now, to answer some of the questions... Most of Texas is a big sink hole. It's not uncommon to see this happen to perfectly fine homes since the ground is made of clay rather than rock. I want to have the place inspected for safety before I even consider considering it at all.

One thing I wish I had done before buying this house, though I dunno if you need to worry about this, is to research whether or not FEMA had paid the previous owner. I have received funding from FEMA for the huge floods we have had over the years and I'm sure there's a record of that kind of activity. Kind of like how you can research a car by it's VIN number to see if it's been in an accident. Maybe you can look into something like that to see if there's been something that actually caused the cracks in the walls. I wouldn't move there because I wouldn't be able to sleep at night thinking the house would collapse on my kids or something.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Bleckity, Bleckity, Blech!!! That's how I'm feeling today - I'm also feeling PHAT & CRAMPY! :hehe:

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Aym will start his job search very soon. I am hoping for the EAD to be mailed out in the next few weeks. We are about ready to go into our second month of waiting. He is starting to get a little nervous because his resume is so legal. My husband was a high court attorney and basically has no other experience but law. I thought he could apply for companies like Lexis Nexis, NCR, Reynolds and Reynolds, hoping that just possibly they would see that he has dealt with pressure, customers and has some legal background. Maybe they will have some legal research help needed. Good luck to your husband, I'm sure it will all work out for him. I have no idea how we will work things out without Ayman driving and having only one car but I'm sure God has a plan for us!

Well he didn't get a job in his normal field that he worked in for so long. Quite honestly I think the hardest part with most companies is that you can't just walk in and apply anymore...they require you to apply online which puts him in the same pile as a thousand other candidates so then when they compare him, who has zippo experience in the US, to someone who has had even one job in the US, guess who will be picked.

He found his job via craigslist. That was the best way to find jobs that had walk in applications and those were the ones he got interviews for because , I think, they could put a face to the name and he could win them over....the guy can talk a dog off a meat wagon so that was beneficial to him. :) The main problem though as I said was transportation due to the fact that most want him at the stores past closing time to set up for the morning, etc.

I give him credit though. Each week he's pounded the pavement in Boston and the surrounding communities in his hot black suit in the 90 degree humid weather facing rejection about 20 times/week, you know? He hasn't gotten too down and when he does get a little down I just give him a pep talk. Good luck!!!

Now, to answer some of the questions... Most of Texas is a big sink hole. It's not uncommon to see this happen to perfectly fine homes since the ground is made of clay rather than rock. I want to have the place inspected for safety before I even consider considering it at all.

One thing I wish I had done before buying this house, though I dunno if you need to worry about this, is to research whether or not FEMA had paid the previous owner. I have received funding from FEMA for the huge floods we have had over the years and I'm sure there's a record of that kind of activity. Kind of like how you can research a car by it's VIN number to see if it's been in an accident. Maybe you can look into something like that to see if there's been something that actually caused the cracks in the walls. I wouldn't move there because I wouldn't be able to sleep at night thinking the house would collapse on my kids or something.

That is a wonderful idea. Are there really records as to what happened to a house? How does one go about obtaining those records??? see, I have the same fear of the house collapsing on my son. I couldn't handle that. If it was me..fine...(it'd suck, don't get me wrong)... but my son..I just can't stand the thought of puttin ghim in danger.

Ok...how do I go about finding out if the house is safe or not?

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

That is a wonderful idea. Are there really records as to what happened to a house? How does one go about obtaining those records??? see, I have the same fear of the house collapsing on my son. I couldn't handle that. If it was me..fine...(it'd suck, don't get me wrong)... but my son..I just can't stand the thought of puttin ghim in danger.

Ok...how do I go about finding out if the house is safe or not?

hire an inspector!

I doubt that a house in this neighborhood has been damaged by any flooding. But it depends on how old the house is.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
A poker run at ....say McDonalds, Dunkin Donut, Burger King, and Wendy's would work for me....lol. :rofl:

Throw in a Dairy Queen and Ihop for good measure.

have you seen the new Discover America offerings at IHOP? I can't wait till I go back to Michigan. http://www.ihopdiscoveramerica.com/

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I've got mad respect for him. If I lived close I would hire him just for having that great of an attitude!! Best of luck to him!!

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.