USA1138

What has your adjustment to life in the USA been like?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What has it been like for you here in the USA?

Ive been here for 1 year and 4 months now and my life here in the US is great. Great in a sense that I have my husband here with me and we are building our own home. I have sooo many ups and downs and struggled with homesickness the first several months since i got here that without my husbands support would've really made me insane..lol

After alittle over a year now, I feel like US is my home too although I will always have the Philippines as my primary Home :^)

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong?

Everything is defintly not the same. My lifestyle is not the same anymore, I dont have that much friends here in the US, I dont have family here and about our love?

yeah, it's not the same. We grow more and more inlove with each other every single day. We discuss, argue and fight sometimes (who doesnt?) -and sometimes most of the times- but after all these misunderstandings and fights, realization comes in- Realization that we cant live without each other, that we need each other and that we love each other.

What if any problems have you had in your relationship and how have you overcome them?

Our marriage is no different than any other marriages. Fil/Am, Am/Indian, Indian/African- There will always be problems, obstacles, fights etc.. What is different though and (I think) is really common problem with interracial couples is the Cultural Differences. I can only speak for Filipinas- We are very sensitive, conservative (Atleast I am) and family oriented that some people who doesnt know where we are coming from would easily offend us and this is just one example of cultural differences.

How did we overcome it? We accept each other for who, what they are and (This is very important) accept them for what they are not. We'll easier said than done,I agree, me and my husband is still learning about each other- most we love but some we dont like BUT because we are committed on this marriage, we are learning to accept all of them.

What do you miss back home?

I MISS EVERYTHING! One of the sacrifices I did just to be with my Husband was to leave my Dog in the Philippines. To some, this may not really be a big deal, to me it is. Ofcourse I miss my family and friends, but I can talk to them anytime but my poor baby, he doenst understand why I left him, and I cant talk to him or anything like that. :( I never thought that I would be able to leave him for any reason but my love for my husband is stronger than anything else including my love for my pet and bestfriend Happy. I terribly miss him and I think about him every single day.

I also miss the food. Never thought I would but I do. Miss Jollibee, miss Leche Flan (YUM!!), miss my fave siomai and Halo-Halo. I even miss KFC! The KFC here is not as good as in the Philippines :)

How long after you have been here did you wait until you returned back home to visit? Was it just as hard to leave the second time to come back to the USA?

Hopefully we will go back home next year 2009.. Wishing, Hoping and Praying

What did you think life would be like here in the USA before you came here and now that you are here what do you think? What would you tell someone life is like here?

When I was still in the Philippines, I thought life would be great! I forgot to think about the adjustment, homesickness, marriage problems. Basically, I just thought about "Happy Thoughts". I thought "Yeah, I may have some problems but as long as I have my husband, it will all be ok" and I was wrong and right.

Wrong because I expected an almost perfect life and Right because all i need to go through all my struggles is my Husband (Ofcourse second to God).

I would tell someone life here is just as same as their life in the Philippines except I have lesser friends, I dont go out that much, you have to learn how to drive, no maids (!!!), everything is expensive, Manicure and pedicure is expensive! lol and whoever invented microwave oven was a genius! hahaha

Do you find our foods to be the same or totally different?

The food is not the same but its not totally different. Servings (restaurants) are huge, burgers are great, hotdogs are salty, McDonald is fantastic, and the desserts here are good!

Has any of his/her friends offended you in anyway and how did you handle it?

Nope, they're all very friendly and nice

Have you had any racial issues?

None

Is your husband/wife everything you had hoped for? Has anything changed?

My husband is everything I had hoped for and more! He's the best guy in the world! He's not perfect and so am I but I love everything about him. We discovered flaws along the way and keep discovering alot of stuff about each other ,negative or positive, we just need to be strong together and never give up

What have you enjoyed the most about being here in the USA? What have you not enjoyed?

I've enjoyed the travels I've had with my husband, Disneyland, Seaworld, Shopping, Restaurants. I also enjoy the fact that we can return stuff that we bought without any hassle and questions.

