pegbert64

What do you just HAVE to bring back on a trip to Canada?

83 posts in this topic

When I can down here the last time I brought two boxes of Kinder Eggs and sold them to the Germans here for $2 each.
:lol: You brat! :lol:

I've read through the posts here and was thinking about the pickles and agree with CBR Klaussen Pickles (in your cooler) are really tasty! I find ketchup here in the US too sweet, I prefer the vinegar taste of Canada's, so bring back ketchup. Cheeze Whiz, Nabob coffee (Full City), All Dressed chips are things I brought back the last time I was there. I just learned there was an A&W here in St. Louis, but I haven't been there. A&W's poutine in Saskatchewan was probably the best of the fast food poutine's I've had. Doubt if they would serve it here though. I was always a huge fan of Harvey's burgers. If I was to pick a fast food burger joint here in the US I'd have to say Hardee's was one of my favourites...not that I've been to many, but thus far anyway!

Eh, Yanks rarely even know what poutine is--so you can't expect to see it on the menu.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, and when I try to describe poutine to Southerners they just look at me like this :blink: or they go EWWWWWW sick!

Meh, whatever. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
When I can down here the last time I brought two boxes of Kinder Eggs and sold them to the Germans here for $2 each.

:lol: You brat! :lol:

I've read through the posts here and was thinking about the pickles and agree with CBR Klaussen Pickles (in your cooler) are really tasty! I find ketchup here in the US too sweet, I prefer the vinegar taste of Canada's, so bring back ketchup. Cheeze Whiz, Nabob coffee (Full City), All Dressed chips are things I brought back the last time I was there. I just learned there was an A&W here in St. Louis, but I haven't been there. A&W's poutine in Saskatchewan was probably the best of the fast food poutine's I've had. Doubt if they would serve it here though. I was always a huge fan of Harvey's burgers. If I was to pick a fast food burger joint here in the US I'd have to say Hardee's was one of my favourites...not that I've been to many, but thus far anyway!

lol I find the ketchup here to vinegary and think Canada's Heinz (which I like better) is more sweeter ...

Valasic pickles are pretty good..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Minty green aero bars. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and my mom.

You can drive to either New Brunswick (the Joisey town, not the province) or Philly to access desi stores for the actual Brit ones.

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

and you shouldn't have told me that because now I am going to buy them by the caseload.

Do you have an address of said store? I tried googling and I am finding it hard to find.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

and you shouldn't have told me that because now I am going to buy them by the caseload.

Do you have an address of said store? I tried googling and I am finding it hard to find.

For Philadelphia (from 411):

Spice of India

9257 Roosevelt Blvd

Philadelphia, PA 19114

(215) 677-5211

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

and my mom.

You can drive to either New Brunswick (the Joisey town, not the province) or Philly to access desi stores for the actual Brit ones.

I've also found Aero, Flake, Cadbury, etc at the World Market stores in NC, and they are the British ones too.

And lucky for me, our local Harris Teeter carries HP (original only), and also Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce which is now the ONLY steak sauce that my USC husband will use! So long, A-1!!!

L

Timeline
To add to the growing list:

Elita and Triumph undergarments

YES YES YES!!!!!!!! I would have remembered when I walked into The Bay, but thanks for the reminder! Ya know, my friends here think it is so weird that I only wear "underwear from Canada". But I tell them that once you wear Elita, there really are no other brands that compare. I LOOOOOOOVE Elita!!!!

L

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I always bring back

-Old Dutch Hickory Sticks

-Purdy's Chocolates

-Mint Aero Bars

-Dormer 211 face cream/sun screen

Plus, my husband (the USC) and I always stop for a treat at A&W and New York Fries.

I also miss the philadelphia cream cheese chip dips. I can't find them here. The ones they sell here are gross.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I am going to go into a Northern Reflections store when I am back in Canada as well - their pants always seem to realize that a woman's waist isn't the same size as her hips. I can't get over how many places I look for pants in the US and the sizes don't fit because they are built for women who are 'straight' with virtually no difference between waist and hip. It isn't one brand more than another, it seems to be all brands.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

and my mom.

I've also found Aero, Flake, Cadbury, etc at the World Market stores in NC, and they are the British ones too.

And lucky for me, our local Harris Teeter carries HP (original only), and also Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce which is now the ONLY steak sauce that my USC husband will use! So long, A-1!!!

L

I finally stopped at the World Market- I had passed one here many times and always wanted to check it out. I liked it- cool stuff.

I did buy some Flakes and some curly wurly's.

Here's my list: Clothes from Jacob Connexion, Dairyland Milk (I live near the border so it's feasible for me), Good Host Ice Tea Mix, Tim Horton's Hot Chocolate Mix, Advil Extra Strength Liqui-gels for migraines, Aerius Allergy Medication, Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes (the ones here are disgusting), steaks (Canadian beef is so much better, in my opinion!), outdoor gear/ clothing from Mountain Equipment Co-op, Nivea Visage Face Soap, Lady Speedstick Tropical Breeze.

Timeline
Here's my list: Clothes from Jacob Connexion, Dairyland Milk (I live near the border so it's feasible for me), Good Host Ice Tea Mix, Tim Horton's Hot Chocolate Mix, Advil Extra Strength Liqui-gels for migraines, Aerius Allergy Medication, Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes (the ones here are disgusting), steaks (Canadian beef is so much better, in my opinion!), outdoor gear/ clothing from Mountain Equipment Co-op, Nivea Visage Face Soap, Lady Speedstick Tropical Breeze.

On one of my summer visits to NC many years ago, I brought out my two MEC sleeping bags for a weekend "sleep out" at a friend's farm. I've been lugging them around NC ever since! My husband asked why I insist on keeping them, as they are "just sleeping bags"....... :no: Nope, they are MEC sleeping bags! I've also can't part with my Far West gortex rain jacket. I think the MEC and Far West things remind me of *home*, so I doubt I will ever let them go!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.