HLM

friday....

64 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like a pretty active grandma!!! Mine was a fiesty little woman before she became ill. I think Zain probably has more hair than Malek!!

Tamara, have fun! I wished we had days like that here in Ohio.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
Happy Friday and good morning! Wael has a dental appointment today to have an impacted wisdom tooth removed, so our weekend will be a very quiet one! Thank God it will be done under IV sedation...he is such a big chicken.

Wishing you a great day!!

You know my dad said that Usama has two wisdom teeth that need to come out too but for the life of me I don't get *why*. I mean he's had them since he was probably 18 (when they normally grow in) and they don't cause him any pain or anything so why pull them you know? I could see if he needed braces but his teeth are nice and straight so we're still undecided on whether we want him to undergo all that for possibly no reason.

they say becuase they are so far back hard to reach to clean so they just rot anyway so its best to remove them. in my husbands case...they also caused cavities in the tooth next to them which then rotted out and gave him a major toothache.

Timeline
I'm thinking that he may have something more than teeth issues :( At least with my other two the oragel and tylenol helped but he couldn't sleep at all and wasn't messing with his mouth. Just screaming...I will check with Aym in a little bit and see how his morning is going and take him to the doctor if I have to. My daughter had a sore throat and fever earlier this week so I pray that is not what is going on with him.

OK, guys, is Friday afternoon here yet? I am so ready to be done with work for the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridget--did you hubby ever decide on a job yet?

Yeah he took one that starts mid August. I actually dropped him off at another interview today though for a better job and he interviewed with HR, then the dept mgr then the big mgr and at the END of it all he was asked if he will definitely be able to come in at..............6:30am to which he explained that he's at the mercy of public transportation so that would be a no. Geesh you'd think they'd ask that up front so as not to waste an hour and a half of his and their time, ya know? Oh well, at least this time when that happened (believe it or not that is the cause of MOST Of his interviews going sour) he knew he already has another job so it wasn't THAT much of a letdown. Things will be much better when he finally gets his license and is able to drive himself to and fro.

Is it quittin' time yet?????? Good lord I need a nap today! :wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Terrie - what's a poker run?

Bridget, a poker run is this- 8 different bars are involved and u go from bar to bar and get your card stamped and then at the main bar (tomorrow) you get to chose your cards to see who plays the best poker hand. And who ever does wins 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Money. All the bars pay to particpate and so do the people who play. And what ever is left over from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd goes to a chairty of the main bars choice. This year its the Racine food pantry. And they have donated upwards to over $1000. in any one given year. Its alot of fun. And they do this in the course of a week so you don't have to do it all at once, but of course i waited til the last min. And i figured its best to do it while Kamal is at work!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Aym will start his job search very soon. I am hoping for the EAD to be mailed out in the next few weeks. We are about ready to go into our second month of waiting. He is starting to get a little nervous because his resume is so legal. My husband was a high court attorney and basically has no other experience but law. I thought he could apply for companies like Lexis Nexis, NCR, Reynolds and Reynolds, hoping that just possibly they would see that he has dealt with pressure, customers and has some legal background. Maybe they will have some legal research help needed. Good luck to your husband, I'm sure it will all work out for him. I have no idea how we will work things out without Ayman driving and having only one car but I'm sure God has a plan for us!

Terrie - what's a poker run?

Bridget, a poker run is this- 8 different bars are involved and u go from bar to bar and get your card stamped and then at the main bar (tomorrow) you get to chose your cards to see who plays the best poker hand. And who ever does wins 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Money. All the bars pay to particpate and so do the people who play. And what ever is left over from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd goes to a chairty of the main bars choice. This year its the Racine food pantry. And they have donated upwards to over $1000. in any one given year. Its alot of fun. And they do this in the course of a week so you don't have to do it all at once, but of course i waited til the last min. And i figured its best to do it while Kamal is at work!!

I guess I should get out more. I've never heard of this either! :blush:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

poker runs are usually on motor cycles arent they ( or is that just OKLA) ha

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

i still don't get it..but oh well. G'mornin peeps!

its my thursday ... yuck..

VACATION STARTS AFTER 2 WEEKS!!!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I posted this late yesterday so I thought I'd post it again for those of u who didn't see it.

