~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh and by the way i changed the infor on the morroc counsulate page :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Event Date

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

age.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm a little depressed the embassy doesn't respond to my emails in the last two weeks but responds in a day or two to others on here. WTH is up with that? :(

I know some consulates suck at answering emails and some rock.

I know this is a stupid question but are you using this address? consularcairoiv@state.gov

:unsure:

I email these two. The second one is for Mr. Herman who I was told is a higher up. He never responds and I don't know if he works there anymore.

Cairo IV Consular (consularcairoiv@state.gov); hermannrc@state.gov

Maybe they don't have anything to say as our case is too complicated and Waleed still has to get packet 3 in. Once he gets it in we should have some kind of formal answer like when our interview is scheduled. Hopefully it's this summer while I am there. I am bringing two books full of evidence. The letters Waleed sent me while he was in the military, and everything that lead up to us getting married 2.5 years ago and then of course there is the wedding stuff from this summer once I get there.

:star:

Oh and CONGRATS MOH! You are so lucky!!! :dance:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

[Maybe they don't have anything to say as our case is too complicated and Waleed still has to get packet 3 in. Once he gets it in we should have some kind of formal answer like when our interview is scheduled. Hopefully it's this summer while I am there. I am bringing two books full of evidence. The letters Waleed sent me while he was in the military, and everything that lead up to us getting married 2.5 years ago and then of course there is the wedding stuff from this summer once I get there.

:star:

Oh and CONGRATS MOH! You are so lucky!!! :dance:

thank you soo much (F) . i hope everything gets better with you. Did you call the counsulate for more information. Moroc is bad at returning Emails too. Have you called DOS? GOd willing everything will work itself out. its easy for me to say that now, but.................i understand how you feel.

mohammed

Event Date

age.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes I called DOS and all they told me was the packet was sent out April 6th to his home address and we're still on hold until the interview is scheduled. Waleed is working on it now but everything is pending that military release certificate. He can't get a passport or syndicate ID without it.

I haven't called them but when I arrive we are going there first thing to register me there. Can we make an info pass appointment at the embassy there? I don't have time with finals, and packing to move, and flying to Egypt to drive 8 hours to the local office here.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations Moh!! I really am so happy for you. I wish so much that my husband was getting the same call.....(Cairo embassy)

I really need some encouraging words :( I am so down, and so discouraged with this whole situation. I can't find anything that brings me joy now. I feel like I was so pumped when we found out that his interview was scheduled so fast after he sent in his paperwork. (I need to create a timeline). Then he had the interview, and we were so expecting they would keep his passport and that he would receive his visa maybe after a couple of weeks. Didn't happen.

The thing that makes me feel so bad is that EVERYTHING I have read about Cairo depicts them as the slowest consulate for processing. I honestly don't know how I will go this indefinite amount of time without him. I feel like I want to give up my home, pack all my things and just go to him, but I know that is not the answer. He has a good job, but you know the economy is different there, and he would never be able to support me. He has no A/C in his home, and I would die. Also, I have an 8 year old daughter who requires special care, and has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for the last 3 years, so I can't just leave her and there is no way I can move her to Egypt.

I just feel sick about this, like I want to cry all the time. I have an attorney, who is paid in full and offers no help or suggestions. I basically could have done this on my own. I just feel so bad, and when I talk to my husband every day I am reminded of what terrible working conditions he's under, and that makes me feel worse. He doesn't complain, but I know him well enough to know he's miserable, going to work at 7am and sometimes not getting home until 11pm.

I just feel so helpless, and feel like this nightmare will never end.

He has no criminal record, and fingerprints came back ok. I just don't understand.

Emily

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congratulations Moh!! I really am so happy for you. I wish so much that my husband was getting the same call.....(Cairo embassy)

I really need some encouraging words :( I am so down, and so discouraged with this whole situation. I can't find anything that brings me joy now. I feel like I was so pumped when we found out that his interview was scheduled so fast after he sent in his paperwork. (I need to create a timeline). Then he had the interview, and we were so expecting they would keep his passport and that he would receive his visa maybe after a couple of weeks. Didn't happen.

