BrownSugarHoney

Doing your medicals in Ghana

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello all,

I apologize for the delay in posting this. My fiance and I have been trying to get all our items together for his interview...TOMORROW! Now that I have a moment to take a breather, I am posting how he did his medicals in Ghana and his experience. Let me take the time to say that I received much guidance from Zee, Erica, and Zainab!

What he brought:

1) Embassy letter indicating appointment date and case #

2) 3 passport photos

3) his Passport

Where her went:

First he went to Trinity House. Someone had mentioned a person by the name of Mr. Ray, who was very knowledgeable about the visa process. He mentioned his name and Mr Ray came out and initiated the intake process. He took my fiance's vital, documents, and ID. he gave home some forms o complete.

Next he had his eye test.

Next he was examined by an MD who asked several medical questions and did a physical exam.

Next they did a chest x-ray

Next they requested a urine and stool sample. (I was told this takes the longest. No too many people can do a # 2 on demand. My baby was no exception!). I was surprised to hear this part was not supervised. In the States they strip you of all you have on you and tell you not to flush the toilet to make sure you are not using someone else's samples. Maybe it was a fluke that day at Trinity.....

The total cost was about 500,000 Cedis and he was there from about 8am to 12noon...

Next he went to Med Labs. They took blood samples there. My fiance says that whe he arrived, the office stated there would be a lunch break from 1pm to 2pm. My fiance says everyone left except for him an another guy. He decided to wait. He said 10 minutes later someone came out and called him inside to draw his blood.

The total cost was about 500,000 Cedis and he was there for about 45 minutes.

Next he went to Akai House for his vacinnations. They gave home 5 vaccination shots. Some are series so he had to return for the 2nd dose in 30 days time.

The total cost was about 2 million cedis and he was there for about 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours.

SIDE NOTE:

My fiance went to the Police Headquarters to apply for his Police Certifiecate since he was off for the day and gathering the needed items. He was told his certificate would be ready in one weeks's time. He is well known at the Head quarters since several family members are detyectives, so I am not sure if the processing was expedited for him...

Hope this was helpful!

Will post interview resultsand details tomorrow. Particularly for Bassi & Zainab as well as K&A! Good luck ladies! :thumbs:

Jackie aka BrownSugarHoney

8262.gif

JACKIE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.