justin728jn

where is my file?

7 posts in this topic

NVC mailed my case to HCM city on april 17. I tracked dhl and found out that it arrived at HCM city on april 21. I called the consular yesterday and they said they didn't have it. Any1 has any ideal where it might be? what am i supposed to do now, or just sittin on my azz and wait, this is frustrating....

K1

NOA1 Feb 6, 2006

NOA2 April 12, 2006

NVC forward to HCM City on April 17

Case arrived at HCM City on April 21

HCMC Consulate sent P3 on May 25

P3 arrived on june 3

Aug 16 ==> INTERVIEW <== YEAHHH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
NVC mailed my case to HCM city on april 17. I tracked dhl and found out that it arrived at HCM city on april 21. I called the consular yesterday and they said they didn't have it. Any1 has any ideal where it might be? what am i supposed to do now, or just sittin on my azz and wait, this is frustrating....

Justin, I was in the same boat as you. DHL said that our petition arrived on April 3, and I called 2 weeks later and they told me they only received the electronic file. Well almost 1 month after they received it they sent out packet 3. So I would bet your packet 3 will be mailed out very soon. I would call one time a week, until you are sure. I know the same feeling you have, I was so worried that ours was lost, but it wasn't, the people at the consulate just give you a general response, until they actually send out packet 3.

Good Luck!!!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It can take up to four weeks for a case to be logged into the system at the Consulate and identified as "in HCMC".

It's getting close... they'll get to you! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

justin728jn,

What was the reason for the long wait between your NOA2 and the NVC shipping your case out to HCMC? Security checks? I saw your NOA2 date of Feb 6, 2006, but your case didn't ship out of NVC until Apr 17, 2006.

K1

NOA2 Feb 6, 2006

No reason for concern on the delay in HCMC thus far. Just check around on the signatures of other Vietnam VisaJourney members, and you can pretty well piece together a general time frame for things from this point forward.

Where does your fiancee reside in Vietnam? This can factor into mailing time for packet 3 & 4.

Best of luck to you!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

yea, you guys are right, i called them yesterday, they got my stuff and were told that i will receive pack3 by the end of the month if not next week.

oh, that was a typo, NOA1 was on april 6. she lives in central vn, Quang Ngai. so how long of a delay should i expect?

K1

NOA1 Feb 6, 2006

NOA2 April 12, 2006

Case arrived at HCM City on April 21

HCMC Consulate sent P3 on May 25

P3 arrived on june 3

Aug 16 ==> INTERVIEW <== YEAHHH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

justin728jn,

I figured your NOA2 had to be a typo.

If she doesn't receive the packet 3 in the mail 1 month after the consulate mailing date, she can go to the consulate in HCMC and request one in person.

STL_HCMC

yea, you guys are right, i called them yesterday, they got my stuff and were told that i will receive pack3 by the end of the month if not next week.

oh, that was a typo, NOA1 was on april 6. she lives in central vn, Quang Ngai. so how long of a delay should i expect?

Edited by STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Justin, I was in the same boat as you. DHL said that our petition arrived on April 3, and I called 2 weeks later and they told me they only received the electronic file. Well almost 1 month after they received it they sent out packet 3. So I would bet your packet 3 will be mailed out very soon. I would call one time a week, until you are sure. I know the same feeling you have, I was so worried that ours was lost, but it wasn't, the people at the consulate just give you a general response, until they actually send out packet 3.

Good Luck!!!!!

I can't seem to find this in any of the guides or anything... how do you find out your dhl tracking number? I'd like to find out what happened with my K3 packet. :) Thanks and ttyl,

mich

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.