5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all

I agree you all are very wonderful people and although there is wonderful news there is also sad news

Chelle,

I am SO sorry that he is doing this to you and I think it is unfair and BS if you ask me. He could do that here in the states WITH YOU. Sorry I do not mean to sound so harsh or mean but it sounds like he is butt-kissing mom and dad.

I realize it is important to pay them back, BUT if they wanted him happy they would say okay go and we will make a contract for you to pay us back. HE IS AN ADULT. He will have bills the rest of his life.

I think it is BS to make you WAIT all this time KNOWING the pain and expecting you to be so patient and loving and saying yes dear no dear. GIVE ME A BREAK. Kai would never do this to me and if he did LORD HELP THE MAN.

ALso His mother sounds selfish to have the ex wife arrive. Sorry she may be the mother of her grandkids but how self centered and selfish of her to do this to YOU. Even if you are NOT there she needs to respect that and SO does your man.

Anyway I am sorry to sound mean it just seems like a pile of ####### in the hen house if ya ask me.

BIGGGGG HUGS!!! I cant BLAME you for feeling like you do hun!!

Missbluesky

I understand your pain. It hurts to be seperated so long from your sweetie. Trust me I know I been apart from Kai for 1 year and almost 6 months now. We did the ldr and were only able to afford one visit. SO I know it hurts.

I think it SUCKS that we are allowed to fall in love yet it is rough to be with our SO when they are from another country.

Yet I understand..SIGH...Hold your head up sweetie...you got us!

Getting close you all...man its moving fast on igors WOW WOW WOW

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I just wanted to say, even though I had never posted before, I loved reading everyone's warm messages of support - and you guys don't even know each other. It really inspired me to believe in the kindness of strangers, and whilst I'm so happy for everyone who has gone through this awful K1 process and is about to get their NOA2s; sadly, my fiancé has told me he isn't ready for marriage. It breaks my heart as we were sure to get our NOA2 through in a couple of weeks time, but whilst I know the only way we can be together is to get married, we've not even been together a year - and we knew we'd only be marrying for a visa. So, after a lot of crying and talking, we agreed to wait a couple more years, then reapply for the K1 visa. I can't say I'm not scared though - what if the USCIS refuse us just because we withdrew our application the first time round? I'm hoping that this kind of thing happens frequently, with newly engaged couples putting in for their K1, then withdrawing them just to enjoy their relationship a while longer before reapplying the second time a couple of years down the line. Anyway, after that rant, I just want to say - thank you for giving me hope with the visa situation, and you are all in my thoughts - the best of luck to getting your NOA2s, then getting your K1s, and then finally - marrying the one you love.

Hello missbluesky, I just want to offer a few words of encouragement. I'm sure that it was a very difficult decision for you and your SO to withdraw your petition and I think it's very honest and honorable that you and your SO have decided to wait a bit. My SO and I have been dating for 3 1/2 years - 3 years before we decided to petition for the visa, so I know what it's like to wait and wait and wait before you decide to take the plunge. It can be discouraging at times but sometimes its the best route for some people, especially if you're overly cautious like me. I'm sure that you and your SO will be back soon. Best, best, best luck and happy holidays!

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Chelle,

I am SO sorry that he is doing this to you and I think it is unfair and BS if you ask me. He could do that here in the states WITH YOU. Sorry I do not mean to sound so harsh or mean but it sounds like he is butt-kissing mom and dad.

I realize it is important to pay them back, BUT if they wanted him happy they would say okay go and we will make a contract for you to pay us back. HE IS AN ADULT. He will have bills the rest of his life.

I think it is BS to make you WAIT all this time KNOWING the pain and expecting you to be so patient and loving and saying yes dear no dear. GIVE ME A BREAK. Kai would never do this to me and if he did LORD HELP THE MAN.

ALso His mother sounds selfish to have the ex wife arrive. Sorry she may be the mother of her grandkids but how self centered and selfish of her to do this to YOU. Even if you are NOT there she needs to respect that and SO does your man.

