Connecticut Dave

AOS - What changes in Country of Origin (marriage, residence, etc.)?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi!

I just got my approved visa in the mail last week and everything is set. Let me first tell you that this forums were a huge help with the entire process and made it a lot easier to find our way through the bureaucratic jungle. These forums are sooo valuable, a big cheers to you all. We got way psyched up about the entire process but it turned out to work w/o any complications. It was a breeze.

Now, I have a question regarding the change of status. We are getting married in August, my fiancee is from the US, I'm German, and we are planning on staying in the US after our marriage. What are exactly the procedures I have to go through in Germany? Can I do these things by mail? I know that I have to let them know that I'm changing my residence, but what about the marriage proper? We are not planning to live in Germany permanently in the future, our main-base will be the US and we might be visiting Germany for work or research.

Thanks!

Best!

David

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI there david..

first of, congratulations.. please see guides on change of status or the AOS and you will be needing an AP if you need to travel outside US if you entered US ina K1...

Good luck and have a safe trip..

😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.