5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All, We filed and received our NOA-1 on Feb-19, and I see people that filed in March in California are receiving their NOA-2's.... is there any rhyme or reason to this process?? Someone must know something as to why it seems like we are being passed over.... maybe I need to be more patient, but I have to tell you... I am really getting bummed. Just some support from anyone would be great.. John

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey John,

I didn't file until March, but now that I see March filers being approved, I'm becoming anxious. And then I see that there are still people from Jan and Feb waiting, and I don't get it either. It makes me wonder if we'll be one of the fortunate couples that gets approved without having to wait too long, or if everyone from March will get approved, and October will come and I'll still be waiting. (let's hope not...) Anyway, you filed a month before me, so I can imagine that it's kind of frustrating, since the government says they process the cases in the order they receive them. Who knows... Anyway, I feel for you.

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi John, welcome to VJ. :)

There is no rhyme or reason, sorry. Once your case is received and processed (noa1), your check is separated from your petition which is then put into a universal format and stored in a box with other files. Once an adjuticator is done working on a box they go get another box full of petitions. Some adjuticators work faster than others... some vacation... work different hours... etc. This is why we see the disparity in dates.

This post will explain the process to you a little better.

I'm sure your time is soon. Try to stay strong. :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It may be time for you to contact your congressman to see if they can see the reason why. I am not for using them to get ahead of people , but it seems that you have good reason to ask why.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

A congressman will tell you what the uscis would tell you. 'they are processing dates from whatever date is posted on their website. '

There are many folks still waiting with that noa1 date... and many approved that filed after. Nature of the beast.

I don't think it's quite time to panic.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.