I dont enjoy how expensive almost everything here is, I dont enjoy the Taxi (so expensive!), I dont enjoy the waitress/waiters asking how my food is every 2 minutes, I dont enjoy the sales calls/call center agent calls, I dont enjoy the doctors (theyre not that friendly), I dont enjoy how you need to get appointment to go see a dentist or a doctor only to be given a date a month away, I dont enjoy the Tip to servers (hahaha.. Im a Filipino- we usually dont tip) and I dont enjoy that Im thousands and thousand of miles away to my Family and friends.

I am asking this to all of you because recently while trying to book my flight, the travel agent stated he has been dealing with the Philippine culture since 1964 and he flat out stated that my marriage would break down in 9-12 months. That I should hold off on Marrying her and see how the first 60 days go. Not to have a child within the first year. This shocked me to be hearing this. He went on stating that she will hear things she does not like while being here. She will keep things in. She will miss her family too much. She will realize that people here are not as friendly as back home. Family is not as close to one another here as back home. It will all start to build within her until about that 9-12 month period and she will ask to go home. He said he has seen it time and time again over the past 40 years of booking flights for people getting married to filippina girls. I was silent on the phone. I was in shock.

I agree on what that agent told you but not a hundred percent. Yes, he's right about missing the family too much, and yes some Filipina would think that some people here are not as friendly as back home, and yes, we know that most families here are not as close to one another as back in the Philippines but all these stuff you can get over with and/or will come to accept eventually. I disagree about marriage break down in 9-12 months and that you should hold off your marriage because of the reasons he gave you. When you marry a person- Its not because of this or that but because you love her/him and could not imagine yourself being without the other person.

Problems will always be there, married or not. Its a whole lot different if you face these trials in life with someone you love and loves you back. Life will still be hard but easier to deal with as long as you have your wife/husband with you. If you trully and 100% love her, marry her and tell her how you cant wait to face life's surprises together :thumbs:

Edited by Thersch

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further

from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

* July 19 '06 - I-129F Sent to TSC

* Aug. 08 '06 - NOA1 Received

* Sept. 19 '06 - NOA2 Approved

* Sept. 24 '06 - NOA2 Received

* Oct. 12 '06 - Left NVC and Sent to USE in Manila

* Oct. 18 '06 - Received the Letter fr. NVC

* Oct. 23 '06 - USE in Manila Received our Case

* Dec. 22 '06 - Packet 4

* Jan. 24 '06 - CFO Seminar

* Jan.25-26 '07- Medical Exam

* Feb. 15 '07 - INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

* Feb. 22 '07 - Visa Recieved

* March 2 '07 - Fly to San Francisco to meet my Munchkins!!!

* March 7 '07 - Fly together to Memphis (Home)

* March 15 '07 - Wedding Day

AOS Journey

* May 22 '07 - AOS Sent to Chicago

* May 23 '07 - Chicago Received

* May 29 '07 - NOA1 Received

* June 18 '07 - Biometrics

* July 16 '07 - Case Transferred to CSC

What has it been like for you here in the USA? SO FAR LIFE IS GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong? HAVE TO MAKE A LOT OF ADJUSTMENTS WHICH ARE NOT SO HARD AND YES ICAN SAY I AM MORE INLOVE WITH MY HUSBAND. HE MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME. THERE ARE DIFFERENCES OF COURSE BUT WE ARE STILL STANDING, AND OUR BOND IS STRONGER THAN EVER

What if any problems have you had in your relationship and how have you overcome them? TALK TALK TALK. NO SULKING AND NEVER GO TO SLEEP WITHOUT RESOLVING IT.

What do you miss back home? FAMILY, FOOD, WORK, THE SIMPLICITY OF PROVINCIAL LIFE

How long after you have been here did you wait until you returned back home to visit? Was it just as hard to leave the second time to come back to the USA? ARRIVED HERE OCTOER 3, 2007 AND HAVE NO PLANS TO GO BACK TO THE PI UNTIL CHRISTMAS OF 2009. MY HUSBAND IS MY FAMILY NOW AND HECOMES FIRST

What did you think life would be like here in the USA before you came here and now that you are here what do you think? What would you tell someone life is like here? THAT LIFE HERE IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM BACK THERE AND IT IS SO TRUE

Do you find our foods to be the same or totally different? VERY DIFFERENT

Has any of his/her friends offended you in anyway and how did you handle it? NOHave you had any racial issues? NO

