-i-s-l-e-b-a-b-

K1 Visa Help pls..--We don't have any Idea how to start

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please somebody help us. :help::help::help:

My boyfriend wanted to buy me an engagement ring the first time he visited me in the Philippines this May 2008, but since it's too soon for me after I broke up with my previous fiance, I didn't accept yet the ring that he was about to buy.

As days pass by, we are getting closer and we are now planning for our future including the filing for K1 visa this coming August 2008. Unluckily, we don't have any idea on how to start and what are the requirements needed in applying for K1 visa. He actually wants to get an attorney to fix our papers, but I told him that VJ can help us with this.

I have heard some cases that some couples hired somebody to fix their papers but it was not really good because the informations they receive are very late already, therefore, many of them regret why they hired somebody and it's just a waste of money. I also heard that many couples have been successful about their papers by the help of Visa Journey.

In this regard, we would like to ask you to please help us to be educated with regard to filing the K1 visa.

We thank you in advance and God bless to all.

Yours,

~Ana and Gregg~

1_281907450l.jpg

Take care and God bless,

~Isle~ post-49417-1241795438.gif

Please somebody help us. :help::help::help:

My boyfriend wanted to buy me an engagement ring the first time he visited me in the Philippines this May 2008, but since it's too soon for me after I broke up with my previous fiance, I didn't accept yet the ring that he was about to buy.

As days pass by, we are getting closer and we are now planning for our future including the filing for K1 visa this coming August 2008. Unluckily, we don't have any idea on how to start and what are the requirements needed in applying for K1 visa. He actually wants to get an attorney to fix our papers, but I told him that VJ can help us with this.

I have heard some cases that some couples hired somebody to fix their papers but it was not really good because the informations they receive are very late already, therefore, many of them regret why they hired somebody and it's just a waste of money. I also heard that many couples have been successful about their papers by the help of Visa Journey.

In this regard, we would like to ask you to please help us to be educated with regard to filing the K1 visa.

We thank you in advance and God bless to all.

Yours,

~Ana and Gregg~

1_281907450l.jpg

yeah BINGO i know this is u. im happy that u have someone new now, but i hope everything been heal already for the past relationship u had, before u get to this process. i wish u real happiness u are looking and wanting for. ok we also on our K1 journey now. well here read this official site USCIS had and keep browsing. everything is here when u get some Q please free to ask here, we are your free lawyer. :star:

heres the link : www.uscis.gov

Timeline
yeah BINGO i know this is u. im happy that u have someone new now, but i hope everything been heal already for the past relationship u had, before u get to this process. i wish u real happiness u are looking and wanting for. ok we also on our K1 journey now. well here read this official site USCIS had and keep browsing. everything is here when u get some Q please free to ask here, we are your free lawyer. :star:

heres the link : www.uscis.gov

Hi Tita Bevs! hehe.. you're also here pala!

Maybe you know what are the requirements needed since you already filed K1 visa. But anyway, I will try to search and search here and navigate the website you gave me.

Thanks po and take care always!

:D

Take care and God bless,

I think it is possible to do yourself. All the forms and links for the I-129F are here on VJ, and your fiance' can order them all from USCIS or download them on the web.

This is from the VJ guide on this site:

Download the Following Forms:

1. I-129F

2. G-325a

The above forms can be filled out on your computer and printed. Make sure you sign and date them as required. Anything you cannot fit by typing, you can handwrite (very neatly) in black ink in the blank instead. You should always verify the current forms at www.uscis.gov.

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.):

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.

2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.

13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum,

but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. 1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as kodakgallery.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Mail the I-129F Package to the USCIS

Section 12 of the I-129F instructions lists where you should mail the completed form(s). If you live in the United States this will be the Service Center with jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence. Mail the package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS.

That should get you started!! Good luck and God Bless!!! :yes:

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
I think it is possible to do yourself. All the forms and links for the I-129F are here on VJ, and your fiance' can order them all from USCIS or download them on the web.