I don't think his parents were the ones wanting him to stay and pay back the money. I think he wanted to do it for peace of mind. I personally think that if you're about to leave everything behind to move countries to be with your fiancee, it's reasonable to want to pay off the debts that you have in your home country before the move.

I wouldn't mind if my fiance wanted to stay an extra few weeks to pay back his parents for letting *us* stay together for 6 months.

But it also depends how long he plans on staying... if it's going to be a case of months as opposed to weeks, then I would probably have a problem with that after the long wait to be together.

Chelle

Sorry to hear that Keith will not be joining you as soon as he gets the visa.

Honourable he may be, but at the moment that doesn't ease your hurt.

Perhaps his parents will tell him to pay them the money back over a longer timeframe so he can get on a plane and be with you...heres hoping for you.

As for xmas without him, no consolation but if xmas 2008 is apart at least you have every other year after covered by being together as man & wife.

Sucks with his ex-wife being there at xmas when you can't but she is an ex for a reason and you are his future.

Keep your chin up, things have a way of sorting themselves out.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

I try not to look at my timeline too often because all the fluctuations will drive me mad if I do, but today I gave in. The last time I checked, it said somewhere around Thanksgiving so these past few weeks I've been getting really giddy about what the next month might bring. Then I look today and it says from the end of December- January! :( :( I'm meeting with my cosponsor next week to have all of the forms notarized- should I hold off? It says everything is valid within a year, and even if we're pushed back a month from what we were expecting, I don't think that will really make too much of a difference.

Hugs to all of you, whether you're in a great, happy situation with your fiance(e)s or whether you're having some doubts and difficulties.

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi all

I agree you all are very wonderful people and although there is wonderful news there is also sad news

Chelle,

Anyway I am sorry to sound mean it just seems like a pile of ####### in the hen house if ya ask me.

BIGGGGG HUGS!!! I cant BLAME you for feeling like you do hun!!

Missbluesky

I understand your pain. It hurts to be seperated so long from your sweetie. Trust me I know I been apart from Kai for 1 year and almost 6 months now. We did the ldr and were only able to afford one visit. SO I know it hurts.

I think it SUCKS that we are allowed to fall in love yet it is rough to be with our SO when they are from another country.

Yet I understand..SIGH...Hold your head up sweetie...you got us!

Getting close you all...man its moving fast on igors WOW WOW WOW

Hugs you back and you are not mean what so ever, you are right with what you said , thankyou for your support and everyone here it helps alot to beable to express my feelings with people who understand.

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Chelle,

I don't think his parents were the ones wanting him to stay and pay back the money. I think he wanted to do it for peace of mind. I personally think that if you're about to leave everything behind to move countries to be with your fiancee, it's reasonable to want to pay off the debts that you have in your home country before the move.

I wouldn't mind if my fiance wanted to stay an extra few weeks to pay back his parents for letting *us* stay together for 6 months.

But it also depends how long he plans on staying... if it's going to be a case of months as opposed to weeks, then I would probably have a problem with that after the long wait to be together.

I do feel his parents have alot to do with this. well not both anyways.. I have gotten very close to his father, he is a wonderful person and I love him dearly. You see I lost my dad a very long time ago and I miss him so much. When I met keiths father that big hole in my heart got closed up alot because he filled alot ot it. As for his mom, I have tried to get close to her but its hard as she still loves his ex wife and that is ok, I told her from day one its ok and I still feel the same way, I do feel she wants them back together and I can also understand that as she wants her son home where she can be with him. sometimes I feel this money deal is a way to keep him here and keep us apart , I will not give up hope though as I do love him with all of me and I do believe he loves me , He is just very much family oriented and his parents come first , I knew this when I met him so now I have to try to be understanding. I have asked him for a date, or a idea of time and he cant give it to me .. I believe it will be months and this is what I am having trouble dealing with at this time.

At first I was blaming his mom for having his ex there for xmas but Keith is a grown man and can make his own decisions, he can choose to be there or he can choose to be some place else during the time she is there. Time will tell what choice he makes and I pray he makes the right one for us.