Is your husband/wife everything you had hoped for? Has anything changed? MY HUSBAND IS EVERYTHING I HAD HOPED FOR AND MORE.What have you enjoyed the most about being here in the USA? TRAVELLING WITH MY HUSBAND AND DRIVING What have you not enjoyed? CALLING THE 800 NUMBER AND BE ON HOLD FOREVERI am asking this to all of you because recently while trying to book my flight, the travel agent stated he has been dealing with the Philippine culture since 1964 and he flat out stated that my marriage would break down in 9-12 months. That I should hold off on Marrying her and see how the first 60 days go. Not to have a child within the first year. :o This shocked me to be hearing this. He went on stating that she will hear things she does not like while being here. She will keep things in. She will miss her family too much. She will realize that people here are not as friendly as back home. Family is not as close to one another here as back home. It will all start to build within her until about that 9-12 month period and she will ask to go home. He said he has seen it time and time again over the past 40 years of booking flights for people getting married to filippina girls. I was silent on the phone. I was in shock.

IF YOU LOVE YOUR FIANCEE, TRULY LOVE HER, YOU WILL NOT LET THE OPINION OF ONE PERSON CAST ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP. MY 60 YEAR OLD AUNT HAS BEEN MARRIED TO AN AMERICAN FOR 40 YEARS NOW AND THEY STILL LOOK VERY MUCH INLOVE. I SAY LOVE CONQUERS ALL . THERE WILL BE PROBLEMS AHEAD BUT ALL RELATIONSHIPS HAS THAT, WHETHER YOU ARE WITH A FILIPINA OR NOT. ITS A NATURAL CONSEQUENCE OF MARRIAGE. GO FORTH AND BE HAPPY.

GOODLUCK

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

Well for my wife, it has been no problems with culture shock, or missing PI. My friends and co-workers are mostly filipino, so It is me who has to adjust to their culture, esp the language. I mean she had a job interview, and the lady spoke Ilocano to her,hehe. Where I work, it is 90% Filipino. She buys her gulay from Ilocanos at the farmers market. The only thing, is that the cost of living is super high here, and no public transportation. Also she misses Jolibee, too.

Thanks for the replys so far. :thumbs:

you're welcome.. :blush:

I have to speak for Ruchie because she is not home...

In all Honesty! The first year will be rough, but that is in all relationships. Not just American/Filipino....

I think Homesickness would be the most difficult problem she will face... You will have to really be supportive and understanding for her. You have to remember that she left her family thousands of miles away and now she is in this strange country.

I remember one of the first things that Ruchie noticed about Americans was How Blunt and Outspoken we are...... I told her not to take things personal or be too sensitive ...

You will have your ups as well as your downs, but with hardwork and understanding you will make the transition alot easier.

I wouldn't let what the travel agent get to you. Don't let anyone put doubts in your head. It's only going to give you negative thoughts of your Fiancee or wife.

I wish you both Luck, but remember "Give her the benefit of the doubt".... :thumbs:

i totally agree with you! :thumbs: :thumbs:

:blush:

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Now that the reality is here I juat wanted to (hopefully honestly) hear from some of you out there.---IN ALL HONESTY!!!!

What has it been like for you here in the USA?If someone asking me how I like living here I always say IT'S OKAY might be yes or no...my husband know from the start the reason why I left my family in the philippines is only because of him.

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong? YES, we encountered a lot of problem for the past few years and we are married for almost a year now BUT i love him everyday especially now that we have little angel...

What if any problems have you had in your relationship and how have you overcome them?I am quiet when I felt something wrong BUT thanks GOD because my husband is always there for me to think and guess what is wrong But lately I realized that nothing will happen if I will be like that forever.

What do you miss back home?FAMILY FRIENDS AND MY COUNTRY

How long after you have been here did you wait until you returned back home to visit? Was it just as hard to leave the second time to come back to the USA?