Ok..so here's the scoop.....

It has a fence around it for privacy. The fence needs some new support beams but its nothing that would be too costly to fix.

When u enter the fence, there's a wooden patio to the left and to the right. It looks like they started to attempt to make it look nice but gave up 1/4 of the way through. There was a row of some approximately 1 year old saplings in the "garden" area so it appeared to have the potential to be good for a garden or something.

When u walk in the front door, the living room is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It looked like all new carpet. I noticed cracks in the walls near the ceiling on the far wall. The ceiling fan worked along with the lights. There was a fireplace accross the room on the right hand side and also another square hole just beside the fireplace (that is about equal in size to the fireplace). I'm not sure what that was for. On around to the right were sliding glass doors that led out to the patio which was made out of 2X4/s but didn't look too bad. The doors slid with no problem. Again, there were cracks in the wall at the corners of the door jam.

To the left of the front door was the kitchen. It was probably 15X15 with ceramic tile. (possibly a few sqft larger). There were cracks in the walls in there too and some of the tiles in the center were broken. (jax, i might could use u for some new flooring lol) All the lights worked so that's a plus. There was plenty of room for a table and chairs in there with extra room to spare. The cabinets start with 1 end having a dishwasher (u can clearly see where the countertop is not level...either that or the dishwasher is slanted...). next to the dishwasher is the sink and the counter makes an "L" shape around to the stove (which looked to be in fairly decent condition). Next to the stove was the ceiling to floor cupboard. The cupboard is very large and very deep (approx 2.5 to 3sqft each shelve and I think there were 4 or 5 shelves in it) so it would accomodate lots of food. There were cabinets on the wall and below the counter and there were also about 6 medium sized drawers.

When u walk into the kitchen and turn to the right , there is the 1/2 bath (just toilet and sink). Light worked. I didn't notice too many cracks or anything in there.

to the left of the bathroom is the stairs. They have new carpet so they looked nice. Walk up about 10 steps and turn 180 degrees and up another 10 or so steps into an entryway. On the right hand side is the closet for washer and dryer. The room to the right of that is the first bedroom (approx 12X12). Cracks run from the top left of that room down to the window, then from the right corner of the window to the opposite corner of the room. It has a walk-in closet with an attic. all the lights work in this room.

Come out of that bedroom and on the same wall to the right of it is the 2nd bedroom (approx 10X10). Light works. Cracks in this wall are similar to the other room. Walk-in closet with plenty of room. U hear the floor creak as u walk accross it...that always creeps me out.

Come out of that bedroom and the first room to the right is a full bathroom. Toilet, Tub, sink. Tub has plastic duct taped around the faucet but no clear signs of leakage. Lights worked. Room had potential to be very nice. It was probably 8X8 or something like that....if even that.

Then on the other side is the master bedroom. It's very large (my guestimate is around 15X15 but very likely is bigger) HUGE walk-in closet to the left and the master bathroom is to the right just inside the door. There are a couple cracks in the walls in there as well. Some near the floor and some near the ceiling. There are sliding glass doors on the opposite side of the entryway on the right wall that goes out to a wooden patio. It was very sturdy and just needed some decorations.

The entryway to the master bathroom is a powder room with a sink and large mirror. Nothing wrong with this room. On inside the actual bathroom, I notice the toilet does not have the handle to flush with (reminded me of the potties in jordan lol) The tub looked ok and sink looked ok. I didn't notice anything wrong with the walls in there.

All-in-all it would be a great fixer upper IF the walls weren't cracked. From what I know...cracked walls means bad foundation ..which leads to house falling down in a severe wind storm. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if the walls weren't cracked.

What do u all think????????????????????????

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
poker runs are usually on motor cycles arent they ( or is that just OKLA) ha

Motorycycles, cars, whatever.

08/24/2011 Biometrics

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Now, to answer some of the questions... Most of Texas is a big sink hole. It's not uncommon to see this happen to perfectly fine homes since the ground is made of clay rather than rock. I want to have the place inspected for safety before I even consider considering it at all.

Interview-December 2005

Timeline
I posted this late yesterday so I thought I'd post it again for those of u who didn't see it.

Ok..so here's the scoop.....

