AussieDude

When does application number on NOA2 become active?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA 2? Don't you mean NOA1 - the letter that acknowledges receipt of your application and extends your conditional status for a year?

Actually, the number on the NOA receipt letter never becomes active for you to check your status on line - it is an internal number that apparently, only USCIS can use. You will have to wait until you receive your biometrics appointment letter. It will have a different number on it and that number can be entered into the USCIS online status query, as well tracked and set up for e-mail notifications.

Or are you asking about the biometrics letter itself as NOA2? As far as I know that should be active when you receive it. If it is not then try again after your biometrics appointment. I know that I received my 'biometrics number' before I got the actual letter and before I had the biometrics done and was able to access my account right away.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

I'm calling my biometrics appointment letter NOA2.

I know the receipt number on the NOA1 is useless. I received my biometrics appointment letter sometime last week. I tried the number today but the system says it doesn't exist. I was wondering if I have to wait until after biometrics to add it to my portfolio.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know the receipt number on the NOA1 is useless. I received my biometrics appointment letter sometime last week. I tried the number today but the system says it doesn't exist. I was wondering if I have to wait until after biometrics to add it to my portfolio.

You got that, isn't that enough to make you happy? Can't speak for other service centers as only dealt with Nebraska, they did post the receipt for both the I-751 and the N-400, but can go back to either to read that same old message over and over again and we already received the ten year green cards, and the appointment for interview. Maybe they are not even posting the receipt notices anymore, but if you have that piece of paper in your hand, you already know they received your application.

Filed: Timeline

You got that, isn't that enough to make you happy? Can't speak for other service centers as only dealt with Nebraska, they did post the receipt for both the I-751 and the N-400, but can go back to either to read that same old message over and over again and we already received the ten year green cards, and the appointment for interview. Maybe they are not even posting the receipt notices anymore, but if you have that piece of paper in your hand, you already know they received your application.

I just want to add it to my portfolio so that any updates are sent to my email address. I can't add it until the number becomes active.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just want to add it to my portfolio so that any updates are sent to my email address. I can't add it until the number becomes active.

Which service center are you with? And has anyone here had their applications posted or updated by that service center? I have setup a portfolio with Nebraska, never received an e-mail nor have they touched any of our applications nor have posted any updates. But we did receive everything we applied for by the US postal service.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi all. I received my NOA2 last week sometime. I've tried to enter the number into my portfolio but the system informs me that the case number does not exist. Do I have to wait until after biometrics for it to become active?

Thanks

Mine wasn't in the system until a couple days AFTER we went for biometrics. I have heard others say the same.

K-1 Timeline

02.02.2005: Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

08.08.2005: Successful interview; visa received at 4pm

08.10.2005: Trip to US (Newark Int'l Airport is POE)

AOS Timeline

08.26.2005: Married in State College, Pennsylvania

11.14.2005: AOS and EAD applications received at USCIS

03.10.2006: EAD received (114 days since submission)

06.17.2006: Green card received (241 since submission)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05.28.2008: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

06.04.2008: NOA1 received

07.05.2008: Biometrics completed in Houston

03.27.2009: Ten year green card approved

Naturalization Timeline

11.09.2009: N-400 package mailed to Lewisville, TX

12.18.2009: Biometrics done in Houston

03.01.2010: Passed interview

04.07.2010: Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.