What did you think life would be like here in the USA before you came here and now that you are here what do you think? What would you tell someone life is like here?I knew from the start what kind of life here and the way of living but my husband is US citizen so no choice need to leave my country

Do you find our foods to be the same or totally different? totally different and I dont think that you will find anywhere in the philippines that almost everyday the food is DING like here

it never happen

Have you had any racial issues?Oh I remember one time...someone told me that I am not fuc---ng american then as what I said I am glad that I am not if I will be like them NO THANKS!!!!

Is your husband/wife everything you had hoped for? Has anything changed?I Love the whole him so i never hope

What have you enjoyed the most about being here in the USA? What have you not enjoyed?as long as my family here is complete that most matter to me

I would say F-ck what the travel agent said lol hes probably some old fart who got divorced 3 times and smokes and drinks way to much and is very uhappy in his life so he doesnt want to see anyone else happy either lol many american are like that to if there not happy they dont like to see other happy:-)

Now that the reality is here I juat wanted to (hopefully honestly) hear from some of you out there.---IN ALL HONESTY!!!!

What has it been like for you here in the USA?If someone asking me how I like living here I always say IT'S OKAY might be yes or no...my husband know from the start the reason why I left my family in the philippines is only because of him.

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong? YES, we encountered a lot of problem for the past few years and we are married for almost a year now BUT i love him everyday especially now that we have little angel...

What if any problems have you had in your relationship and how have you overcome them?I am quiet when I felt something wrong BUT thanks GOD because my husband is always there for me to think and guess what is wrong But lately I realized that nothing will happen if I will be like that forever.

What did you think life would be like here in the USA before you came here and now that you are here what do you think? What would you tell someone life is like here?I knew from the start what kind of life here and the way of living but my husband is US citizen so no choice need to leave my country

Do you find our foods to be the same or totally different? totally different and I dont think that you will find anywhere in the philippines that almost everyday the food is DING like here

it never happen

Have you had any racial issues?Oh I remember one time...someone told me that I am not fuc---ng american then as what I said I am glad that I am not if I will be like them NO THANKS!!!!

Is your husband/wife everything you had hoped for? Has anything changed?I Love the whole him so i never hope

What have you enjoyed the most about being here in the USA? What have you not enjoyed?as long as my family here is complete that most matter to me

I would say F-ck what the travel agent said lol hes probably some old fart who got divorced 3 times and smokes and drinks way to much and is very uhappy in his life so he doesnt want to see anyone else happy either lol many american are like that to if there not happy they dont like to see other happy:-)

WELL SAID DAVID HEHEHE!

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Hi I'm from the UK and I expect to feel homesick and lost in the US even though I have been there to visit my husband over 20 times during the past 5 years. Everyone who goes through a huge process like this will feel some anxiety and difficulty no matter where they are from.

There is a theory about big life transitions which says that after the 'honeymoon' phase (the first couple of months) reality sets in and there is sometimes a real low point around 6-8 months in from the big change. That applies to any big change from a new job, a new partner, a new baby etc - I imagine it definitely applies to a new country and a new marriage. The important thing is to be aware that this low point might hit you and not to be scared that it means the end of everything. Some advice suggests not making any major decisions around that time and to plan a treat or something nice for that 6-8 month period. A holiday perhaps?

There's a really interesting graph on this webpage (about half way down) which shows the types of emotions people in transition typically go through.

http://www.eoslifework.co.uk/transmgt1.htm

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't think people just from one country or culture will experience difficulties with this kind of huge life change. We're all going to go through it in various degrees.

Edited by lsma

it never happen

And he probably is a one legged cross dresser too...... Damn Travel Agent! :devil::devil:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all,

Now that the reality is here I juat wanted to (hopefully honestly) hear from some of you out there.

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong?

What if any problems have you had in your relationship and how have you overcome them?

What did you think life would be like here in the USA before you came here and now that you are here what do you think? What would you tell someone life is like here?

What have you enjoyed the most about being here in the USA? What have you not enjoyed?

I am asking this to all of you because recently while trying to book my flight, the travel agent stated he has been dealing with the Philippine culture since 1964 and he flat out stated that my marriage would break down in 9-12 months. That I should hold off on Marrying her and see how the first 60 days go. Not to have a child within the first year. :o This shocked me to be hearing this. He went on stating that she will hear things she does not like while being here. She will keep things in. She will miss her family too much. She will realize that people here are not as friendly as back home. Family is not as close to one another here as back home. It will all start to build within her until about that 9-12 month period and she will ask to go home. He said he has seen it time and time again over the past 40 years of booking flights for people getting married to filippina girls. I was silent on the phone. I was in shock.