1. I-129F

2. G-325a

The above forms can be filled out on your computer and printed. Make sure you sign and date them as required. Anything you cannot fit by typing, you can handwrite (very neatly) in black ink in the blank instead. You should always verify the current forms at www.uscis.gov.

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.):

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.

2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.

13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. 1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as kodakgallery.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Section 12 of the I-129F instructions lists where you should mail the completed form(s). If you live in the United States this will be the Service Center with jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence. Mail the package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS.

Hi Sir Brad and Ma'am Vika! Thank you very much for the above information... This is a good start for us. We appreciate your help and time.

I hope you will not stop helping those who needs help.

Thank you and God bless... :thumbs:

~Isle~

Take care and God bless,

1. I-129F

2. G-325a

This link will help you further down the line.... Great info from Sheriff Ulings K1- Visa Guide...... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059

Timeline

1. I-129F

2. G-325a

This link will help you further down the line.... Great info from Sheriff Ulings K1- Visa Guide...... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059

Hi Ms. Daruma07! Thank you po a lot for the very informative post! :)

I already sent the info to my sweet and he already printed out the forms. I just wonder how will he file it? Is't should be filed personally or he can apply via internet?

Will update this post as soon as we have new info to share.

Take care and God bless!

Take care and God bless,

He has to gather all necessary information & ship them in a nice, big envelope. It only takes a few days to get to your local Service Center. :)

It will all seem very confusing when you first start getting your papers together, but as you go further along...it'll all start to make sense! Trust me, if I managed it...anyone can!

Edited by boohbah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Take a look at the guides on this website. They offer lots of information as to how you can petition for your loved one.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Timeline
He has to gather all necessary information & ship them in a nice, big envelope. It only takes a few days to get to your local Service Center. :)

It will all seem very confusing when you first start getting your papers together, but as you go further along...it'll all start to make sense! Trust me, if I managed it...anyone can!

Hi Tita Boohbah and Sir BigCityDave! Thank you so much po for th replies!! I feel very delighted for helping us here... This makes me feel lively--knowing that there are people like you who are willing to help. I feel that I am not alone in the dark having people around like you guys! Thank you so very much!!

I will follow your advises and you will be part of this journey of ours.

Thank you and God bless...

~Isle~

Edited by islebabe

Take care and God bless,

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Islebabe, I hired a lawyer for ours, but if I had known of VJ before i hired him i would not have done so. It is much too easy to do your self than waste so much money. They are not cheap either. Be brave, you have chosen wisely to not hire them. My advise is to one of two options.......give your asawa the password to your VJ account OR ask him to create his own account. This is so he can look at all everyone is saying himself. That is much better than you trying to relay all the info to him yourself......less chances of mistakes. Mistakes cost time.....make sure everything is right and correct before you mail to service center. Also Vermont service center is faster than California. I think it wise to have him do most of the research himself for now because it is he who is going to be doing most of all the paperwork now. You will have plenty to do later believe me. You research too tho. to help him and remember two heads better than one.... :thumbs: Gary (Higante)

2_823350812l.jpg

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center :..............Vermont Service Center

Consulate :......................Manilla, Philipines

anniversary .....................Dec 25, 2006

gary went to phil...............October 8,2007

engagement anniversary...October 14,2007 gary proposed at basket ball court lot of people sooo sweet...

gary went back to tx.........October 19, 2007

I-129F Sent : ...................2008-03-22

I-129F NOA1 : ..................2008-03-27

I-129F NOA2 : ..................2008-06-20

NVC Received : ................2008-06-30

Interview Date : ...............2008-08-01

Visa Received : ................2008-08-20

US Entry : ....................... 2008-08-26

Marriage : ........................2008-08-26

biometrics:........................2008-12-20

green card received...........2009-06-04

Comments : I-129F TOUCHED APRIL 18, 2008. TOUCHED AND APPROVED

JUNE 20, 2008. TOUCHED JUNE 23, 2008.

RECIEVED LETTER FROM NVC ON JULY 3, 2008 DATED JUNE 30, 2008

SAYING NVC RECENTLY RECIEVED 1-129. AUTOMATED PHONE STILL SAYING

NO RECORD.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your filing date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.