lsmith15

Lifting of conditions

3 posts in this topic

My wife and I filed the I-751 on June 20th 2008, we received our letters telling us her green card is extended for another year and then yesterday we got a letter for her and her daughter to come in to take their biometrics.

My question is does this mean we will not have to go through another interview? We had one before they issued her 1st two year green card and all went well, oh and Her daughter who is 5 got her letter to come take them on a different day and its on a Saturday do they work on Saturday? We live in Columbus, Ohio

Larry USA- Ohio Iryna- Minsk, Belarus

Met Iryna online at Myforeignbride.com 10/16/2004

We decided it was more then Friendship 11/25/2004

Pruchased my air ticket for Belarus 02/26/2005

Arrived at Minsk, Belarus 06/09/2005

Asked Iryna to marry me 06/25/2005

Left Belarus (Worst day of my life) 07/07/2005

Our Timeline:

Sent in I-129F via Overnight delivery USPS 07/18/2005

Received Petition at NSC 07/19/2005

NOA 1 Dated 07/19/2005

NOA 1 Received via snail Mail 07/25/2005

NOA 2 approved via email (Day 50) 09/06/2005

NOA 2 received via snail mail 09/10/2005

Petition sent to NVC notice via email 09/08/2005

NVC assignes Visa Number 09/21/2005

Received via snail mail Letter from NVC telling my case number 09/27/2005

Received Email From Warsaw Embassy that our file was there and its ok to fax in the Check list and DS-230's 09/28/2005

Received Email from Iryna that checklist and DS-230's have been faxed into the Embassy at 11:15Am Warsaw time 09/28/2005

Received Email telling me Iryna's interview date is 11/03/2005 at 8AM 10/03/2005

Iryna received via snail mail her packet 4 with her interview date and time of 11/03/05 at 8:10am 10/11/2005

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many if not most people get approved without having an interview. Right now you don't know if they will ask for one or not. They will send you another letter asking you to attend one if necessary.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, it doesn't mean anything except that they have received your application and have scheduled your wife and daughter for their mandatory fingerprints check and photographs. Everyone goes through this and generally receives their biometrics appointment quite soon after they submit their application.

What happens next is that they will review the package of evidence you submitted with the petition to remove conditions. If they are satisfied that you are well and truly a valid married couple you will receive notice that your green card has been ordered. If they decide that there is a question about the evidence, they may request more evidence (RFE). If they still have questions after an RFE, or if there is clear cut information that sends up red flags for them, they will send an interview appointment. The majority of I-751 applications are approved without an interview so it is more than likely you will not require another interview. The one exception to that is what is called a 'statistical interview'. Even though all of your evidence is perfectly find and they don't really have any questions about the validity of your marriage, they are required to interview a specific number of applicants. You may get an interview just through the 'luck of the draw' as being one of their 'statistics'.

Regardless, you will probably have another 3 months or so to wait with California. They are moving quite quickly with their processing. If, for any reason, you do get an interview, you will receive a notice that the file has been forwarded to a local office to schedule an interview. So - no way to predict if you will or will not get an interview.

Yes, they do work on Saturday - I did my biometrics on a Saturday. Depending on whose biometrics are first, I would take both biometrics letters and have both your wife and daughter go together. Point out to the guard that they are both there and both have biometrics scheduled but on different days. Ask if they can do both of them at the same time instead. They may very well do both at that first appointment, especially since your daughter is so young. At the very worst, they will just have you come back to do the other appointment.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.