zanyi

Q about GUZ Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, I got my NOA2 7/15. I have a question about GUZ interview. I am currently a law student and do not think I will be able to leave classes to be with my fiance for his interview. I first met my fiance in 2005 when I lived in Beijing for a year and we were friendsfor basically the whole year and dated for 5 months. Then I went back to work in 2007 and lived there again for 10 months. At that time he was working in Shanghai and came to visit me every month. We have proof of meeting such as plane tickets, train tickets, tons of pictures with family and friends. But I haven't been back to China since August 2007. Since then I have been in school the whole time (currently in summer school). So if I do not go to GUZ for the interview, will there be any red flag b/c we have not seen eachother in over a year (I am guessing my interview date will probably be either Dec 08 or Jan of 09). I would go during winter break with the help of my parents to buy a ticket but I dont want to go if it is not absolutely necessary. Anyone else going through GUZ have a similar situation? Not seeing your fiance for a year before his interview?

Timeline

oh and i forgot to mention that we have proof of ongoing relationship through our emails, letters, phone calls, e-cards and sype calls/chats. I plan to submit a letter explaining why I haven't been back since August 2008 and my school transcripts to prove I have been in school the whole time and therefore unable to go to China. Any suggestions for other materials to submit?

Timeline
oh and i forgot to mention that we have proof of ongoing relationship through our emails, letters, phone calls, e-cards and sype calls/chats. I plan to submit a letter explaining why I haven't been back since August 2008 and my school transcripts to prove I have been in school the whole time and therefore unable to go to China. Any suggestions for other materials to submit?

Come on over to www.candleforlove.com and you'll find all the China people are partying over there.

It doesn't sound like you have a problem.

Joe

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A long time between visits is a red flag. Nobody can tell you how big a red flag it will be to any particular CO.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I was in BJ studying at his university from 01/05-12/05 while he was a student there too. So we were both living in dorms on campus and saw eachother almost every day, and every day once we began dating. I left to finish my last year of college and he finished his last year too. Then i got a job in BJ just to be in China again so we could be together. He started workin gin Shanghai, but turns out I only got an offer at a law firm in Beijing to intern at. Then he visitited 10 times (4days to 2 weeks per visit) from 11/06-08/07. I came back for school and have been in school ever since. I know we have long gaps inbetween but the times we were together they were for a long time and also our reason for being apart seems reasonable, I had to finish college and now I have to finish law school. Since I am a student I can't afford financially or academically to visit my fiance right now. Is there anyone else who is/was in the same situation? Do you think it'll help to write an affidavit stating my intent to visit if he doesn't get a pink slip? Worst casee scenario I can do a study abroad at a law school in China to be reunited, but I am hoping he will get pink.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My situation is as similar as yours. We met each other Feb 16, 2007 in Lijiang. After I came back in Kunming which was my hometown, he came to Kunming to see me and had dinner with my parents. Then I went back to Chongqing University. He went to Chongqing to see me during the golden week in May, and he spent two weeks there companying me. But he hasn't come back again since May 18, 2007 when he went back to US. It's been more than one year for us to see each other. Now I'm still waiting for NOA2. We got NOA1 on Mar 28, 2008. It's been 4 months since then.

I just graduated from Chongqing University. It's not easy for me to find a job as long as I mention my K-1 to people. I'm so worried sometimes. And I also hope that my fiance will be able to come back one more time before I go to the interview. However, it's depending on so many factors. My fiance always asks me to be positive. And I feel much better after talking to him every time.

Please come, NOA2!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.