7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is advance parole necessary for filing? When I filed my AOS documents, I didn't include Advance Parole. I am set for interview next month and on the list of what-to-bring they stated to bring all immigration-issued documents including I-94 (which I lost), EAD (received) and Advance Parole (which I didn't file) on top of other documents which we included in the filing. So, is it necessary for me to file an Advance Parole or is this list a general list for all AOS applicants unless otherwise specified. This is confusing me.

Help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello! As far as I know it tis not necessary to include Advance Parol, however that gives you the ability to travel outside the US during the process. Hope this helps...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Is advance parole necessary for filing? When I filed my AOS documents, I didn't include Advance Parole. I am set for interview next month and on the list of what-to-bring they stated to bring all immigration-issued documents including I-94 (which I lost), EAD (received) and Advance Parole (which I didn't file) on top of other documents which we included in the filing. So, is it necessary for me to file an Advance Parole or is this list a general list for all AOS applicants unless otherwise specified. This is confusing me.

Help!

Nope not at all EAD as well as AP are optional, you are ok.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

AP and EAD not required but you can still file for them for free . Just include a copy of the I-485 receipt notice.

GOOD idea to have in case your AOS takes a long time and you have to return home for emergencies or you want to work.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

I am planning on having my fiancee file AP along with the AOS. Although I'm pretty sure AP is necessary to travel out of the country and return to the U.S. , the language of the AP instructions is confusing:

"NOTE: If you are in the United States and wish to travel abroad, you do not need to apply for advance parol if both conditions A and B below are met:

A. You are in one of the following non-immigrant categories:

3. K-3, spouse, or K-4, child of a U.S. citizen;

B. A Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was filed on your behald and is pending with USCIS."

Doesn't this sound that for any K-1 visa holder, AP is unnecessary?

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi,

I am planning on having my fiancee file AP along with the AOS. Although I'm pretty sure AP is necessary to travel out of the country and return to the U.S. , the language of the AP instructions is confusing:

"NOTE: If you are in the United States and wish to travel abroad, you do not need to apply for advance parol if both conditions A and B below are met:

B. A Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was filed on your behald and is pending with USCIS."

Actually you are misreading the "spouse" part. You need to be a K-3 (spouse) to qualify. A K-1 is a SINGLE entry visa while a K-3 is a multiple entry visa.

A K-1 needs advanced parole.

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi,

Actually you are misreading the "spouse" part. You need to be a K-3 (spouse) to qualify. A K-1 is a SINGLE entry visa while a K-3 is a multiple entry visa.

A K-1 needs advanced parole.

Ok. I see your point, I didn't know if the "spouse" part was any spouse with a non-immigrant visa of a U.S. citizen. We were going to put for multiple entries. The sample form on VJ does not have anything. Do we need to fill this part out or just put multiple entires and let USCIS agree.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.