3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone

I have seen people saying they received notifications of NOA via email. How was this possible?

I filed beginning of this month and have not recd anything and my check has not cleared. Is this the norm?

Thanks all :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi everyone

I have seen people saying they received notifications of NOA via email. How was this possible?

I filed beginning of this month and have not recd anything and my check has not cleared. Is this the norm?

Thanks all :star:

California service center is WAY behind and many of us have not received anything YET. You will have to be patient as it will take a LONG time.

I filed on the 15th of july and many at the biggning og the month like you and have not seen one word yet OR checks/money orders cashed.

right now this is NORMAL for them..sigh:(

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

HI there---I found you. :) Welcome to VJ

Once you get the NOA1 (Notice of Action) receipt back in snail mail, you'll have a number on it that you can track on the USCIS website. Some people who get checks back or can see them online are able to read the same number off the back of the check. Not sure how that works because I don't get cancelled checks. The USCIS website has "track your case online" and you get a log in/password. Then you can also sign up for email updates. The email you will get is one saying your petition has been approved --that's NOA2 (Notice of Action) They might also email you if they need more information from you. That's a Request for Evidence (RFE). It's just an email of anything they are going to mail you by regular mail. They don't give you much else in the way of what's happening on your case. But you're going to have to wait until they send you that first letter in the mail until you have a number.

This is a good group for you to start posting with http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137029 because they are K1s filing in California in July, so they are a good group to wait with and compare notes.

You can start a timeline. Up at the top of the page where it says "immigration timelines" in the blue bar....click that then under Timeline Functions, click Edit/Add my entry. You can use your real names or any kind of names you want like J & K, or Sugar & Spice...anything, when you fill out a timeline. Right now all you have is a date sent, but you'll update that timeline as you progress. It will also give you an estimated approval date. That date will change as new people put in data, but it gives you a good guess.

This is Igor's list that everybody talks about http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx The link is the stats page showing how many VJ members were approved each week for a year. It updates all day long and gets the information from everybody's timeline. At the top you can look at California or Vermont specifics by clicking one of those links.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.