Angel7422

Gathering documents to file N-400

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband(permanent resident) and I(US citizen) are gathering the documents needed to file N-400 petition for him. I just want to make sure we have all the documents needed so please look over our list of documents and let me know if we are forgetting anything.

Documents so far

N-400 application

Front and back copy of 10 yr green card

Jointly filed Federal Tax transcripts for last 3 yrs

Jointly filed State tax returns w/copy of check(used as proof that taxes owed were paid)

USC birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Joint Bank statements

Copy of USC passport (front cover/signature page)

As for the application/biometric fee, we have that its just not written in check form. The passport photos havent been taken yet (will be done last since they cant be more than 30 days old). I read that my husband needed a Status Information Letter from Selective Service stating the reason he didnt register was because he was exempt from registering as he was over 26 when he entered the U.S., which I have sent for so waiting for that letter. I am also sending my husband's newly renewed driver's license and my identifcation as proof of same address (not sure this is needed but sending anyway)

I have bills in both our names and only in mine but I wont include them in the package I will give to him to take to interview.

Is there anything else I am forgetting that I should include?

Thanks in advance to any replies/suggestions,

Angel

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Do you have any property document that has both his and your name on it?

Hi Everyone,

My husband(permanent resident) and I(US citizen) are gathering the documents needed to file N-400 petition for him. I just want to make sure we have all the documents needed so please look over our list of documents and let me know if we are forgetting anything.

Documents so far

N-400 application

Jointly filed State tax returns w/copy of check(used as proof that taxes owed were paid)

USC birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Joint Bank statements

As for the application/biometric fee, we have that its just not written in check form. The passport photos havent been taken yet (will be done last since they cant be more than 30 days old). I read that my husband needed a Status Information Letter from Selective Service stating the reason he didnt register was because he was exempt from registering as he was over 26 when he entered the U.S., which I have sent for so waiting for that letter. I am also sending my husband's newly renewed driver's license and my identifcation as proof of same address (not sure this is needed but sending anyway)

I have bills in both our names and only in mine but I wont include them in the package I will give to him to take to interview.

Angel

Timeline
Do you have any property document that has both his and your name on it?

Hi Everyone,

Documents so far

N-400 application

USC birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Joint Bank statements

Angel

Unfortunately no, I purchased our home before he entered the U.S., so it is in my name only. Is that a problem? Is that a very needed document?

f68cm6.png

Citizenship Timeline

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Just submit what you submitted for the I-751 - that is what we did. You should have no problems. Good luck on the N-400. Congratulations for making it this far. :)

Timeline

Hi,

Are you really sure I should send the same documents I sent for the I-751? I had between 150-250 pages if not more in the I-751 packet I sent. I mean I could send it but substitute more updated

documents, but WOW!!

f68cm6.png

Citizenship Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi,

Are you really sure I should send the same documents I sent for the I-751? I had between 150-250 pages if not more in the I-751 packet I sent. I mean I could send it but substitute more updated

documents, but WOW!!

Read down at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138745

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Reading it quickly, seems like if you got married, travel a lot, moved a lot, committed a lot of crimes, or didn't pay your taxes, you have to send in a lot of proof. So what do you send in if you didn't do any of these nasty things? Nothing?

Shouldn't you have to send in proof that you never got married before, never had a job, never traveled, never arrested, paid your taxes, and are homeless? How about sending in a video with one foot nailed to the sidewalk, I spent the last five years walking around in a circle. Shouldn't that be proof enough? Ha, make sure you don't nail that foot on the border between the USA and Canada, all kinds of paperwork for doing that. Another ha, make sure you list all the crimes you committed and never got caught at.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.