bgreed

why originals???

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Would it be possible for you to visit your wife and pick up the documents? I know it's an expensive proposition, but if the mail service in the Ukraine is that bad then it may be worth the peace of mind.

:)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The other thing that I find strange is that my wife is also supposed to bring the originals of these same documents with her to her interview. So how are the same original documents supposed to be in two places at once?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The other thing that I find strange is that my wife is also supposed to bring the originals of these same documents with her to her interview. So how are the same original documents supposed to be in two places at once?

Do you know this for a fact? Have you seen a review from someone who interviewed at her Embassy or received written instruction from the embassy asking that you bring originals to the interview as well?

Most issuing offices will give you as many copies as you want, that is basically how it would be accomplished - IF it is required.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do you know this for a fact? Have you seen a review from someone who interviewed at her Embassy or received written instruction from the embassy asking that you bring originals to the interview as well?

Most issuing offices will give you as many copies as you want, that is basically how it would be accomplished - IF it is required.

If you read the list of things that she is supposed to bring to the interview it includes all of the same documents that your supposed to send to NVC. As per the embassy site this is included in the KEV 3 packet.

Being as your dealing with Canada and not a former soviet country (actually two) you have no idea just how complicated these folks can make life to perform what is a simple task in a western country. Just to get married took visits to no less than four diffrent agencies each with there own fee and waiting time and two different agencies after we got married to properly register the marriage certificate.

Filed: Timeline

"Document Requirements

The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit the following original documents or certified copies of the documents listed in this section from an appropriate authority (the issuing entity). In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents."

For appointment posts these instructions are the same for all countries, so an original or a certified copy is accepted. A certified copy issued by the issuing authority. So, she can proceed taking certified copies to the interview. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.