Kiv

Passport Card

6 posts in this topic

They just started producing them on July 14, about a week ago. With the mailing delays, I suspect the very first ones are getting into a few people's hands about now.

They had received 350,000 applications for them, and they claim that if you sent your application in before they started production last week, you should receive your card by early September. I'd guess that means that if you apply for one now, it'll be somewhere around late September when you get it.

The passport book should be much faster these days.

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_c..._card_3926.html

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks lucyrich,

I order mine with the Passport. I already have the passport and my certificate back but not the card. I guess I just need to keep waiting (to don't loose the habit).

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thanks lucyrich,

I order mine with the Passport. I already have the passport and my certificate back but not the card. I guess I just need to keep waiting (to don't loose the habit).

Isn't that only good between the USA and Canada? Started looking into that and was debating if it was worth the extra money as our trips to Canada greatly diminished over the years and they do have an expiration date.

Still wonder after years, we no longer have open borders with Canada, anybody know why? Will we need passports to travel between towns in the near future? Does my wife really need to take her green card if she wakes up at night and has to go to the bathroom? Does say, she has to carry it with her, wherever she goes.

Thanks lucyrich,

Isn't that only good between the USA and Canada? Started looking into that and was debating if it was worth the extra money as our trips to Canada greatly diminished over the years and they do have an expiration date.

It's good for land and sea travel when coming back from Canada, Mexico, the Carribean, and Bermuda. It's NOT good for any air travel.

A conventional old fashioned passport book is good for everything the passport card is good for, plus it's good for air travel. So for most people, it still makes the most sense.

The passport card is easier to carry, and it's cheaper than the passport book. If you already have the passport book, you can get the card for just an extra $20.00. If you live near the border and frequently cross, you may want a passport card to keep in your wallet so you don't have to dig out that passport book every time you cross the border.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

med_5falert_5fposter.jpg

Is one reason given by the border control to close the Canadian border and one can only wonder if this law was passed to protect the citizens of the USA or to protect the profits of the drug companies. No prescription drugs are permitted to be brought into the USA, even those made by US drug companies.

"Order Lipitor 200mg 30 Pills - $99" is suppose to be cheap at this web advertise site, but a couple of years ago, in a sealed Made in the USA bottle by Phizer the same 30 pills cost about a $1.60.

Also read that over a 1/4 million notebooks and cell phones were confiscated at our borders with no just cause, 4th amendment does not apply at the borders.

Trying to bring in birds is also a big deal with customs, surprised they don't shoot Canada Geese that always stop here by the hundreds of thousands either from Canada or Mexico. If you go to the

http://www.cbp.gov/

site, this is all done for our protection. I am so happy.

Ironically, we got some kind of algae that is messing up the great lakes, some kind of fish killing the domestic fish, contaminated ingredients for pet food, and prescription drugs that is killing either us or our pets, lead paint killing our kids, some kind of bug that is killing millions of our ash trees, air pollution, and only God knows what else all coming here legally from China.

They also claim illegal drugs are coming in from Canada, but if they are, must be for the leaders that are making these laws. Only logical reason is that they must be smoking crack.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.