Dusy

how to send I-751

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm ready to send off my I-751 and was wondering if you guys just sent it regular mail or priority. I know you need a delivery receipt so I will do that. Also, I noticed on some of the other posts that a photocopy of your SSN card was sent. Is that necessary, or is it just another piece of evidence? That is something I don't have in my package. Thanks!!

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

I sent mine priority (or whatever you call the 2-3 day delivery thing) with delivery confirmation

I didnt include a photocopy of my ssn card, i dont think it's necessary (if they want my ssn they have it on the form and on the tax transcripts)

Goodluck and make sure you check out the new filing instructions! :star:

Animated flag courtesy of virtuallandmedia.com

I sent mine priority (or whatever you call the 2-3 day delivery thing) with delivery confirmation

I didnt include a photocopy of my ssn card, i dont think it's necessary (if they want my ssn they have it on the form and on the tax transcripts)

Thanks jeeleebee :) New filing instructions? Big differences??

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah, only Vermont and California process I-751's now, but last time I checked, USCIS put an article on that, but did not update the instructions, but either Texas or Nebraska forward these that causes more delay.

With the I-751, spent the 15 bucks for overnight, still took close to 14 months, but said the heck with it for the N-400, didn't feel like driving over to the post office, weighed it and plastered on stamps, no rush, but my wife had her interview 3 months and 17 days later. Do they intentionally delay applications sent overnight? Beats the hell out of me, but you gotta have those green cards to work and drive, no really big rush for USC.

Yeah, only Vermont and California process I-751's now, but last time I checked, USCIS put an article on that, but did not update the instructions, but either Texas or Nebraska forward these that causes more delay.

With the I-751, spent the 15 bucks for overnight, still took close to 14 months, but said the heck with it for the N-400, didn't feel like driving over to the post office, weighed it and plastered on stamps, no rush, but my wife had her interview 3 months and 17 days later. Do they intentionally delay applications sent overnight? Beats the hell out of me, but you gotta have those green cards to work and drive, no really big rush for USC.

Hey, thanks Nick!! I'm filing with the Vermont Service Center so I should be good. I just want to mail this package off this morning so I'm glad to know that was the only difference. :) I'm thinking I will just do it priority with delivery confirmation. After that, it's in their hands, so the waiting game begins. Have a nice day to all!!

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 28- Touched

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.