64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
morning. Just had a yummy omlette with tomatoes, feta and spinach! YUM!

Why is it your food posts always have the same effect over me?????? you always have the best choices for lunch and I always get hungry!

23_2_54.gif( and hungry :P )

come work with me! We have an amazing cafeteria!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anybody here from Henna Rose and how she is doing?

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

'mornin gals n guys.

yay jackie for reachin ur goal! congrats!!!

Hubby took me to see the area that a townhome is in and would possibly be free for us. Now, Free is good and the area is good BUT the townhome is in more of an apartment complex type setting. It has 3 bedrooms and all of them are upstairs (which is a downer for me coz I get creeped out if I come home to an empty home that has an upstairs..who knows who'se hiding up there...OR am sleeping upstairs and there's nobody downstairs guarding the door for burgalars.) Yeah I'm a baby but hey, its me. We're gonna go look at the inside of it today ensha'allah so we will see if I approve or not.

Would u all move someplace u didn't like just coz it was free?

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Free is awfully tempting, but how free is "free"? And how do I find a free place?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
'mornin gals n guys.

Hubby took me to see the area that a townhome is in and would possibly be free for us. Now, Free is good and the area is good BUT the townhome is in more of an apartment complex type setting. It has 3 bedrooms and all of them are upstairs (which is a downer for me coz I get creeped out if I come home to an empty home that has an upstairs..who knows who'se hiding up there...OR am sleeping upstairs and there's nobody downstairs guarding the door for burgalars.) Yeah I'm a baby but hey, its me. We're gonna go look at the inside of it today ensha'allah so we will see if I approve or not.

I probably would... think of it this way - it would give you the opportunity to save up for the place you will love, not just be okay with.... think of what you could do with the income you are not spending on rent or mortgage.

:blush: that's just comeing from someone who pays half of my monthly income on rent alone and doesn't actually make enough to cover rent and bills (not including food and gas) :blush:

Free is awfully tempting, but how free is "free"? And how do I find a free place?

Good point :unsure:

I would never move to a place that creeps you out and where you feel unsafe. But besides that are there strings attatched?

If not... :thumbs:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

I probably would... think of it this way - it would give you the opportunity to save up for the place you will love, not just be okay with.... think of what you could do with the income you are not spending on rent or mortgage.

:blush: that's just comeing from someone who pays half of my monthly income on rent alone and doesn't actually make enough to cover rent and bills (not including food and gas) :blush:

My heart goes out to you! We all talk about gas prices but just this year food has increased 18%. that really adds up each week too! Hope some kind of windfall comes your way soon!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

well, the strings are very minimal. The place needs a little bit of work but we were considering telling the "landlord" that it had to be fixed before we would accept. The air doesn't work and it needs paint touch-ups (or something like that) I haven't actually seen the inside yet so I dunno how bad it is (if at all). It is for sale for 95,000 but in an area thats got 500,000 dollar homes so the area is really really nice.

Its down briar forest on wood "something or other" (for those of u familiar with my area). maybe 10 to 15 minutes from my apartment. It would be nice money wise ... maybe I would just sleep on the couch....

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

well, the strings are very minimal. The place needs a little bit of work but we were considering telling the "landlord" that it had to be fixed before we would accept. The air doesn't work and it needs paint touch-ups (or something like that) I haven't actually seen the inside yet so I dunno how bad it is (if at all). It is for sale for 95,000 but in an area thats got 500,000 dollar homes so the area is really really nice.

Its down briar forest on wood "something or other" (for those of u familiar with my area). maybe 10 to 15 minutes from my apartment. It would be nice money wise ... maybe I would just sleep on the couch....

Youu could borrow Fred and let him guard the door downstairs so you could sleep upstairs :P

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

So techincally it's not "free" but I"m assuming the sale of your other home covers this so in that case no mortgage? I"d go for it! :dance::dance::dance: You can always invest some of the money you're saving in a security system so you'd know if someone is in your house or not!

