AlHayatZween

Habibi Has Arrived!

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:unsure: I think you might have her confused with another member....

You're right, sorry about that I was thinking of another lady on here, my bad. :bonk:

:lol: :lol:

hahaha! no worries! :thumbs:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It is, thanks! :thumbs:

We are settling in...

it's mostly being exhausted and him being very hopeless about finding work... We are doing Craig's List, Monster, the local newspapers, and he is going around door to door asking himself. So far no luck! :( i keep telling him it has only been less than 2 weeks, and he knows that... but still he's really upset. i hope he finds something soon so we both can relax...

Thanks, everybody! (F)

Hey dont feel bad. My husband has been here 2 months and refused to even start looking until 2 days ago. If your husband is out there looking, thats better than I am doing LOL... It took me 2 months of cajoling just to get him to go to a job fair, YIKES

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
A resume and a CV are two different things with different formats. Information can overlap, but a CV is your entire history of education and experience, publications, awards, scholarships, etc. I think most American jobs actually want a resume and not a CV.... a resume is usually 1-2 pages, right? I have a resume and I have a CV. My resume is like a bit over a page depending on if I add references to it. My CV is 6 pages.

I have resume software and books as well as resume paper I had bought for another family member and they never used it. I already told my husband to send his CV so I can work on converting information to the resume format. I wrote practice resumes and CVs before but never actually needed to send them so far. The jobs I've had didn't need them.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey dont feel bad. My husband has been here 2 months and refused to even start looking until 2 days ago. If your husband is out there looking, thats better than I am doing LOL... It took me 2 months of cajoling just to get him to go to a job fair, YIKES

Salaam Wahrania,

i know, i've been reading some of your posts! Sounds like a very tough time...! My hubbie is looking for work, but having a heck of a time at it. We have his resume, everything... but i think the market is flooded with a lot of people looking for work. i even heard some college grads on the bus complaining about it. :blink:

Good luck to you though! Take care of you and your children and your baby... i can't offer much advice about your husband... i read your posts and i'm still quite puzzled by the whole thing.

**Also, something for others to take note: i'm finding a lot of scams in the "General Labor" section of Craig's List. Scams about starting your own business, applying for vo-tech programs. It really took me by surprise... so as always, just keep a look out... It's such a shame that in this time where a lot of people are desperate for work, there are predators trying to take advantage of those who are honest and in need... and so the world turns.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.