It has a fence around it for privacy. The fence needs some new support beams but its nothing that would be too costly to fix.

When u enter the fence, there's a wooden patio to the left and to the right. It looks like they started to attempt to make it look nice but gave up 1/4 of the way through. There was a row of some approximately 1 year old saplings in the "garden" area so it appeared to have the potential to be good for a garden or something.

When u walk in the front door, the living room is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It looked like all new carpet. I noticed cracks in the walls near the ceiling on the far wall. The ceiling fan worked along with the lights. There was a fireplace accross the room on the right hand side and also another square hole just beside the fireplace (that is about equal in size to the fireplace). I'm not sure what that was for. On around to the right were sliding glass doors that led out to the patio which was made out of 2X4/s but didn't look too bad. The doors slid with no problem. Again, there were cracks in the wall at the corners of the door jam.

To the left of the front door was the kitchen. It was probably 15X15 with ceramic tile. (possibly a few sqft larger). There were cracks in the walls in there too and some of the tiles in the center were broken. (jax, i might could use u for some new flooring lol) All the lights worked so that's a plus. There was plenty of room for a table and chairs in there with extra room to spare. The cabinets start with 1 end having a dishwasher (u can clearly see where the countertop is not level...either that or the dishwasher is slanted...). next to the dishwasher is the sink and the counter makes an "L" shape around to the stove (which looked to be in fairly decent condition). Next to the stove was the ceiling to floor cupboard. The cupboard is very large and very deep (approx 2.5 to 3sqft each shelve and I think there were 4 or 5 shelves in it) so it would accomodate lots of food. There were cabinets on the wall and below the counter and there were also about 6 medium sized drawers.

When u walk into the kitchen and turn to the right , there is the 1/2 bath (just toilet and sink). Light worked. I didn't notice too many cracks or anything in there.

to the left of the bathroom is the stairs. They have new carpet so they looked nice. Walk up about 10 steps and turn 180 degrees and up another 10 or so steps into an entryway. On the right hand side is the closet for washer and dryer. The room to the right of that is the first bedroom (approx 12X12). Cracks run from the top left of that room down to the window, then from the right corner of the window to the opposite corner of the room. It has a walk-in closet with an attic. all the lights work in this room.

Come out of that bedroom and on the same wall to the right of it is the 2nd bedroom (approx 10X10). Light works. Cracks in this wall are similar to the other room. Walk-in closet with plenty of room. U hear the floor creak as u walk accross it...that always creeps me out.

Come out of that bedroom and the first room to the right is a full bathroom. Toilet, Tub, sink. Tub has plastic duct taped around the faucet but no clear signs of leakage. Lights worked. Room had potential to be very nice. It was probably 8X8 or something like that....if even that.

Then on the other side is the master bedroom. It's very large (my guestimate is around 15X15 but very likely is bigger) HUGE walk-in closet to the left and the master bathroom is to the right just inside the door. There are a couple cracks in the walls in there as well. Some near the floor and some near the ceiling. There are sliding glass doors on the opposite side of the entryway on the right wall that goes out to a wooden patio. It was very sturdy and just needed some decorations.

The entryway to the master bathroom is a powder room with a sink and large mirror. Nothing wrong with this room. On inside the actual bathroom, I notice the toilet does not have the handle to flush with (reminded me of the potties in jordan lol) The tub looked ok and sink looked ok. I didn't notice anything wrong with the walls in there.

All-in-all it would be a great fixer upper IF the walls weren't cracked. From what I know...cracked walls means bad foundation ..which leads to house falling down in a severe wind storm. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if the walls weren't cracked.

What do u all think????????????????????????

All the cracks in the walls would make me nervous, i would think bad foundation too. Thats the first thng that ran across my mind.

08/24/2011 Biometrics

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

and the fireplace is about 2X2 sqft. The hole beside it is almost exactly the same size. I am wondering if that isn't for wood or something???

Interview-December 2005

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

cracked walls just mean settleing of the foundation, happens alot in older homes (as mine) door that wont shut etc not sure of age or anything about yours tho like now with the dry weather they say to (water the foundations) to prevent this mine is wooden floors with a crawl space under the floor not cement like the newer homes

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.