marjorie

Digital or film?

8 posts in this topic

hi everyone!

its that okey to use the digital camera for my passport size picture or do i need to have the film?

i dont want to have a mistake again for my ds230. pls help! :help:

NVC

June 23,2008- send ds230 to NVC

June 27,2008-ds230 was on there system

july 07,2008-my husband called NVC to follow up(operator told him. they request for my 2 passport size pic)

July 08,2007-I send the pic. to my hubby

July 09,2007- He send my picture to NVC

July 14,2007- He recieved the letter from NVC containing the RFE(the 2 pcs pic and The question # 20 on the Ds230 form. i just did not put word "PRESENT"

july 14.2008- he ask help from there senator to expedite

July 15,2008- I fedex the ds230 page 2.of part 1 to my husband

July 18,2008-my husband got the fedex then he give it to the senator and faxed it to NVC

Aug.01,2008- Case completed

Aug.15,2008-got our interview date

Aug.26-27- i had my medical

Sept.26,2008-My interview( guide me lord)

hi everyone!

its that okey to use the digital camera for my passport size picture or do i need to have the film?

Hi,

I think most of us here used the digital passport pictures attached to the forms. As long as it is

identical and clear that would be okay. Remember, both ears should be visible and don't wear

earrings and necklace. The background should be white and you should wear something with collar.

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone!

It is most important that the final finished product meets the technical specifications..... How you get there is less important.

YMMV

I remember getting my passport renewed last year, and since my employer needed a lot passport photos (15!!!) I looked into ways that I could save money by doing it myself with a digital camera. Passport photos are rather expensive for what you get, and I thought the results I got were much, much better.

Passport Photo Tips

I used this guide, even though it's mainly directed at professionals, there is some great info on how you could do it yourself. Instead of the 'light umbrella' setup most photographers have, I set up two lamps on the dining room table, and put a white sheet on the wall. After taking a few pictures and deciding which one was suitable (something you can't really do at Kinko's for $10 a pop!) I put the image on my computer and started on the next task.

Most newer digital cameras shoot between 4-8 megapixels, which is more than enough for our purposes, since we only need the head and shoulders in the shot, and so I cropped down the larger picture and resized it in my photo editing software to 2"x2" (passport size). I took the 2x2 and tiled it into a new document (I put 6 2x2's on a 5x7 photo...then again, I needed a lot of them!) and saved the new image.

I went onto walmart.com and submitted the image to be printed to test it out, and a day or so later the pictures turned out fantastic! Just to make sure, I went to the post office and made sure they would accept the photo (better safe than sorry) and the lady there thought they were done by a professional!

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

12/29/2009 - - - - -Met on CherryBlossoms

3/12/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila and fell madly in love

3/25/2010 - - - - - -Proposed (of course she said YES!)

3/31/2010 - - - - - -Departed Manila (and the love of my life)

5/22/2010 - 5/27/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila again...we have an apartment together!

8/22/2010 - 9/5/2010 - - - - - - -Arrived in Manila yet again...I love not paying for hotels!

11/23/2010- - - - - Arrived in Manila (Just in time for my birthday!)

1/5/2011- - - - - - - Married!

1/28/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (doesn't get any easier every time I do this :( )

3/19/2011- - - - - - Arrived in Manila (and off to the island of Leyte)

8/22//2011- - - - - - Wife interviewed for Tourist Visa -- DENIED!

9/16/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (alone)

I KNOW there is one form that in the instructions says NO digital photos but I can't remember which one. Most seem to allow digitals tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I KNOW there is one form that in the instructions says NO digital photos but I can't remember which one. Most seem to allow digitals tho.

It was on the old I-131 and N-400.

They changed them saying the digitals must be taken with a camera of at least 3.5+ mega pixels of resolution. Something about the photos won't scan good.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

We've done all our own ID photos digitally, both for all the various immigration forms and for Venezuelan and US passport purposes. We had no problem.

As long as they don't show noticable pixels, and they're printed on a high quality printer that makes them look as good as film based photos, it should be no problem. We used the state department guide which YodaPagoda linked to, setting up lights and a white background according to the instructions.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Thank you for everybody here who answer my concerned. i really appriciate all your ideas and tips. i 've done the picture yesterday and sent to my hubby. then he will send that to NVC. thank you again and god bless!! :D

NVC

June 23,2008- send ds230 to NVC

June 27,2008-ds230 was on there system

july 07,2008-my husband called NVC to follow up(operator told him. they request for my 2 passport size pic)

July 08,2007-I send the pic. to my hubby

July 09,2007- He send my picture to NVC

July 14,2007- He recieved the letter from NVC containing the RFE(the 2 pcs pic and The question # 20 on the Ds230 form. i just did not put word "PRESENT"

july 14.2008- he ask help from there senator to expedite

July 15,2008- I fedex the ds230 page 2.of part 1 to my husband

July 18,2008-my husband got the fedex then he give it to the senator and faxed it to NVC

Aug.01,2008- Case completed

Aug.15,2008-got our interview date

Aug.26-27- i had my medical

Sept.26,2008-My interview( guide me lord)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.