JaHoney

What has been your experience

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita, I agree with what ur saying

U know JG, it never will get better..u have to learn how to say no..and u cannot take something for everyone..i would never go to JA if i was thinking about who is gonna ask me for this or dat..i love my country and so does my husband..so whe nwe go back no one sees us as a money pit ..cause we sure don't act like it..and we are honest when ppl ask friends and family alike..the only ppl we are obligated to in JA are his kids and that's it...if i have extra then they will get...no one in JA can make me hate going cause they ask for stuff..oh well i don't have it

I am with you, Kimmy. Watching my husband struggle dealing with it is what kills me. He's been really upset this past week and very out of character in everything. It took me a while to pinpoint what it was. Now that I know, it makes me want to hurt someone.

I have told people over and over again how difficult it has been for us financially the last few years. No one gets it. They never will. I know that.

I cannot help that this is effecting the way I look at everything. It is what it is. It's so frustrating.

I guess my point of this whole thing was that I think my husband might be or might've been more homesick if they weren't driving me mad with the constant phone calls and hands out. As it is, I was the one saying I wanted to go back and he was the one saying, I don't. Now, I'm with him too. It is sad that people who should love and support you are only out to use you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG, and ur frustration is quite understandable...i hate it !! and my husband gets upset too..cause in his eyes he is in AMERICA and he SHOULD be able to HELP..OH is that sooo??? we struggle here just as they do..even harder..cause if u don't pay ur light bill it gets cut off...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
JG, and ur frustration is quite understandable...i hate it !! and my husband gets upset too..cause in his eyes he is in AMERICA and he SHOULD be able to HELP..OH is that sooo??? we struggle here just as they do..even harder..cause if u don't pay ur light bill it gets cut off...

And MOST Jamaicans back home do not and will not try to understand that.

Lita; your PATWAH is perfect I would have never know you weren't a born Jamaican.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lita,

That's exactly how I feel. I have no worries when I'm there. I'm at peace. Although I love it there I do miss my things from home after being there awhile. But hopefully once I'm ready to retire we can move back to JA.

tymoore

Timeline
Lita,

That's exactly how I feel. I have no worries when I'm there. I'm at peace. Although I love it there I do miss my things from home after being there awhile. But hopefully once I'm ready to retire we can move back to JA.

The thing with this statement is that when I was there, I was not worried about paying any sort of monthly bills, getting a job, just plain surviving. It would be a lot different if I actually lived there. Yeah, there is sea and tranquility and beauty and fun when I'm visiting.

I have seen much too much of the exact opposite of that to know that's not all there is. My peace would only last as long as the rest of daily living did not creep up on me.

My MIL is stealing cable, electric, and water. She has absolutely NO monthly bills. They will never get the concept.

I still have to remind my husband every once in a while just how many bills we have. He'll say something like, well, I could do without this. I just look at him and say oh really cause you sure do crab about it when it's not working or there for you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Lita,

The thing with this statement is that when I was there, I was not worried about paying any sort of monthly bills, getting a job, just plain surviving. It would be a lot different if I actually lived there. Yeah, there is sea and tranquility and beauty and fun when I'm visiting.

I have seen much too much of the exact opposite of that to know that's not all there is. My peace would only last as long as the rest of daily living did not creep up on me.

My MIL is stealing cable, electric, and water. She has absolutely NO monthly bills. They will never get the concept.

I still have to remind my husband every once in a while just how many bills we have. He'll say something like, well, I could do without this. I just look at him and say oh really cause you sure do crab about it when it's not working or there for you.

See when i'm there its not all fun in the sun. We never stay in hotels, we stay in places where there is sometimes absolutely nothing to do. No water at times, and no electricity. I am bit by mosquitos and eating little food and my stomach is killing me. We live like we would live if i lived there without a plan. Now this last time was pure bliss cause he was off work and we just relaxed and vacationed. I know its harder there, but for me it really isnt that bad. There are many times when i just want to leave and take a hot shower or watch tv or eat a phat meal that I am used to...mi juss mek wuk wah mi ave.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG,

You are so right. Because as soon as I board that plane home reality sets in and I'm thinking about what I have to do once I reach home, what bills need to be paid etc. And he tells me I worry to much. ha!...Sorry I can't be that worry and carefree..

tymoore

Timeline
Lita,

See when i'm there its not all fun in the sun. We never stay in hotels, we stay in places where there is sometimes absolutely nothing to do. No water at times, and no electricity. I am bit by mosquitos and eating little food and my stomach is killing me. We live like we would live if i lived there without a plan. Now this last time was pure bliss cause he was off work and we just relaxed and vacationed. I know its harder there, but for me it really isnt that bad. There are many times when i just want to leave and take a hot shower or watch tv or eat a phat meal that I am used to...mi juss mek wuk wah mi ave.

JG there are so many people living there with much wealth and prosperity. Its not all poverty and struggle, just as its not like that here. I have stayed in some great places there that are far better than any house here in Cali i been too. I know many people with great jobs there and beautiful homes in Ironshore (which i love). Kids go to the movies, skate, parties, beaches and school. Its just normal like. You have to have a plan. Life is good in Jamaica if you are blessed to get it right. That is the life i am planning for. I would not move there to struggle...that makes no sense. I have a friend there who is German....married Jamaican. She seems so depressed. They have a little house he works she does not. They just had a baby, live in the country and she has no firends. She has not adapted well to the country and she looks so unhappy. I think its just the lifestyle in Jamaica that she has. I also have BIL who go to school there (14yrs) and LOVE it. They stay in a nice apartment in Ironshore and go to a good school and hav fun all summer with their friends. They are white an can chat mi in circles wit all de patwah dem learn.

JG,

You are so right. Because as soon as I board that plane home reality sets in and I'm thinking about what I have to do once I reach home, what bills need to be paid etc. And he tells me I worry to much. ha!...Sorry I can't be that worry and carefree..

Ah ha! Thats the problem. The issues dont go away, you just got to learn to let them not affect you as much.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Lita,

That's it, Marlita. I stayed at Andre's when I was there. A shack on the water with no electric. Electric in the main house if they didn't cut it off. We had water only when they didn't find out they were stealing it again and turn it off. There was little to do during the hot days. You can only walk up to the beach and swim for so long. The frustration of getting anywhere for anything. All of that and I was still at peace cause I was not worrying about much.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I struggle here. When I translate it to how I would survive in Jamaica, it's just not for me.

I'd love to own a big house in the Blue Mountains or something. Struggling is no fun anywhere.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

exactly my point JG...dem tief everyting..we can't do that

Lita, i feel the same way..as soon as i get on the plane nothing matters...

mek mi gi oonuh a joke...

i went to JA couple yrs ago and left my bran new car with my brother...how about he said he parked the car and someone hit it...i did not think about that car until the night before i had to come home...what a shame...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Sometimes I sit out on my back porch and think about climbing the poles and stealing some electric and cable. Pipe dreams.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Page 3?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Honey,

Ken & I are planning to retire back home also. We have numerous locations that we can build on around the country (due to my inherited property and his) But we will probably sell those and buy something between MoBay and Negril. Ken is very serious about getting this accomplished before our sons go to college, so they always have somewhere to stay if they go down for Spring Break or Vacation.

Life in JA can be hard...but we both believe a). our money will go MUCH further down there and b ). the U.S. is to dog- eat dog and you are working so hard just to make ends meet...you never really have an opportunity to enjoy it! We want to enjoy the 'Golden Years' of our lives and to us JA is the optimal place to do that!

We never really considered the U.S. our permanent location. JA is and will always be home for us.

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.