After I hung the phone up I felt my heart drop. I had a talk with her(fiance) that night about all these issues that the travel agent raised. She stated this is her decision. She understands fully what she is doing and as long as I am by her side, she will be fine. She stated we can build our own family here(USA) and raise them the way we want.

That is why I asked the above questions. If you would please answer what you wish and feel free to comment on what the travel agent said after.

Thanks ~J~

why so shocked? it sounds pretty on besides the fact that it references "filippina girls". i think this would apply to anyone from any country that is getting ready to make such major changes in their lives. lets not forget that the divorce rate is high in the US as it is. you're increasing the odds because of culture shock. i'm not trying to be negative but i can see this happening to anyone. i'm sure if you left everything behind, you would really miss your ppl back home too. it will always be in the back of her head that she can go back to where her family is and that they love her as well. this will also come to the front of her mind when times are hard. all you can do is try to be there for her, give her lots of lambing, keep her safe, try to talk abt things so she doesnt hold it in until breaking point, and love her. hopefully, when things are hard, all of those things will outweigh the desire to go home.

never let the words of another weigh heavy on your mind, they will make the time sound like the tick-tock of impending doom. waking up to an angle each morning makes any incompatible moment seem minuscule.

all you can do is try to be there for her, give her lots of lambing, keep her safe, try to talk abt things so she doesnt hold it in until breaking point, and love her.

works for me.. :blush:

melts my heart.. :blush:

lambing is the answer.. oh yeah! :thumbs:

:blush:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Timeline

In my case, I fell that I have matured in many ways especially in decision makings. I can't just think for myself but also consider about my husband's thoughts about things.

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong? N/A

We have few adjustments in the first few weeks and until now we still do. The good thing about us is we talk about it with open mind. I listen to him, he listens to me. I am not afraid to admit that its my fault and I ask for forgiveness and try not to do it again. He does the same thing too. We analyze the problem and think of the solution instead of giving up.

My family and food. I missed my friends too but they are quite a distance from where I was working. So it's all the same we still communicate.

How long after you have been here did you wait until you returned back home to visit?

My husband told me I can go home this december or after I got the GC hopefully soon.

I did not expect more when I was in the PI. I know it will be though and different. Well, it is as what I have expected. Well, if someone ask me I will tell them that is not easy. Take a lot of courage. You have to think about it carefully. This is real life not a fantasy.

I think it is just the same food in most cases. The difference is just how we cook it. I cook our food in filipino ways.Fortunately, my husband does not complain because he does not know how to cook either.

One time, with a filipina.She is not that friendly.

nope

He is the same man I know in most ways. We talked almost everyday when I was in the Philippines. There are few differences when we are together. Nothing major though.

I enjoy being my husband and his family. In AR, I do not enjoy the heat.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
I have to speak for Ruchie because she is not home...

In all Honesty! The first year will be rough, but that is in all relationships. Not just American/Filipino....

I think Homesickness would be the most difficult problem she will face... You will have to really be supportive and understanding for her. You have to remember that she left her family thousands of miles away and now she is in this strange country.

I remember one of the first things that Ruchie noticed about Americans was How Blunt and Outspoken we are...... I told her not to take things personal or be too sensitive ...

You will have your ups as well as your downs, but with hardwork and understanding you will make the transition alot easier.

I wouldn't let what the travel agent get to you. Don't let anyone put doubts in your head. It's only going to give you negative thoughts of your Fiancee or wife.

I wish you both Luck, but remember "Give her the benefit of the doubt".... :thumbs:

I agree with Daruma,, I too personally struggled in the first year of marriage.. You know two people came from 2 different cultures, what will you expect? 1st year is tough and until now we are still coping or adjusting with each other. We are married for almost 3 years now and yet sometimes I feel like I am too sensitive or he is very blunt.. I am always around with american because of my job.. I dont live in the US right now but all the people at work are americans... Somehow I can relate now with them.. it is what you called language barrier.. Listening and communication is the important key to make this relationship work..