Timeline

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:ranting::ranting:

hubby had a full physical on Monday and the doctor gave him a shot and a tb test. Well Tuesday night he started having the chills and 102.5 temp and was sooo achey so I gave him 2 tylenol but he insisted on "hot lemonade" so I got him that too. Fever went down to 100 and of course it had nothing to do with the tylenol because the hot lemonade made him better. whatever.

anyhoo he went back yesterday so they could check the tb test and they said the fever/chills is due to his shot which who knows what was in there I think dyptheria and a few other things.

today it's hot as hell and I just called and he has had the a/c OFF all day long AND is wearing his flannel jammies AND a fleece jacket AND a fluffy blanket and is STILL cold. I asked him why the a/c was off when he knows that I hate the heat and he said it is what made him sick.

So.....................tylenol does nothing, hot lemonade is what cures you of a fever and innoculation side effects are insignificant compared to the evils of air conditioning.

:rolleyes:

Youu could borrow Fred and let him guard the door downstairs so you could sleep upstairs :P

:lol: Fred can come play with me anytime. Its just hubster u have to get to agree with it lol!!!

oh, and these places have NO yards whatsoever..NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, NUNYA. Not that we go outside a lot but still ..I like to see trees and grass outside my window...

Brig..that makes me FUME ..grrrrrrrr! Those boys and air conditioning. It seems that urs is a little bit worse than mine was coz it only took mine a few months to agree that A/C was a must in the hot weather. When I explained to him that it was cheaper to set the thermostat rather than turn the air off and then have to re-cool the house all the time...it started sinking in. Hey maybe u could compromise and maybe try setting the thermostat at a hotter temp than usual... so if u like it normally at 70..try 75 for a while. Then, at least, you won't have to cool the whole dang house every evening and u'd save a bundle on electric bills...

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Timeline
'mornin gals n guys.

Happy Thursday MENA!! I'm just getting up and around after last night with the twins "post" shot day...yikes. They have been dolls and really just needed some hugs and tylenol...LOL :D

Free is VERY tempting...I'm in a townhome now...I hate it. We literally have 3 floors to run up and down...groceries, mail, babies, etc...YUCK!! We are moving to a split floor plan/single level home that is larger than our 3 floors, imagine that!...I LOVE IT! We have been dying to move for a while and now with the twins...it was a good excuse...we don't want all the stairs with the babies!!

I'm so happy the weekend is almost here! MY GRAMMY IS COMING SATURDAY!!! YAY!!! :dancing:

Edited by Nawal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Its a constant fight with mine about the air conditioning and fans. He thinks that the air conditioning gives him a cold in his shoulder. Really i think he hurt it at work. I'm scared he has torn rotator cuff. i spent half the night listening to him cry about it. Til i moved on the couch. I told him i have to have the air on in order to breath because of my asthma. For the most part he leaves it alone, but not without complaining, and making me feeling guilty because he is in pain.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Timeline

:lol: Fred can come play with me anytime. Its just hubster u have to get to agree with it lol!!!

oh, and these places have NO yards whatsoever..NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, NUNYA. Not that we go outside a lot but still ..I like to see trees and grass outside my window...

Brig..that makes me FUME ..grrrrrrrr! Those boys and air conditioning. It seems that urs is a little bit worse than mine was coz it only took mine a few months to agree that A/C was a must in the hot weather. When I explained to him that it was cheaper to set the thermostat rather than turn the air off and then have to re-cool the house all the time...it started sinking in. Hey maybe u could compromise and maybe try setting the thermostat at a hotter temp than usual... so if u like it normally at 70..try 75 for a while. Then, at least, you won't have to cool the whole dang house every evening and u'd save a bundle on electric bills...

OH and AMAL!!! One more thing...Our electric bill with the 3 floors and running AC a lot...HOLY #######!!! Its outrageous...I know I live in AZ but not worth it with the garage below us ground floor its the truth HEAT RISES and keeps our AC constantly running. STINKS. I can't wait for the new house and 1/2 the electric! LOL :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.