I have asked santa to bring him home as my xmas present ... I do believe in santa ;) lets hope

Thankyou for you support and great advice as you have opened my eyes up alot to see it the way he is seeing it. huggs

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

That must be very hard. It's awful when extra weeks or months are added on to the expected time frame. We're expecting our visa around March but I won't be able to use it until July as I still have uni... and even then, I might have to wait until my ceremony. I'm dying to be with him and make the big move so that we don't have to be apart any longer! I understand your difficulty in dealing with it.

Here's hoping you get Keith home with you very very soon. In a while, the painful wait will be over. :)

Timeline
Chelle,

I do feel his parents have alot to do with this. well not both anyways.. I have gotten very close to his father, he is a wonderful person and I love him dearly. You see I lost my dad a very long time ago and I miss him so much. When I met keiths father that big hole in my heart got closed up alot because he filled alot ot it. As for his mom, I have tried to get close to her but its hard as she still loves his ex wife and that is ok, I told her from day one its ok and I still feel the same way, I do feel she wants them back together and I can also understand that as she wants her son home where she can be with him. sometimes I feel this money deal is a way to keep him here and keep us apart , I will not give up hope though as I do love him with all of me and I do believe he loves me , He is just very much family oriented and his parents come first , I knew this when I met him so now I have to try to be understanding. I have asked him for a date, or a idea of time and he cant give it to me .. I believe it will be months and this is what I am having trouble dealing with at this time.

At first I was blaming his mom for having his ex there for xmas but Keith is a grown man and can make his own decisions, he can choose to be there or he can choose to be some place else during the time she is there. Time will tell what choice he makes and I pray he makes the right one for us.

I have asked santa to bring him home as my xmas present ... I do believe in santa ;) lets hope

Thankyou for you support and great advice as you have opened my eyes up alot to see it the way he is seeing it. huggs

He can't give you a date??? Are you sure he wants to come be with you sweetie?? I am not saying this to upset you, but he cant give you a date? he has 6 months once it is issued to enter the united states.

I would be so PEAVED if kai did this girl. I would be telling him look I understand you need to do this but this is BS.

I do not think it is fair. Kais parents are like that. His mom is something else and his dad even though i like him will defend mom and go against us.

Kai though stands ground and made a contract with them to pay them back, I do not understand WHY your man is allowing his parents to lay a guilt trip on him. YOU are number one now they are 2cd.

when you leave mom and dad to make that commitment your SO is now your first family and your family is second.

Sorry it just makes me sad to think about it..I am so so sorry you have to endure this!!!

HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meri

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Vermont filers some Good news. I just called NVC at 603 334-0700 & talked to this very nice lady & she said our case was received on the 14th & then sent to my embassy today. All I had to do was give my receipt number & DOB. So all you early July filers from Vermont shud do the same! Hope this helps!

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline

P.S. they also gave me this new case number! Cdneh & Nick, you better call NVC :thumbs: cuz believe me USCIS website dont work & Calling USCIS is pointless.

Timeline
P.S. they also gave me this new case number! Cdneh & Nick, you better call NVC :thumbs: cuz believe me USCIS website dont work & Calling USCIS is pointless.

CONGRATZ!!!!!! thats good news happy journey

PS USCIS website is down to check updates

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline

CONGRATZ!!!!!! thats good news happy journey

PS USCIS website is down to check updates

Thanks. I wanna call my other half now but she is sleeping So I will wait! The USCIS website works for me but it is still showing the same stupid damnCase received and pending :bonk:

I hope all you guys get ur NOA2 soon. Its about time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You might consider looking at the situation from the point of view of your fiance, his parents, and the child before you let jealousy and insecurity ruin your Christmas.

Your fiance sounds like a man who honors his commitments and obligations and sets a high priority on family. Often, it is the things we love the most about someone that also drives us crazy.

Good luck.

Timeline

You might consider looking at the situation from the point of view of your fiance, his parents, and the child before you let jealousy and insecurity ruin your Christmas.

Your fiance sounds like a man who honors his commitments and obligations and sets a high priority on family. Often, it is the things we love the most about someone that also drives us crazy.

Good luck.

true however he can do the same thing with her in the states to pay his family back. It seems a waste of time to do the visa if he is going to put it on hold so many times...that is not fair

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.