shreya81

Biometrics for June filers at VSC

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello,

For those whose I-751 petitions were filed at VSC in June 2008, has anyone received their biometrics appointments? If so, what was the time frame to get the biometrics letter after the NOA1.

I have been communicating with a couple of people who have still not received their biometrics and from what I'd understood, it usually takes about 2 to 3 weeks after receipt of the NOA1.

Any advice?

Timeline
I filed on June 2nd and I had my biometrics today (July 24th).

Kiki

Wow, that sure took them a long time! Kiki, after you received the NOA1, how long did it take for the Biometrics letter to come in the mail? And how many weeks did they give you before the appointment?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Kiki

Wow, that sure took them a long time! Kiki, after you received the NOA1, how long did it take for the Biometrics letter to come in the mail? And how many weeks did they give you before the appointment?

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

Congratulations!!! :dance::thumbs:

02/17/10 Sent the package

02/22/10 USCIS received the package

02/26/10 Noticed date of NOA

03/01/10 Check cashed

03/02/10 Online status updated

03/04/10 Received NOA

03/12/10 USCIS sent a FG letter

03/13/10 Online status updated

03/15/10 Received a FG appointment letter

03/16/10 Online status updated

04/01/10 Fingerprinted

04/30/10 Received the interview letter

06/03/10 Interview Date

Filed: Timeline

Kiki

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

So, in this case what we will do, call customer services or infopass appoinment to our local office or just wait and see, I am sceared that mial might be lost on the way or they might forget to sent....is it helpful to call them?????? please advise

Timeline

Kiki

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

So, in this case what we will do, call customer services or infopass appoinment to our local office or just wait and see, I am sceared that mial might be lost on the way or they might forget to sent....is it helpful to call them?????? please advise

Hi,

Honestly speaking, the two times I have called customer service, they have refused to give me information about the biometrics letter. They told me that it could take 30 to 60 days to get the letter and I should call them once the 60 days have passed. I am worried about the same thing as it's happened to me in the past for my Adjustment of Status process.

I plan to call them again on Aug 1 (30 days after NOA1) and maybe try to speak with a supervisor. This truly sucks.

Kiki

Hello,

Here is my timeline for this stage so far:

I-751 package filed to Vermont - June 02 2008

Check for $545 cashed - June 10 2008

NOA/extension letter received in mail - June 14 2008 - Day 12

Biometrics appointment - July 24 2008 - Day 53

Touched - July 24 2008

I got the biometrics letter around July 1st or 2nd; they gave me about 3 weeks notice.

Kiki :star:

Edited by KikiDoug

Timeline

Kiki

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

Hi,

Honestly speaking, the two times I have called customer service, they have refused to give me information about the biometrics letter. They told me that it could take 30 to 60 days to get the letter and I should call them once the 60 days have passed. I am worried about the same thing as it's happened to me in the past for my Adjustment of Status process.

I plan to call them again on Aug 1 (30 days after NOA1) and maybe try to speak with a supervisor. This truly sucks.

My tip is keep call until you get the answer. I called 2 times today and then got the answer what I wanted. I'm not gonna wait until 30 days or 60 days! It's crazy

03/01/10 Check cashed

03/04/10 Received NOA

04/01/10 Fingerprinted

06/03/10 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As long as you've received your NOA1, I wouldn't be too concerned about biometrics. Biometrics will depend on the backlog at your district office, not at VSC. There will be *plenty* of time before your approval to get biometrics done. -_-

Kiki

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

Hi,

My tip is keep call until you get the answer. I called 2 times today and then got the answer what I wanted. I'm not gonna wait until 30 days or 60 days! It's crazy

Hi your call was regarding barometric too, would u share with us what kind of answer u got from them please.

Timeline

Kiki

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

Hi,

Hi your call was regarding barometric too, would u share with us what kind of answer u got from them please.

I was told that I have a date scheduled to have my fingerprints done but they advised me that they have not mailed out my biometric letter yet. They also told me that it will be mailed within 120 days. I asked them what the date was, but they did not have access to the exact date. All they could tell me was that it was after August 17th. I was afraid the mail get lost, but now I knew the have not mailed it out yet.

03/01/10 Check cashed

03/04/10 Received NOA

04/01/10 Fingerprinted

06/03/10 Interview Date

Kiki

Hi again Shreya,

No luck for me today.

Kiki,

Hi,

I was told that I have a date scheduled to have my fingerprints done but they advised me that they have not mailed out my biometric letter yet. They also told me that it will be mailed within 120 days. I asked them what the date was, but they did not have access to the exact date. All they could tell me was that it was after August 17th. I was afraid the mail get lost, but now I knew the have not mailed it out yet.

I finally got ASC appoinment notice today......it is due on 8/7/08 finally wait is over....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.