The thing that makes me feel so bad is that EVERYTHING I have read about Cairo depicts them as the slowest consulate for processing. I honestly don't know how I will go this indefinite amount of time without him. I feel like I want to give up my home, pack all my things and just go to him, but I know that is not the answer. He has a good job, but you know the economy is different there, and he would never be able to support me. He has no A/C in his home, and I would die. Also, I have an 8 year old daughter who requires special care, and has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for the last 3 years, so I can't just leave her and there is no way I can move her to Egypt.

I just feel sick about this, like I want to cry all the time. I have an attorney, who is paid in full and offers no help or suggestions. I basically could have done this on my own. I just feel so bad, and when I talk to my husband every day I am reminded of what terrible working conditions he's under, and that makes me feel worse. He doesn't complain, but I know him well enough to know he's miserable, going to work at 7am and sometimes not getting home until 11pm.

He has no criminal record, and fingerprints came back ok. I just don't understand.

Emily

I know what you're going through :( I'm so sorry it happened to you but honestly you are on the VERY final step!! Trust me time flies by even tho right now it seems like each day as long as a month...but try to be positive and have faith....keep yourself as busy as you can and think of him coming very soon but he is only taking care of things before he gets here...and I swear suddenly you wouldn't even know where the time went!! If you don't have anything to keep you busy; start anything to occupy you as much as you can. Remind yourself everyday you're almost there to motivate yourself :thumbs:

CONGRATULATIONS MOHAMMED!!!!!!!!! :dance:

lyrics.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Emily

I know what you're going through :( I'm so sorry it happened to you but honestly you are on the VERY final step!! Trust me time flies by even tho right now it seems like each day as long as a month...but try to be positive and have faith....keep yourself as busy as you can and think of him coming very soon but he is only taking care of things before he gets here...and I swear suddenly you wouldn't even know where the time went!! If you don't have anything to keep you busy; start anything to occupy you as much as you can. Remind yourself everyday you're almost there to motivate yourself :thumbs:

CONGRATULATIONS MOHAMMED!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes I feel like I am a big pity party.

I hopped over to another thread all about A/P and felt even worse, but none of them were from Egypt, so maybe ours will be different.

But...I did get concerned about something else.....how do I know if the 221g means they are sending our case back to the USCIS and requesting revocation? I've read some horror stories about that too. I think I need to call DOS.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

WHAT DO YOU ALL MEAN BY 'TOUCHES' ?? Is there somewhere I can go to find out where I stand in AP??? I call the state department and they just tell me "pending administrative processing" and won't tell me anything else. CAN IT BE?? SOMEONE FOUND A WAY TO FIND OUT THE PROGRESS??

PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Husband's appointment in Amman November 9, 2008.

Still awaiting AP. May 7,2009

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Emily

Emily

I feel the same way a lot of times too, I can be happy and normal. Then I just feel that it's all a nightmare, Just do my best to make it through every day. (F)

Moh

Congratulations !!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
WHAT DO YOU ALL MEAN BY 'TOUCHES' ?? Is there somewhere I can go to find out where I stand in AP??? I call the state department and they just tell me "pending administrative processing" and won't tell me anything else. CAN IT BE?? SOMEONE FOUND A WAY TO FIND OUT THE PROGRESS??

PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Husband's appointment in Amman November 9, 2008.

Still awaiting AP. May 7,2009

Touches indicate a "last updated date" change on unapproved petitions at USCIS.

BUT

There is a place to check AP for Amman, you need his Passport number

http://212.38.142.2/niv_stat.asp

Keep checking. It will show up as not valid if youre still in. When you are out, it will give you status.

Good Luck

Emily,

Its ok to have a pity party sometimes. :) Who else would understand but us?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

11:59 tonight. :dancing: Im not at all excited :P

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

11:59 tonight. :dancing: Im not at all excited :P

You are too funny...I bet you are about to explode...I am feeling excited and it's not even my husband coming so I can't imagine how it will feel when it is actually my turn! Are you working today? I probably won't be able to work the day he arrives! I'm so happy for you Lisa...I pray all his flights go smoothly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.