muruKun

Where to send my application?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am currently a CA resident, but I ll be moving to St. Louis next month ( going to school there ).

So my state of resident will still be CA.

Now where do I send my application (N-400)? to CA center or NE center. I would like to file this application ASAP.

and another question is does St. Louis hold interviews for citizenship and oath ceremony in St. Louis or do I have to travel to other cities?

Thank you in advance.

SL has a field office.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

There is one issue though, according to the M-476 - p.27, you will need to live within your district or state for more than 3 months before applying. Make sure you meet this residency requirement before sending off your application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Edited by Staashi

Hi,

I am currently a CA resident, but I ll be moving to St. Louis next month ( going to school there ).

Now where do I send my application (N-400)? to CA center or NE center. I would like to file this application ASAP.

and another question is does St. Louis hold interviews for citizenship and oath ceremony in St. Louis or do I have to travel to other cities?

Thank you in advance.

In this case, I would recommend to send N400 application to CA.

Since your legal residence is still be CA, it is much better to stick with CA, so you don't have a problem to prepare for proof of residence such as utility bills and others.

But when it comes down to Fingerprint, Interview, and Oath ceremony, you have to make travel arrangement when you are in St. Louis.

Another consideration you can have is to move legal residence to St. Louis if St. Louis DO process the case much faster than CA local DO.

In that case, you can change your legal residence to St. Louis then wait for a month or two, then send N400 application to NSC.

When interview officer look at the case, you can meet 3 month residence, and make trip for Fingerprint, Interview, and Oath ceremony locally. But this will make some hard time to get your insurace and other things for legal residence change.

Unless St. Louis DO processing speed is much faster than CA something like 5 month or longer difference,

if I were you, I will stick to CA because current legal residence is CA, and you don't have to wait for another 3 months to meet local residence rule.

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

In this case, I would recommend to send N400 application to CA.

Since your legal residence is still be CA, it is much better to stick with CA, so you don't have a problem to prepare for proof of residence such as utility bills and others.

But when it comes down to Fingerprint, Interview, and Oath ceremony, you have to make travel arrangement when you are in St. Louis.

Another consideration you can have is to move legal residence to St. Louis if St. Louis DO process the case much faster than CA local DO.

In that case, you can change your legal residence to St. Louis then wait for a month or two, then send N400 application to NSC.

When interview officer look at the case, you can meet 3 month residence, and make trip for Fingerprint, Interview, and Oath ceremony locally. But this will make some hard time to get your insurace and other things for legal residence change.

Unless St. Louis DO processing speed is much faster than CA something like 5 month or longer difference,

if I were you, I will stick to CA because current legal residence is CA, and you don't have to wait for another 3 months to meet local residence rule.

It will be difficult to change my legal residence nor do I want to make that change.

Do I must be legally MO resident to file my application at NE center? or just living in St Louis for 3 month suffice the requirement?

neither changing legal residence nor making trips to do fingerprints, interview, and oath seem desirable to me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
duhhRR! if u have ur new address send it to the new one, obviously if u dont they dont understand the word address change and u will miss it all cuz they still send it to ur old address.

Have to send in an AR-11 with an address change within ten days of moving whether you applied for the N-400 or not. Does it say anywhere in the N-400 instructions not to apply if you are planning on moving? I do not recall reading that. Nebraska is now moving very quickly on N-400, it's a coin toss to either wait or to stick with CA with the address change.

do you know if i send it to CA then file change of address with the new address in St Louis, will I be assigned to St Louis CIS office for interviewing and etc?

thank you for your help.

Nope, you'll be denied.

There's a requirement of "time in district", as Staashi pointed out. You've got to meet this requirement at the time you file, and you've got to continue meeting it at your interview and oath ceremony. If you change your residence to St. Louis, you'll have to wait until you've lived in the St. Louis district the required time, and then file the N-400.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

do you know if i send it to CA then file change of address with the new address in St Louis, will I be assigned to St Louis CIS office for interviewing and etc?

thank you for your help.

Nope, you'll be denied.

There's a requirement of "time in district", as Staashi pointed out. You've got to meet this requirement at the time you file, and you've got to continue meeting it at your interview and oath ceremony. If you change your residence to St. Louis, you'll have to wait until you've lived in the St. Louis district the required time, and then file the N-400.

thank you. I guess I ll just wait a bit.

thank you for your help.

Nope, you'll be denied.

You may want to read M-476 to see what is requirement for N400 application.

Also when you go for interview, interview officer will ask for bunch of additional information such as utlity bills, and others to show your residency.

If you are not ready for applying N400, you can wait to see it.

If it is denied, you have to spend much time and more money to apply it again.

Most of your questions are already explained in M-476 documentation.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.