4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well it has been a while since I have posted. However my 2 years of conditional residence are coming to an end and I need to file my I-751. Just wanted to confirm I have everything.

Here is what is in my package

I-751 Form

Copies of:

Mortgage

Car Loans

Joint Federal Tax Filings

Joint Bank Accounts Statements

Is there anything else anyone would suffest putting in there?

I-130 Filed June 18,05

NOA1 I-130 June 21,05

Touched December 30, 2005 YAY!!!!

Approved I-130 December 30, 2005

AOS Fee/Forms Received January 18, 2006

AOS/Visa Fee sent to NVC January 25, 2006

Interview in Montreal October 30, 2006

Activate Visa POE-Montreal October 31, 2006 WOO HOO!!!!

I-129F Filed July 5, 05

NOA1 July 28, 05

I-129F TOUCHED August 4,05 (COULD IT BE?? NO!)

APPROVED 1-129F August 11, 05

Case arrives Montreal September 12, 2005

Medical September 16, 2005

Packet 3 from Montreal September 23,2005

Returned Packet 3 September 23, 2005

Transfered Case to Vancouver Consulate November 3, 2005

Interview in Vancouver November 9, 2005

Visa Received November 9, 2005

Activating POE Toronto November 25, 2005

I-765 Employment Auth Mailed Package November 28, 2005

Rec'd Novermber 29, 2005

NOA1 Received December 2, 2005

Biometrics Appt. January 11 2006 DONE

EAD Card Received January 24,2006

I-751 Remove Conditions

Filed I-751 August 4, 2008 (AND NOW THE WAIT BEGINS)

Biometrics Appt September 4, 2008

TOUCHED September 5, 2008

I included photos and affadavits from two friends (I wrote them and they signed). Make sure your cover letter explains everything you are sending. It is a good idea to have it all organized as you have detailed in your cover letter so they can find everything. It also helps you to insure everything is sent.

Best of luck.

copies of your:

GC (back and front)

state ID's or driver license (husband's dl, too)

insurance

I included some copies of receipts we both purchase showing our names together and from our dental, hospital, eye care, our airline tickets, some pictures, and some envelope letters as proof that we live together in the same address. I even included the receipt he and i purchase in the internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

For your joint tax returns, I highly suggest tax transcripts from the IRS instead of copies of tax returns. We got a RFE because we just sent copies of our tax returns, but did send transcripts with the RFE and eventually got approved.

If you have life insurance policies that show each other as the primary beneficiary, that helps too.

Good luck with your I-751.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.