khlilo

A/P.....IS FOR FEMALES TOO

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Dear Khengool:

I am married to an Iranian Chemical Engineer. It took about 4 months for AP to clear.

So if your fiance is not a man and does not have a profession which could be considered "dual purpose" (ie used to harm USA) then I don't think you have to wait too long.

Be prepared that the Embassy will ask for a resume at the last minute. They did for us.

Can you afford to leave USA, your job (which may be the foundation of showing financial stability to sponsor your fiance) just to wait for a few months in Iran until the AP clears?

I, too, wanted to quit my job and go and wait with my husband. But I also knew I needed to be financialy stable here in the USA for the time when he came. To provide food and a place to live. So I hung in and waited for the AP to clear (but did get very depressed as others here would confirm). I am glad I did. It would have been much harder for my husband and I to come back at the same time. Then for me to look for work and an apartment while he could not (since he has to wait for his social security card).

Think about it before you do anything.

Tina

Thanks, Tina.

I have definitely thought about it quite a bit.

I went to Ankara with her a month ago and spent some time in Iran as well.

I almost did not come back at that time.

There is no way that once our non-legal wedding ceremony takes place that I will even think of leaving her alone again. It's not something that I can do as a husband. I'm not worried about the finances. I live comfortably in California, but I have no problem taking another job somewhere else where the income/housing ratio is better, if needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am sorry for your stress. We have all been through what you have been through. I have been lucky compared to others (we had to wait about 4 months). I finally reunited with my husband after 15 months of not seeing each other.

Try to be hopeful and realize that we are all here to help. Don't lose hope and keep strong.

Yes, do go for the interview and spend some time with your fiance. It will help having fresh moments of being together (fresh memories) to endure waiting for AP. It will make the AP seem less protracted.

Tina

ok.....so females get A/P too...oh my god it doesn't make any sence,,,oh well if we have to go through it is going to be very hard for me realy ...i am going to be with her in her interview(hopfuly this helps).....

you know i am realy missing her so mach it has been 12 monthes alredy sence last time we have been togother and when i got my interview schdule i was so happy but when i saw this thing of AP ,,,i get like very upsat,,,,

any way thankes for all of you and please excuse my poor english

It doesn't make sense for females to get AP? I don't think the person's sex will determine the outcome of AP. Either way, I hope you have a speedy process and that you are reunited wiht her ASAP. :star:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

shhhh i'm on a mission

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Dear Khengool:

I am married to an Iranian Chemical Engineer. It took about 4 months for AP to clear.

So if your fiance is not a man and does not have a profession which could be considered "dual purpose" (ie used to harm USA) then I don't think you have to wait too long.

Be prepared that the Embassy will ask for a resume at the last minute. They did for us.

Can you afford to leave USA, your job (which may be the foundation of showing financial stability to sponsor your fiance) just to wait for a few months in Iran until the AP clears?

I, too, wanted to quit my job and go and wait with my husband. But I also knew I needed to be financialy stable here in the USA for the time when he came. To provide food and a place to live. So I hung in and waited for the AP to clear (but did get very depressed as others here would confirm). I am glad I did. It would have been much harder for my husband and I to come back at the same time. Then for me to look for work and an apartment while he could not (since he has to wait for his social security card).

Tina

Thanks, Tina.

There is no way that once our non-legal wedding ceremony takes place that I will even think of leaving her alone again. It's not something that I can do as a husband. I'm not worried about the finances. I live comfortably in California, but I have no problem taking another job somewhere else where the income/housing ratio is better, if needed.

What would you do? Go back to Iran and live there for a few months and then come back with her together? Let's say you both come back together....you and her would both be at home, while you look for a job. Do you have enough savings to tide the both of you over for the time you are out of work? Is you house/apartment situation one where you can afford not to work for a few months? Does quiting your job, jeopardize your Affidavit of Support as sponsor?

Since you have recently spent time together in Ankara, try to not get so frustrated by this relatively short seperation period. In reality it is short time compared to others. Instead bide your time...Like I said, you may not have to wait endless months. Maybe a couple months only.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Dear Khengool:

Tina

Thanks, Tina.

What would you do? Go back to Iran and live there for a few months and then come back with her together? Let's say you both come back together....you and her would both be at home, while you look for a job. Do you have enough savings to tide the both of you over for the time you are out of work? Is you house/apartment situation one where you can afford not to work for a few months? Does quiting your job, jeopardize your Affidavit of Support as sponsor?

Since you have recently spent time together in Ankara, try to not get so frustrated by this relatively short seperation period. In reality it is short time compared to others. Instead bide your time...Like I said, you may not have to wait endless months. Maybe a couple months only.

We have sufficient assets to remain in Iran for a year or two until she has a visa and I find work.

I've always wanted to live in iran for an extended period, the opportunity just never presented itself.

Not getting the visa in a timely manner is facilitating that dream of mine. There's always a silver lining if you look hard enough! :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline
HEY.....

I just wanna to know a very simple thing is arabic FEMALES GOT TO GO THROUGH THE A/P THING TOO???????

in CAIRO EGYPT,,,

becous as i notice that only males are going trough this!!!!!

From what i was told here that yes females can go thru it too but with much lesser chance than men! dont worry insha Allah she wont. Im the beneficiary and i used to worry about that but im trying to be optimistic :D

Hi there,

What does AP mean? As you know we got our NVC case completed on 8-8-2008

So we are still waiting for the interview date for my wife, which is currently in Cairo.

What is the risk of AP? is this something we need to be concerned about?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
HEY.....

I just wanna to know a very simple thing is arabic FEMALES GOT TO GO THROUGH THE A/P THING TOO???????

in CAIRO EGYPT,,,

becous as i notice that only males are going trough this!!!!!

From what i was told here that yes females can go thru it too but with much lesser chance than men! dont worry insha Allah she wont. Im the beneficiary and i used to worry about that but im trying to be optimistic :D

Hi there,

What does AP mean? As you know we got our NVC case completed on 8-8-2008

So we are still waiting for the interview date for my wife, which is currently in Cairo.

What is the risk of AP? is this something we need to be concerned about?

Wow this is kind of an old thread! lol

AP is Administrative Processing and it refers to the time between the interview and the visa issuance. Egypt historically has been super slow issuing the visas after the interview but usually only for the men...the women normally got it between a few days and a week or two. Now Egypt is much quicker to go through and shouldn't be anything to worry about in your case inshallah.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.