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What has it been like for you here in the USA? My life has been alot easier and not much worry-free since I have my hubby by my side. It is different in a sense that you don't have to deal with nosy relatives or neighbors and having a stable set of laws to protect you.

For those of you that have been here for about a year now, is everything the same for you? Is your love still as strong? I have been here for 11 months. Our love is stronger and I have learned so much more about my hubby. Of course there are times when we don't agree on each other, but that's part of marriage.

What if any problems have you had in your relationship and how have you overcome them? Problems arise in any kind of relationship. It is up to you to make compromise. Yes compromising helps a lot. Also understanding and trust is key to get through any obstacle. Learn to be patient and don't lurk on any issue for long.

What do you miss back home? Ahhh, a lot. My mom and my siblings. Jeepneys. Road trips to the province. Especially filipino food: sinigang, bulalo, inihaw na isda, pinakbet, kare-kare, ginataang gulay, pancit malabon, puto, etc etc. Now I'm hungry. I don't get to eat much filipino food here cause we are so far from any Asian or Filipino stores. Well of course I miss the Filipino culture, like during the Holiday season. I didn't have any culture shock or anything since I've lived here for 10 months before.

How long after you have been here did you wait until you returned back home to visit? Was it just as hard to leave the second time to come back to the USA? Haven't been back to the Phils yet.

What did you think life would be like here in the USA before you came here and now that you are here what do you think? What would you tell someone life is like here? Life here is a lot more convenient. If you're really determined to do something, then no one will stop you as long as you abide by the law. If you work for it, you will get it. Not like in the Philippines for some people, even if you've worked all your life, you still can't get what you want. It might be a lot different from where you were born and raised, but it's definitely worth when you're with your spouse, establishing your family life.

Do you find our foods to be the same or totally different? Totally different. My hubby says some of our foods are gross-looking/smelling. We live in Southeast Texas so wherever you look, there's always a Mexican restaurant. I've also learned to love this kind of food, but also, burgers, subs, and microwavable foods are always in the menu. haha!

Has any of his/her friends offended you in anyway and how did you handle it? Nope.

Have you had any racial issues? None so far. Maybe not in my face.

Is your husband/wife everything you had hoped for? Has anything changed? Yes, he is a really good man with a solid ground. He is a good provider. He makes me laugh (and cry sometimes). There are times when we disagree on a few things, we argue, and I tend to be a beeyotch, but so far so good. Our marriage is stronger. He has always been vocal about any thing.

What have you enjoyed the most about being here in the USA? What have you not enjoyed? Being with or close to my husband 24/7. We do not have to see each other online anymore. Hah! Going to movies and eating out every week. Although the extreme heat and thunderstorms are definitely not enjoyable.

K3 Visa - To Texas from Philippines

01-xx-2007 - I-130 & I-129F Sent

01-30-2007 - I-130 NOA1 Received

02-12-2007 - I-129F NOA1 Received

02-21-2007 - I-129F NOA2 Received (Transfer Notice)

06-25-2007 - I-129F NOA3 Received (Approval Notice)

07-26-2007 - I-130 NOA2 Received (Approval Notice)

06-12-2007 - K3 Packet Received

07-23-2007 - Medical

08-06-2007 - Visa Interview

08-09-2007 - Visa and Mysterious Brown Envelope Pick Up

08-29-2007 - Finally Reunited

EAD (soooo bored!)

05-14-2008 - EAD Mailed at Vermont

05-19-2008 - EAD Received (Signed for by ASTANLEY)

05-29-2008 - Check Cashed

05-30-2008 - NOA1 Received

06-27-2008 - Card Production Ordered

06-30-2008 - Approval Notice Sent

07-03-2008 - EA Card Received

AOS

06-12-2008 - AOS Mailed at Chicago Lockbox (finally, paperwork ready and complete)

06-16-2008 - AOS Received (Signed for by JCHYBA)

06-24-2008 - NOA1 Received

06-25-2008 - Check Cashed

07-16-2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11-13-2008 - Interview

01-07-2009 - Second Appointment

01-07-2009 - Card Production Ordered

01-13-2009 - Welcome Letter Received

01-20-2009 - 10-YEAR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.