jury

POLICE CLEARANCE????????

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI GUYS

I'M VERY NEW TO THIS SITE, I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME ABOUT MY PROBLEMS!! :crying:

ME AND MY FIANCE IS WORKING WITH OUR PAPER WORKS, IT'S BEEN 3MONTHS NOW OF WAITING FOR OUR NOA2.

GUYS, IF YOU KNOW ALSO ABOUT THIS POLICE CLEARANCE ISSUE.. I BEEN WORKING BEFORE IN JAPAN, I STAYED THERE FOR 1 YEAR, AND IN THAT 1 YEAR, DO I STILL NEED A POLICE CLEARANCE FROM JAPAN?

AND GUYS MAY I KNOW ALSO IF ALL OF YOU HERE ARE PROCESSING YOUR PAPERS ALONE OR DID YOU HIRE SOME AGENCY TO DO IT FOR YOU?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

I APPRECIATE IF YOU WILL SAY SOMTHIN ABOUT THIS MATTER!!!!!!!!!!

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
HI GUYS

ME AND MY FIANCE IS WORKING WITH OUR PAPER WORKS, IT'S BEEN 3MONTHS NOW OF WAITING FOR OUR NOA2.

GUYS, IF YOU KNOW ALSO ABOUT THIS POLICE CLEARANCE ISSUE.. I BEEN WORKING BEFORE IN JAPAN, I STAYED THERE FOR 1 YEAR, AND IN THAT 1 YEAR, DO I STILL NEED A POLICE CLEARANCE FROM JAPAN?

AND GUYS MAY I KNOW ALSO IF ALL OF YOU HERE ARE PROCESSING YOUR PAPERS ALONE OR DID YOU HIRE SOME AGENCY TO DO IT FOR YOU?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!

most of us here are filing our paper work by ourselves....we talk to each other and help each other out...lawyers are waste of money and time...basically u cud do everything on ur own if u read and implement the instructions given to u correctly...a lawyer is not going to do anything different...and most of the instructions are straight forward to follow...any doubts, we clarify on this great forum..Good Luck!!

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
HI GUYS

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!

HI GUYS

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!

Basically for most cases waiting time for NOA2 is 3-4 months, so just be patient okay? Since you worked in Japan for a year i think it is required to get a clearance based from my friend's experience who worked before in Taiwan.

Honeyleen

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

better do it by yourself than hiring an immigration attorney or going to any immigration agency... most of the VJ members did it by themselves including me :P i know you can do it!!! ;)

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Filed: Timeline

better do it by yourself than hiring an immigration attorney or going to any immigration agency... most of the VJ members did it by themselves including me :P i know you can do it!!! ;)

In terms of hiring a lawyer or doing everything yourself, that is entirely up to you and that decision should be made by you and your fiance.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, hire a lawyer. If you feel you can do it yourself, then do it yourself and save yourself money. It's all about personal preference.

You mentioned waiting for a few months already... take into account that you are in the summer which means slower processing times for all service centers.

Being patient is the most difficult part, but you WILL get through it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
HI GUYS

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!

hi Jury, we're having the same waiting period. we've been waiting for almost 3 months and tama nga sabi nila,waiting time for us Vermont filers normally takes 3-4 months so be patient lang.. we didn't hire a lawyer too,we just did it by ourselves. My fiancee spent most of his time getting the paperworks done and we communicate via chat. I also had the same problem as you,mas complicated pa nga yung sakin kc i worked in Singapore and Malaysia tapos di pa straight yung contract ko,but i still need to secure a PC,kaya im sure you'll need that lalo pa't 1 year ka sa Japan. Word of advice, don't get a lawyer kc dagdag expenses lang yan. Halos lahat dito di na naghire ng lawyer or agency,kaya nyo ng gawin yan kahit kayo lang ng fiancee mo. :thumbs: If you have other questions,feel free to ask. Lots of VJers would be happy to help,sa kanila din ako kumukuha ng advice.. :thumbs:

Hope this would help.. Wishing you luck and God bless!! :star:

Jenny

~ IR-5 Timeline (Mom) ~
08/07/14 - sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
08/11/14 - delivered
08/11/14 - Priority Date
08/12/14 - NOA1
08/14/14 - check cashed!
09/18/14 - NOA2 (approved!)
--NVC--
10/09/14 - NVC Welcome Letter via email (case # MNL2014xxxxxx)
10/10/14 - completed DS-261 (choice of agent)

10/15/14 - AOS fee paid
10/23/14 - NVC received DS-261 (per phone call to NVC)
10/28/14 - IV fee paid
11/05/14 - AOS & IV package sent
11/10/14 - NVC received package
01/05/15 - Case complete! (per phone call to NVC)
01/14/15 - received P4 (Interview) Letter via email

--MANILA---

01/26/15 - Medical at St. Lukes

02/10/15 - Interview (canceled)

02/09,10,11/15 - 3 Day Sputum Test

04/14/15 - Culture Test (passed!)

04/20/15 - Immunization

04/23/15 - Interview (PASSED!! Thank you God!!)

05/17/15 - US arrival! (POE: JFK)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes, you need a police certificate from Japan. You'll have to apply at the Japanese Embassy. The following website will give you an idea of what's needed to apply, but I suggest you check with the Embassy just to make sure. I hear it takes 2 to 3 months, so be prepared to wait.

http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/foreig...oue.htm#kaigai2

I know the waiting can be difficult, but like the others have said, be patient. I hope all goes well. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.