Tiggles

I-130 and I-485 together?

25 posts in this topic

Can i mail out the I-130 and the I-485 forms together, same package? I know this won't speed things up but i've just finish up with the forms and i was googling a bit and i saw it mentioned somewhere. Is it possible? And if YES do you mail it in the same place?

Filed: Other Country: Austria
Timeline
Can i mail out the I-130 and the I-485 forms together, same package? I know this won't speed things up but i've just finish up with the forms and i was googling a bit and i saw it mentioned somewhere. Is it possible? And if YES do you mail it in the same place?

Yeah it's probably better to do it together!

Yeah it's probably better to do it together!

Can i get a little more details. So i mail these both forms to the Chicago lockbox right.

Your profile states K1, you are posting in the K3 forum, and are asking about filing AOS stateside? No one can answer your questions without more information.

I'm K-3, the K-1 was a mistake sorry, haven't figured out how to change it just yet. I'm a newbie so i'm still on shaky ground. Yes i'm filing for AOS. We just got married and i'm trying to figure out what to do next. I'm reading around a bit.

I've filled out the necessary forms and such.

You say you just got married, so I take it you are trying to get a K3 visa to come to the US right? If this is the case, just mail the I130 at this point. AOS comes later, once you are in the US, you need to adjust status with the I-485. But you are a long way from that.

To pursue a K3, you file the I130 and the I129F (you can file them both together in the same package). Once the I129F is approved, it will be forwarded to NVC, then to the consulate, where you will be interviewed. If successful, you will be granted a visa, come to the US, then file the I485 to adjust status.

Read the guides for further details (click the tab at the top labeled guides).

Also, at this point, you might want to think about getting a CR1 visa instead of the K3. CR1 grants you permanent residency upon coming to the US (you get your green card, SSN, and can work right away), but it takes a bit longer to get than a K3. A K3 requires AOS to get PR status (at the cost of $1010) and filing for work auth (EAD) before you can get an SSN and work. CR1s overall costs a bit less.

Your profile states K1, you are posting in the K3 forum, and are asking about filing AOS stateside? No one can answer your questions without more information.

I'm K-3, the K-1 was a mistake sorry, haven't figured out how to change it just yet. I'm a newbie so i'm still on shaky ground. Yes i'm filing for AOS. We just got married and i'm trying to figure out what to do next. I'm reading around a bit.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

You are a K3 that's filing for AOS or are you applying for the visa K3? Where are you living? Where are you now? Perhaps fill in your timeline so there is less guessing.

You are a K3 that's filing for AOS or are you applying for the visa K3? Where are you living? Where are you now? Perhaps fill in your timeline so there is less guessing.

My Husband and i have just finish filling out the forms, double checking right now. We got married last month.We live in New York. Sorry for having you guessing, i just didn't figure out the time line stuff right away :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The I-130 is not necessary, only the I-485 in your case (which I gather is a K3 adjusting status - not sure about that bit about getting married last month that doesn't seem possible). See this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Edited by Jenn!

Then why would you need a visa? Visas are for entering the country. Are you planning to go back? What visa did you enter on?

No lol not filing for Visa. Ok don't laugh and don't be fustrated with me. I entered on a visitor visa B-2. I really have to change that profile. Sorry for the confusion, i seem to be saying sorry a lot. I'm working on my profile. I was wondering, so we have finished filling out the forms. Do we mail it all together or separately.

The I-130 is not necessary, only the I-485 in your case (which I gather is a K3 adjusting status - not sure about that bit about getting married last month that doesn't seem possible). See this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Yes, file them together if adjusting status from a tourist visa.

Did you have immigrant intent at your last entry to the U.S.?

Ok Got it, now where do i mail it to the Chicago lockbox or something.

Edited by Nissy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, file them together if adjusting status from a tourist visa.

Did you have immigrant intent at your last entry to the U.S.?

Ok Got it, now where do i mail it to the Chicago lockbox or something.

Yes, the the Chicago lockbox. This is the appropriate guide for your situation: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

Disregard the bolded bit above, I didn't understand your situation correctly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.