6 posts in this topic

Can someone define what this 'Welcome Letter' is? We are attempting to get an AOS.

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

On May 15, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours."

Does this mean that we are near to an interview/green card? Any knowledgeable input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howard and Aoy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A welcome notice generally means that you were approved for the I-485, since it is welcoming you to permanent residence in the US. Were you by any chance transferred to California? Most people transferred there are approved without an interview.. So...

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Welcome notice is send after they aprove your case!! So it look you have been aproved without interview!!

Congratulations!!!!

Your green card should be there soon. Check your online status there should be more changes following days:)

Krystyna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Time to buy some champagne! :lol: You have been approved - that's exactly the wording on our letter (we did have the interview though.) Have fun

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

OMG!! We cant believe it!

Had I not been so excited about the Welcome letter email I would have seen an older email sent last night that says..:

"Current Status:

On May 15, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

YAY! :dance::dance:

I called my wife at home and told her the good news. We are still in shock!! I was literally moments away from taking my lunch and sending a I-765 EAD for a work permit!! We just saved ourselves $180! YAY!

I can't begin to tell you all how important this website has become to us. We are so thankful for all of the forms and guidelines and all the helpful individuals (strangers) that have been so gracious and helpful (even when my frustration came through in the postings). :dancing:

This website has saved me countless hours and we didnt consult an attorney even once. My wife and son got their visas and now Green cards with no problems. Thank you thank you thank you!

And yes, they transferred our case to California. We did it without an interview. Total time, including the request for additional information, was 16 weeks to get approved for the green card!

Howard and Aoy

Atlanta, GA

www.exit23.com

Time to buy some champagne! :lol: You have been approved - that's exactly the wording on our letter (we did have the interview though.) Have fun

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.